Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ronaldo

Comments

• Options
    Chunes said:

JT said:

Don't think i've ever heard anyone call Rooney one of the best players in the world.

Heard it so many times JT. ITV whip it out every united game. Moyes called him and Van Persie the best in the world last week.
    ITV haven't got a clue and Moyes is just biggin'up his own players, theres nothing wrong with that.

I think Rooney is a great player but anyone thats impartial or has a clue about football knows he isn't the best in the world.
  • Options
    I'm really pleased that Portugal have made it to the World Cup , i hope Ronaldo stays fit so he makes it to Brazil, hope we don't get Portugal in the group stage?
  • Options
    I don't think we will as i'm sure they'll be amongst the 2nd seeds like us
  • Options
    Ronaldo & Messi are in a different class to Rooney, he is a very good player - no doubting that - but nowhere near their class and never will be.

We have not had anyone like these blokes since Gazza at his very brief peak in 90/91- and even he was not in their class really.
  • Options
    edited November 2013

Can't stand the Messi v Ronaldo comparison.

They are both world class players, that have different attributes that make them what they are. Just enjoy them both.

All this he's better than him cos of this just reminds me of people that play far too much FIFA on computer.

Bizarre. Comparisons are absolutely inevitable when there's two players around as good as those two. It is also possible to enjoy watching both, surprisingly.
  • Options

They are both world class players, that have different attributes that make them what they are. Just enjoy them both.

All this he's better than him cos of this just reminds me of people that play far too much FIFA on computer.

Bizarre. Comparisons are absolutely inevitable when there's too players around as good as those two. It is also possible to enjoy watching both, surprisingly.
    erm, didn't say they weren't inevitable, just said i can't stand them!!
  • Options

Bizarre. Comparisons are absolutely inevitable when there's too players around as good as those two. It is also possible to enjoy watching both, surprisingly.
    I meant the bit at the end was bizarre.
  • Options

THIS.

Does my head in. Just enjoy the watching the players and admire what they're capable of.

Everytime Ronaldo scores a hat trick "Is he the best in the world?". Everytime Messi does something similar in the Champions League "Is he the best of all time?"

Both are impossible questions to answer, so why bother?
  • Options

Then i urge you to go on twitter and look at a lot of the comments and popular football accounts.
  • Options

Then i urge you to go on twitter and look at a lot of the comments and popular football accounts.
    I'm on Twitter, but can't say I've spent too much time trying to decipher which opinions come from those who might play video games, and those who don't. I don't see how the two would be correlated, but I'm moving off topic here.

For those who haven't seen Ronaldo's goals from last night. A couple of quality passes from Moutinho in here too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Wdw56k1pqE
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Ronaldo & Messi are in a different class to Rooney, he is a very good player - no doubting that - but nowhere near their class and never will be.

We have not had anyone like these blokes since Gazza at his very brief peak in 90/91- and even he was not in their class really.

And that's something you can't teach, for all that people talk about training and academies and youth development in this country - Rooney or Townsend or Walcott or any flavour of the month player could train 12 hours a day from the age of 11 and they still wouldn't reach the levels of Messi/Ronaldo etc, whose football is natural and instinctive. You can argue that maybe coaching would change the culture/style of football in England, but it won't suddenly produce an English Ibrahimovich out of thin air.
  • Options
    True but they might not have reached their full potential without the years of hard work and quality coaching, either.
  • Options
    Or, perhaps...some artificial enhancements?

Allegedly
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

And that's something you can't teach, for all that people talk about training and academies and youth development in this country - Rooney or Townsend or Walcott or any flavour of the month player could train 12 hours a day from the age of 11 and they still wouldn't reach the levels of Messi/Ronaldo etc, whose football is natural and instinctive. You can argue that maybe coaching would change the culture/style of football in England, but it won't suddenly produce an English Ibrahimovich out of thin air.
    I think the key word is vision, the truly great players just see things that others don't.

As you say, you cannot teach that.
  • Options
    Ronaldo is unbelievable, would have him over Messi personally
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    TelMc32 said:

Superb tonight. Felt for Ibrahimovic, who nearly turned it round for Sweden on his own and who has probably seen his last chance of a World Cup go. But Ronaldo was fantastic and such a clinical finisher.

Only thing is that both those guys are just so much better than all their teammates & can see Portugal struggling if Ronaldo is crocked, or has an off-day.

Haha brilliant. You felt for that guy.

"One thing is for sure, a World Cup without me is nothing to watch so it is not worthwhile to wait for the World Cup," he said last night.
  • Options

I really don't get what playing video games has to do with anything here.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

because the accounts on twitter that continually rage on about who's better are also the ones that continually go on about FIFA14. Notice how i said 'reminds me'. I didn't request you get it.
  • Options
    Anyway, the guy is a beast and I for one am hoping he gets the Ballon D'or this season, he has been phenomenal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

JiMMy 85 said:

because the accounts on twitter that continually rage on about who's better are also the ones that continually go on about FIFA14. Notice how i said 'reminds me'. I didn't request you get it.
    Its also the accounts that have some sort of irritating "Football Banter" theme to them as well!
  • Options
    I don't think anyone can argue that Ronaldo deserves it this year. He's on another level at the moment. Some brilliant assists last night but he still had to take the chances and he made the 3rd look so easy when it really wasn't.

A lot of people were clamouring for Ribery to win it, but he's nowhere near Ronaldo's level. I think Bayern would be just as good without him and they'd still win trophies.

Ronaldo on the other hand IS Real Madrid and Portugal. Both are nowhere near as good without him.
  • Options
    Cracking new pants as well
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Anyway, the guy is a beast and I for one am hoping he gets the Ballon D'or this season, he has been phenomenal.

Spot on. He's won it. He knows it, everyone knows it.
  • Options
    I would always have picked Ronaldo before messi in a team. Ronaldo is more of an all round footballer and is tried and tested in the premier league. Messi has dedicated his life to Barcelona and gets on the end of everything that the creativity of that side offers him.

Can't deny the quality of messi he is phenomenal...but Ronaldo is and has been better, he has more to his game.
  • Options
    Franck Ribery for me, bored with Ronaldo/Messi bandwagon.
    Those upping Ronaldo should ask what he has achieved in the past 12 months.
    Sweden aren't great defensively, and portugal scrapped through qualifying.
  • Options
    Wouldn't go as far as saying who's better out of Ronald and leonard, but if I could sign one of them for charlton, it would definately be Ronny for me (although I wouldn't be too upset with the runners up prize). Just think there's so much more of "the complete" player in him.

Nice to see he's cut down on constantly throwing himself on the floor at every opportunity these days. Maybe he's worked out that if he stays on his feet, he's more likely to score?

• Options
    Think it is worth pointing out that Messi has pretty much the same amount of career goals as Ronaldo (around 350) despite being three years younger.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Think it is worth pointing out that Messi has pretty much the same amount of career goals as Ronaldo (around 350) despite being three years younger.

Messi does have far better creative players behind him though. The Spain squad didn't do too badly without him. Whereas Argentina he hasn't done much with.
  • Options
    Ronaldo over Messi for me. CR is such a dangerous player who scores every type of goal. Can you imagine playing full back against him...?