Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Freddy Eastwood

2»

Comments

• Options
    Im not sure Clive was a tap in merchant...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Im not sure Clive was a tap in merchant...

his hattrick at wembley dispels that myth surely
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]No

very certain there Rothko - our one striker goalscorer Marcus Bent was a lucky deflection into his path

what I've seen of Varney when he was at Crewe showed me he's a better player, and Luke will score goals in this side
  • Options
    Hard to compare to Mendonca. I think if Curbs was asked, he would highlight what Mendonca gave to the overall team, ie ability to hold up play, bring others in, more than his actual goals
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Hard to compare to Mendonca. I think if Curbs was asked, he would highlight what Mendonca gave to the overall team, ie ability to hold up play, bring others in, more than his actual goals

Well he would wouldn't he. Actually being able to put the ball in the back of the net was never curbishley's main priority when it came to signing strikers.....

;o)
  • Options
    very true Mr Barn Door - couldn't have put it better myself
  • Options
    yeah curbs didn't have a clue about strikers look at marcus bent a shocking signing for £2m
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]No

very certain there Rothko - our one striker goalscorer Marcus Bent was a lucky deflection into his path

what I've seen of Varney when he was at Crewe showed me he's a better player, and Luke will score goals in this side

Good point - varney is deffo a better all round player
  • Options
    Dont know how you can compare Varney to Eastwood.

Eastwood has scored goals for a crap side in this division. Varney hasnt played in this division.

Eastwood was also top scorer in league one when he came up in 05/06.

Glad we signed Varney but massive clanger not getting Eastwood and letting him sign for Wolves, especially as everyone I have spoken to on the subject reckons Charlton was his first choice (partly his old man and wife's influence)

Varney and Eastwood combo would have been perfect.
  • Options
    Varney has played in this division the season before last when they got relegated and I am sure he got double figures.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2007
    Eastwood now an International goalscorer and a bloody good goal at that
  • Options
    think 05/06 was crewe's championship season???
    prolific!!
  • Options
    ive not read this thread but is Eastwood a Welsh Gypsy then?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]ive not read this thread but is Eastwood a Welsh Gypsy then?

Welsh-born grandfather
  • Options
    you're sister is your mother, you're father is your brother....
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Reading the summary about Luke's early days, reminds me of how Chris Dickson is trying to establish himself (also at Crewe at the moment).
    Any one any idea how he is getting on?