Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

** Takeover rumours - ed. Deal 'allegedly' DONE p.66**

Comments

• Options
    I'm leaning to the uninformed comment now.

No he's Irish prague.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I'm leaning to the uninformed comment now.

No he's Irish prague.

Are you thinking he went to the meeting of the Charlton Society and they all discussed what they've read on CL? :-)

• Options
    edited December 2013
    When I last saw Roberts, he was in the directors lounge having a very long and totally private conversation with Slater. This was at the Ipswich game on the day after we got the ACV. I did shake Cllr Roberts hand and thanked him profusely for the ACV but he was somewhat terse and cold toward me, can't think why.
  • Options

We (by which I mean the Valley Party) have history with John Fahy, but it is an interesting tweet.

We (by which I mean the Valley Party) have history with John Fahy, but it is an interesting tweet.

Can you remind us?

He's not the little Scottish bastard who tried to lump me after the count? :-)

Used to be an ASDAW union official if it's the same one, means absolutely nothing just wondered ;-)
  • Options

Charlton dogs - can't do a link thingy, I'm afraid, but if you google Charlton Greyhound Stadium the sixth item is headed J.Stone etc and on there is a wonderful aerial picture from 1947.

.... and I now notice that amongst several other pictures attached there are some showing the dog track and one which shows The Valley.

http://www.britainfromabove.org.uk/image/eaw011768?ref=16&flight=92219
  • Options

When I last saw Roberts, he was in the directors lounge having a very long and totally private conversation with Slater. This was at the Ipswich game on the day after we got the ACV. I did shake Cllr Roberts hand and thanked him profusely for the ACV but he was somewhat terse and cold toward me, can't think why.

last bit made me chuckle, well done
  • Options
    April 2012 in News Hopper

A COUNCILLOR who challenged for the leadership of Greenwich Council has lost his Olympics post - but remains in the cabinet.

Cllr John Fahy, who attempted to wrest control of the council from leader Cllr Chris Roberts last month, has now been named cabinet member for health, adults and older people.

He was previously in charge of culture and the Olympics - a role swapped with Cllr Peter Kotz who is given the new title cabinet member for cultural and creative industries.

Cllr Fahy had stood in a ballot of Labour councillors at their annual general meeting, gaining around one third of the vote - but not enough to usurp his leader.

The rest of the cabinet remains the same, with some of their titles slightly amended.

Cllr Roberts, criticised by some for a lack of openness, is lead member for finance and communications.
    March this year

"Received my thirty year award from USDAW"

• Options

Cllr John Fahy, who attempted to wrest control of the council from leader Cllr Chris Roberts last month, has now been named cabinet member for health, adults and older people.

What is the point at which once ceases to be an adult and becomes part of the "older people" ? Just asking. At 60, I'm wondering which category I fall into!

• Options
    Sixty is the new forty.
  • Options

What is the point at which once ceases to be an adult and becomes part of the "older people" ? Just asking. At 60, I'm wondering which category I fall into!

sorry--but you are now an old fart
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Still no takeover? Don't worry, I'm sure it'll happen soon. lol.
  • Options
    Nice to see that this thread has lots more meaningful news! You live in hope!
  • Options
    This is so much better than the other CL takeover thread- that one's just full of trivia and stuff about East bloody Kent!
  • Options
    edited December 2013

Nice to see that this thread has lots more meaningful news! You live in hope!

We need a scapegoat for the lack of developments and if you won't name one I'm putting Airman in the frame for the 'non payment of wages' leak at the end of last month :-0
  • Options
    This is now a Groundhog Day thread!
  • Options

Exactly, why would he be interested when it was his party who refused to return to the Valley originally.

I touch take his tweet with a pinch of salt!
  • Options

Shame you didn't shake him by the throat.
  • Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

Exactly, why would he be interested when it was his party who refused to return to the Valley originally.

I touch take his tweet with a pinch of salt!
    All parties on the council in 1990 voted against the Valley planning application, so not strictly true. In fact two Labour councillors voted for the plans (neither of them Fahy). Although Labour was and is the majority party in Greenwich so whatever the other parties had done wouldn't have changed the outcome.
  • Options

Can you remind us?

