Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Campaign to return to the Valley!

I am fed up with our new 40,000 capacity stadium, dayglo Purple Kit and lack of progress past the semi's in the Champions League - we need to regain our soul and heritage now!

Therefore, partly to beat the rush, I would like to announce the launch of the campaign to return to the Valley!

Comments

• Options
    FC Charlton
  • Options
    Who will you email?
  • Options
    What if they have open air smoking areas back to at a The Valley that the new ground didn't?
  • Options

What if they have open air smoking areas back to at a The Valley that the new ground didn't?

I'm never gonna live the smoking post down am

• Options
    I
  • Options
    PJW1 said:

I'm never gonna live the smoking post down am

:)
  • Options
    I'll always miss the urinals at the old valley...........and often did.
  • Options
    I also want to complain about the speed the beer is poured at our new stadium!!
  • Options
    And the water in the "Dames" is far too hot !
  • Options
    All legitimate complaints caused by the new owners failure to live up to the promises they made next week - possibly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I just found these old plans saying the Valley could hold 40k, why did we ever leave??
  • Options
    razil said:

I just found these old plans saying the Valley could hold 40k, why did we ever leave??

What year are you talking about 1923, 1985 or 201x?
  • Options
    Its the pitch that really drives me up the wall.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Its the pitch that really drives me up the wall.

We should still go back !

• Options
    Bring back the peanut man.
  • Options
    I'm only going to the new stadium if NLA goes.
  • Options
    Bring back the half time scores placed on boards on all 4 parts of the ground...that was classic...
  • Options
    jdsd42 said:

Bring back the half time scores placed on boards on all 4 parts of the ground...that was classic...

Those who remember these couldn't see that far now.
  • Options
    masicat said:

jdsd42 said:

Those who remember these couldn't see that far now.
    Only with my glasses.
  • Options
    Could we keep the cheerleaders if we return to The Valley?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    did they used to have a military regimental band on the pitch in the old days? or am I imagining it?
  • Options
    but Messi loves playing at The New Valley sponsored by AEG, not sure how he'd cope with the potholes back in SE7
  • Options
    my padded seat has got a rip in it.

also the travelator which takes me to my seat is frequently littered with discarded £5 notes.

and our away support is still not what it should be in comparison to our home numbers in percentage terms.
  • Options
    Cant believe that Leyton Orient knocked us out on pens in the Champs League semi final again. They would of never got there with Hearn still in charge!!
  • Options

Bring back the peanut man.

no, he'll smell horrible.

• Options
    Lord Powell says no!
  • Options
    Now that Blackheath Rugby Club own the Valley and are playing Aviva Premiership and Heiniken Cup games there I don't think we could move back.

They knocked down the Jimmy South stand for flats and to extend the pitch so 24k just isn't enough capacity.
  • Options
    Tsk, Lord Powell is is former title before being made regent
  • Options
    Despite years of constant success we still haven't beaten Millwall since the 1930s. That 7-0 defeat in last year's FA Cup was just so humiliating. How on earth could we lose at home to an Isthmian League team? I've refused to attend home games since. If we can get back to the Valley maybe our luck will change.
  • Options
    I will go back to the valley as long as they honour their promise of a 50,000 capacity safe standing area on the east wing.