Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Freddy Eastwood

been linked with him and Paul mcveigh from Norwich. in the independent

Comments

• Options
    Paul McVeigh - are they sure? 3 years ago maybe but surely not now!
  • Options
    that is what is the old independent - to be honest i hope not.
  • Options
    I thought I would bump this one again. We are being linked with him again. What do you think of him? Those who dislike pikey's on the Gillingham thread, how ironic would that be if he became our main striker?...:-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]I thought I would bump this one again. We are being linked with him again. What do you think of him? Those who dislike pikey's on the Gillingham thread, how ironic would that be if he became our main striker?...:-)

i dont dislike pikeys, i dislike jills! and they just happen to be pikeys!

Killers a pikey and we all love him
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I was going to mention about Killer but I wasn't sure if this was just an urban myth or that it was actually true. Just think. Eastwood the next pikey striker at the Addicks to follow in the footsteps of Killer.

I don't dislike pikeys except the one who pulled a knife on me and held it to my throat when I was fourteen and tried to nick my bike. Still that's another story.
  • Options
    On the face of it, it doesn't look too good a business by us.

£2m for Varney, who struggled in the Championship before finding his feet in League.

Wolves are reportedly signing Eastwood, who scored heavily in the Championship, for £1.25m rising to £1.5m.

Lets hope Pardew proves to know more than us Average Joe's....
  • Options
    Eastwood is out of contract in a year, and is refusing to sign a new one, so the deal is in the advantage of Wolves.

Eastwood hardly set the world alight last season to boot
  • Options
    is eastwood actually that good?i
    or is everyone going mental over his free-kick against man u still?
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    is the correct answer
  • Options
    people forget the same mentality that applies to darren bent applies to freddie eastwood

besides maher, flahaven and barrett, eastwood was effectively playing with a load of sub-standard team mates and STILL scored a decent amount of goals, couldn't he score more playing in a better team, with more confidence and higher aspiration?

we claim the same could be true for darren bent if he got better service and assistance... don't see how we can ignore this for eastwood at a step below
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    and the same applies for Varney, no?
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    definitely, in my opinion, but i'm not moaning about varney's fee before i've seen him kick a ball in anger for us

but remember, in varney's case we are talking about a step up in division as well as team ability, which doesn't apply to the eastwood/bent scenario above
  • Options
    im only asking if anyones seen him plays thats all...cuz i havent...apart from that free-kick against man united.
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    [cite]Posted By: markwebb21[/cite]im only asking if anyones seen him plays thats all...cuz i havent...apart from that free-kick against man united.

seen him play quite a few times and along with maher he was practically the only reason southend didn't get relegated by february

he's quick and has a decent level of skill and will score goals at any level

in all honesty i would've rather had him than varney but that's not to say i'm unhappy with luke
  • Options
    fair shout. im gonna get a youtube video up and have a look myself!
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH0qTMSi3y0 i take it all back...looks superb i muyst say!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    This bloke don't look to bad

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDr2VZCC1sA
    ]goodVid[/url]

PARDS BUY HIM, heheh
  • Options
    Can't we have both Varney and Eastwood? £1.5m is hardly going to break the bank and we'd then have by a long long way the best strikeforce in the Championship....
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    [cite]Posted By: EGAddick[/cite]Can't we have both Varney and Eastwood? £1.5m is hardly going to break the bank and we'd then have by a long long way the best strikeforce in the Championship....

Maybe we will, but currently we have Varney, Iwulemo, Dickson plus Marcus and Darren Bent.

If DB stays he is a certain starter and that means three strikers on the bench while one plays, if BD goes then some money is freed up.
  • Options
    Talk in the Essex press is that we are in for Eastwood..........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Varney, Iwelumo, Sahar, Eastwood, (get)Bent, Dickson

Thats potentially 2 1/2 first choice CCC strikeforces
  • Options
    how about bent and faye to brum for maik taylor and neil danns/clemence
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]how about bent and faye to brum for maik taylor and neil danns/clemence[/quote]

Wouldn't be a bad deal IMHO
  • Options
    i think bent could do ok in ccc but i think the fans won't give him a second chance and getting rid is good for all, especially if we get players who we need for certain positions. we're only 4/5 players away from a really good squad of hungry players.
  • Options
    Maybe getting hold of Eastwood would improve our performances on the road.
  • Options
    has Pards dropped a bollock

he's scored a couple already
  • Options
    No
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]has Pards dropped a bollock

he's scored a couple already

seen clips of goals, but still haven't seen Eastwood play in the flesh to make a sound judgment on what other aspects of his game and influences he may have, so reserve judgement.

But there is a nagging thought in my mind that he will outscore everyone of our strikers this season.
  • Options
    Watched that Football League programme last night & Graham Stuart was one of the guests, he said that Eastwood scores the simple goals ie the tap ins & goals not too far from the goal. Sounds a bit like a certain Super Clive to me, he was half decent.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]No

very certain there Rothko - our one striker goalscorer Marcus Bent was a lucky deflection into his path