He's not the little Scottish bastard who tried to lump me after the count? :-)

No but I think there was a queue waiting to have a go including a wild eyed Italian who was screaming something about you and his Señora ;-))))
  • Options
    doronron said:

sorry--but you are now an old fart
    I hit a 'zero' next February but have a big C on my 13/14 ST and don't give a t**s if considered as an old fart coz at least I'm paying less to see the dross being served up this term by CP at VFR :-)))
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    delroofer said:

Greyhoundhog Day

• Options

@ Kap10 'Curiouser and curiouser!'

The NewShopper article listed by stilIaddickted gives the motive for cllr Fahy to create political turbulance for cllr Roberts assuming the lack of openess has the Valley as one of the subject matters. He is aware of certain fan collectives that will search under bolders if given the slightest hint.
  • Options
    Fahy was on the pitch before kick off vs Ipswich
  • Options
    Not sure if this is relevant to this thread but as most things arn't I thought I would put it here!.

I am sure they have been mentioned on here before and written off but "The Estates Gazette" today published it's 2013 Property Rich List and the new Number Two is Henry Cheng SKar-Shun, of the Hong Kong based Knight Dragon/New World Development Company who is worth £10.2bn and has purchased the Greenwich Peninsula New Generation scheme from Quintain.

Maybe just as (if not more) interestingly, Kevin Cash makes an appearance (just below JP McManus) at equal 61 with £500M Net worth:

Kevin Cash, Imperial Marketing Concepts.
    "Birmingham born Cash began as a trader selling frozen foods and survived bancruptcy at the age of 18 to become a millionaire by his late 20's when he began buying super prime London property. He also began investing in internet firms in the mid 1990's. His family tusts own property in South Africa, a £16M Oxfordshire Estate and student properties around Britain. We value Cash at £500M.

Despite the last person on the list being worth just £83M ! Jiminez and Slater surprisingly (lol) do not appear.

http://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/launch.aspx?eid=2c441816-b9d8-44fa-9891-9615252190a7&

• Options

• Options
    Plaaayer said:

Greyhoundog Day.
  • Options

@ Kap10 'Curiouser and curiouser!'

The NewShopper article listed by stilIaddickted gives the motive for cllr Fahy to create political turbulance for cllr Roberts assuming the lack of openess has the Valley as one of the subject matters. He is aware of certain fan collectives that will search under bolders if given the slightest hint.

However, if Cllr Fahy was around at the time of the Valley Party, he ought to know that we understand politics. The longer he ignores our attempts to contact him to establish what he meant by his tweet , the more he raises the suspicion that he is just using us for his own political ends. If you are reading this, Cllr., please pick up that ringing phone.
  • Options
    Toby Porter ‏@PorterSLP 13m
    Sports mogul Josh Harris pulls out of bid to buy #CAFC - http://bit.ly/1f7vgU9
  • Options
    Sports mogul Harris pulls out of Charlton takeover talks
    Wednesday, 11 December 2013

EXCLUSIVE
    By Toby Porter
    MULTI-MILLIONAIRE Josh Harris has withdrawn his bid to buy Charlton Athletic, despite completing the due diligence process.
    The businessman, who also owns the New Jersey Devils ice hockey club and the Philadelphia 76ers basketball team, could not agree on a price with owners Michael Slater and Tony Jimenez.
    The figure had been set at around the £18million mark, but detailed discussions on related matters had failed to be resolved and Harris pulled out earlier this week.
    A spokesman for Harris - who had not publicly confirmed his bid - has has declined to comment on the matter.
    A Charlton spokesman also said there will be no comment on the situation.
    The setback for the Addicks comes just three weeks before the reopening of the transfer window.
    It is also two weeks after Charlton Athletic Supporters Trust succeeded in having The Valley designated as an Asset of Community Value.
    ACV status means that if The Valley is offered for sale, Greenwich council must be notified.
    Town hall chiefs must then publicise the potential sale in the neighbourhood.
    Community groups such as CAST then have six weeks to lodge a non-binding expression of interest; and a total of six months to develop a bid and raise the necessary capital for the purchase.
    It is hoped that this six-month period will be enough to deter any potential buyer who might want to move the club to a new site, on the Greenwich Peninsula, and build social housing on the site of the current stadium.
    Charlton have consistently refused to comment on any reports of a takeover.
    More Addicks news in Friday's South London Press.
  • Options

Toby Porter ‏@PorterSLP 13m
    Sports mogul Josh Harris pulls out of bid to buy #CAFC - http://bit.ly/1f7vgU9

Multiple sources on this.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!