Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Have you been paid today?

Comments

• Options

well my mate says he wernt

I haven't got any mates :-(

• Options
    blame the gnome
  • Options
    Ha
  • Options

blame the gnome

Is it the beard?
  • Options
    all gnomes should have a fishing rod, the beard is off but the lack of rod is the issue
  • Options
    Redskin said:

People getting excited about the board being on the verge of something thatcould be fantastic for the club and its future.

Cue Airman Brown ...

Only it wasn't Airman Brown who started this thread and he hasn't commented on this thread
  • Options
    Maybe the gnome doesn't like fishing
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    all gnomes like fishing or else they are just elfs
  • Options
    I am just concerned NLA will only be my friend if I show him my rod
  • Options
    pmsfl

I will only be your friend if you keep your rod to you and your gnome
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thats a deal then
  • Options
    right pint this evening then
  • Options

Redskin said:

People getting excited about the board being on the verge of something thatcould be fantastic for the club and its future.

Cue Airman Brown ...

Only it wasn't Airman Brown who started this thread and he hasn't commented on this thread
    No, but he brought it up on the takeover thread.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

Redskin said:

Cue Airman Brown ...

He did. Lots of people brought up lots of things on the takeover thread some of which were even related to a possible takeover.
  • Options

Redskin said:

Redskin said:

Cue Airman Brown ...

He did. Lots of people brought up lots of things on the takeover thread some of which were even related to a possible takeover.
    and only after this one was opened.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

Redskin said:

Cue Airman Brown ...

And quite rightly so IMO. People are entitled to the money that they have worked for. It's not a handout, there are bills to be paid, kids to be fed and with Christmas coming, it's deeply worrying for loyal CAFC staff. This is not about what YOU may or may not think about Airman Brown, it's about what is right and wrong and this is undoubtedly wrong.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Staff were paid by CHAPS during today. That is not "as usual". They have been paid overnight through a transfer set up days in advance for years. Staff as a whole were given no warning of the delay - although management and especially David Joyes must have known the situation yesterday and before - and this caused some panic, especially in the prevailing atmosphere.
  • Options

Staff were paid by CHAPS during today. That is not "as usual". They have been paid overnight through a transfer set up days in advance for years. Staff as a whole were given no warning of the delay - although management and especially David Joyes must have known the situation yesterday and before - and this caused some panic, especially in the prevailing atmosphere.

Fair enough.

So.....gnomes....fishing rod or no fishing rod?
  • Options
    fishing rod
  • Options
    So they''ve been paid - good.

Yet another panic over...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    wasn't really any panic though redskin was there just information that people hadn't been paid in the way they always had
  • Options
    I know,NLA, but you know what I mean...
  • Options
    Relief all round then?
  • Options
    I got paid a few hours early this month. Outraged.
  • Options
    I didn't get paid enough. Just like every month.
  • Options
    I got paid at 12:01. Working again tonight, the pub is calling me
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    The late paying perhaps suggests that the board were hoping that the takeover would have gone through.

If money was available to pay, why pay it late, and by a different method to usual. No obvious reason.
  • Options
    I think its just a clerical or electronic mix up myself
  • Options
    bit of a suprise then, got paid as usual end of month.
  • Options
    Staff being paid by CHAPS suggests cock-up with payroll or scheduled bank transfer process (eg forgetting that the 30th is a Saturday, so the payment needs to go out on the 29th) rather than a cashflow problem. It's not a cheap mistake either, as last time I looked at doing this it cost 25 quid each, as well as being very time consuming to do.