Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

** Takeover rumours - ed. Deal 'allegedly' DONE p.66**

Comments

• Options
    so has the trust scuppered the takeover
  • Options
    Bang goes that one then! I for one am pissed off with him pulling out of the deal.

• Options
    Hahahahaha, till next time.
  • Options
    51 pages of guff and all for nothing. Wonderful!
  • Options
    Bugger.
  • Options

Toby Porter ‏@PorterSLP 13m
    Sports mogul Josh Harris pulls out of bid to buy #CAFC - http://bit.ly/1f7vgU9

Multiple sources on this.
    do you know If there is any other parties interested/going through DD?
  • Options

so has the trust scuppered the takeover

I can confidently say "no" to that because directors have a direct line to Trust people including me, and none of them have ever raised ACV as an issue with any of us, at any time during the lengthy process of getting it. Indeed I was told that the whole Peninsula issue is a red herring regarding any takeover

• Options
    Is this the bid that Slater said didn't exist, or is there another bid that doesn't exist?

• Options
    Admin here we come?
  • Options
    Interesting that they'd stick the ACV stuff concerning the Valley (and the Valley being up for sale in general) after every piece about the takeover so far.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's easier to blame the Trust than take responsibility for their numerous cock ups!
  • Options
    No other serious bids. Jimenez and co could well leave a very big and dirty stain on the history of Charlton athletic.
  • Options
    Bugger Bugger Bugger.

Friggin TJ & MS holding out for more money - I can see just one outcome now unless they decide to invest money in Jan - relegation come May and then into Admin.

• Options
    Josh... What I'm hearing can't be right... let's talk about this.

Call me hun?!?

#confusedSE7 #thoughtwehadsomething #LonNJPhil
  • Options
    Who cares we've got a 5 year plan anyway aye Michael?

Lets hope he keeps his number saved for 6 months time!
  • Options
    A bit snidey attempting to link the failed takeover with the ACV. I'd imagine if the current owners either a) leaked the negotiations to the SLP in an attempt to elicit a higher bid from a rival party, or, b) asked for more money than the club is worth, then that is more likely to be the problem....

So we go from the future's bright to the future's shite in the space of a fortnight. Plus ca change!
  • Options
    *farts*
  • Options
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options

"Detailed discussions on related matters failed to be resolved" .... so as suspected it never was just a straightforward takeover deal. Presumably there are elements of risk that Bomber wanted to factor into the price, and the bottom line was just a bit too thin for our blokes.

Well, it's a lose-lose situation. We've lost much very valuable time engaged in this elaborate game of bluff, and Mr Harris, for what it's worth I think that for the sake of squeezing the last few cents out of the deal you have lost a golden opportunity. If someone comes along prepared to be reasonable there is plenty of upside to CAFC and enormous potential.
  • Options

"Detailed discussions on related matters failed to be resolved" .... so as suspected it never was just a straightforward takeover deal. Presumably there are elements of risk that Bomber wanted to factor into the price, and the bottom line was just a bit too thin for our blokes.

Well, it's a lose-lose situation. We've lost much very valuable time engaged in this elaborate game of bluff, and Mr Harris, for what it's worth I think that for the sake of squeezing the last few cents out of the deal you have lost a golden opportunity. If someone comes along prepared to be reasonable there is plenty of upside to CAFC and enormous potential.

Living up to your name!

In my opinion...we're fooooooked!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This news feels like the anticipation and excitement of an opened Christmas present, only to open it and find its a pair of socks... with holes in.
  • Options
    A deal will need to be agreed in the next 3 weeks or we'll be playing Oxford twice again next season.
  • Options

It's easier to blame the Trust than take responsibility for their numerous cock ups!

Maybe our team was spinning a line to the Americans that a relocation would be no issue whatsoever, a walk in the park so to speak - which from an American point of view makes sense as sports teams franchises change colours names, stadiums without a second thought for the fans. The ACV may have opened their eyes to the fact that this is a much more emotive subject in this country where fans rightly care about heritage.

Am sure this is not the reason & it could be that the ACV saved us from a nefarious play on the American's side, but something jars in that things were all seemingly going swimmingly & then suddenly from out of nowhere the ACV is approved at a critical juncture.

This isn't a slant at the trust - but speculation as to what impact the sudden ACV granting may have had - if any on the process.

I am sure it is simplistic as well because the Americans will have had experts/advisors from this country who I am sure would have been guiding them in the discussions & would have highlighted in advance this potential stumbling block if the whole thing was a property based play
  • Options
    Why are so many potential buyers going through DD and then pulling out? That is the key question here. What are they finding that means either they walk away or that they value the Club so much lower than the current owners.

And the longer it goes on the more money TJ and MS need to put in to cover the running costs so the money they want back increases. Which makes the problem worse.

We can cling to the hope that story of the other interested party is actually true (straw anyone?) but will they not just find the same problem and hit the same differential in valuation?

I agree with Prague though that the ACV is a red herring here.
  • Options
    I think the trust should contact Josh Harris and see if they can find out why they pulled out
  • Options
    Religious beliefs
  • Options
    If i'd have thought quick enough at the time , i should have got Sam Sodje to put a bet on for me saying that this deal would have been on the rocks 2 weeks later.
  • Options
    I'd imagine he's signed an NDA. Would love to know why we get so close and then miss out each time though.
  • Options
    I think its time for us as fans to make a stand at the game on Saturday. I know some people are going to say 'what's the point, they won't care' but Slater and jiminez are slowly killing our club,

if we can do nothing else we can put a bit of pressure on these clowns
  • Options
    The problem is that we just don't know (well, maybe some of you do) but nowhere near enough fans really know what's going on behind the scenes - how do we know that the buyer didn't start moving the goalposts right at the end (I admit, if you believe rumours then you would think that our current owners play these games fairly regularly and it's likely to be them but they are only rumours, there would need to be something substantive to call the fans into action I think).

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!