Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Burglaries

Comments

• When i got done a few years back the old bill said best detterent is a dog rather than an alarm . The thing is we did have a dog at the time but he was out that day
  • I'm not sure who takes any notice of alarms any more, often hear them going off in New Eltham, but nobody seems to care.

I've just been playing with some wireless IP cameras in the house. £30 each on Fleabay. The motion detection can shoot an image to you on email, up to a website or onto an SD card, and I can even control the pan and tilt from my mobile or ipad while I'm at work, or remote pc on the same network. At least it gives you a chance of getting a mugshot, providing there's no masks of course.

That sounds quality. Might have to look into getting something like that. Would shit you up though watching someone walk through your house.
  • Just make it more difficult if they want to get in they will.
    when we got done i had an alarm fitted and reviewed all the locks re garage, side entrance windows etc.
  • The problem is with the courts and their lenience. A mandatory minimum of five years in prison for anyone found guilty of burglary, first offence or not, would act as a serious deterrent to these uncaring, unwashed, probably illiterate toe rags who choose to break into the houses of hard working folk and steal property which may be treasured and have taken a long time to work & pay for

If locking them up was the answer it would have been done and dusted by now. Although I do like the idea of putting crimnals away for a long time from me and my family.
    Trouble with the criminal is;
    1. They dont care if their caught.
    2. They think they're smarter than the law.

• Why can't we get them on the Valley pitch at half time in stocks so we can throw stuff at them, charge people a fiver a throw and hey presto funds towards a new striker , everyone's a winner... might delay the 2nd half kicking off though.
  • Scum the lot of em no excuses, hope they die a quick very painful death and their families suffer too.
    Should be chained to railings and beaten to death if caught.
  • Scum the lot of em no excuses, hope they die a quick very painful death and their families suffer too.
    Should be chained to railings and beaten to death if caught.

Maybe slightly harsh but hard to disagree with!

• I'm not sure who takes any notice of alarms any more, often hear them going off in New Eltham, but nobody seems to care.

I've just been playing with some wireless IP cameras in the house. £30 each on Fleabay. The motion detection can shoot an image to you on email, up to a website or onto an SD card, and I can even control the pan and tilt from my mobile or ipad while I'm at work, or remote pc on the same network. At least it gives you a chance of getting a mugshot, providing there's no masks of course.

That sounds quality. Might have to look into getting something like that. Would shit you up though watching someone walk through your house.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161039118503?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_2810wt_3006

Infrared too, up to 10m.
  • Sorry but I do disagree, it should be a very SLOW painful death, followed by them waking up after the coffin has been buried.
  • It's a well known fact that in times of recession and financial insecurities crime,especially burglaries,increase.
    As does the suicide rate. Be careful out there.

It's a well know theory which has been comprehensively disproved by the recent recession in which crime, especially property crime, continue the downward trend of the last 30 years in almost all countries (including the UK).

• Sponsored links:

• Granpa said:

Sorry but I do disagree, it should be a very SLOW painful death, followed by them waking up after the coffin has been buried.

Are you proposing vampirism as a punishment?

• No, I'm very easy going, so a painful death plus buried alive will be sufficient thank you.
  • Granpa said:

Sorry but I do disagree, it should be a very SLOW painful death, followed by them waking up after the coffin has been buried.

Well I did think that at first but why heap any more cost to taxpayers
  • We could get the Romanians to do it for cash !

Do invest in a couple of IP cams. Apparently, they can be blocked, but your average run of the mill burglar wouldn't know how.

I've only set up the 1 so far (brought 2) which sits behind the kitchen window looking out to the drive and front door.

I Have much fun at work, when it's the wifes day off, turning the cam round and shouting at her when she walks by. Scare's the hell out of her!

As well as being able to control them from a PC or smart phone, over the web, on some models you can talk to someone at the other end, and hear them too..

(hopefully I wont see anything I shouldn't when playing 'scare the Mrs') :(
  • the best thing to have by your bed is a can of lynx deodorant and a lighter , then have the bat a bit further in the house, once you have blinded them, then beat them with the bat,

imagine the burglars face as your home made flame thrower takes the cnuts face off
  • edited December 2013

the best thing to have by your bed is a can of lynx deodorant and a lighter ,

Don't need a lighter, Lynx burns the fook anyway.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161039118503?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_2810wt_3006

Infrared too, up to 10m.
    If used indoors, pointing out of a window, the infrared lights do reflect back, so you can't see much.
    That's the only downside I've found, so far.
    Apart from that, it's a fantastic piece of kit and I suppose you could stick something over the top of the lights if you want to see through a window in the dark (got to have a security light outside for it to work, I guess)
    or just turn the cam round at night, so it's covering the inside of your house...
  • I've got four Cams watching my property, I've also got a dog, and a Alarm system.
    You have got to put up as much deterrents and make it hard as possible for them to get in.

Them Euro locks on pvs doors are a joke too - google it and see.
  • Whippets are quick, but are they much of a deterrent?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2013
    photo image-1.jpg

Big nev does the job
  • This is England not South Africa!
    Frightening me you lot..
  • I've got four Cams watching my property, I've also got a dog, and a Alarm system.
    You have got to put up as much deterrents and make it hard as possible for them to get in.

Them Euro locks on pvs doors are a joke too - google it and see.

I changed all my euro locks to "anti snap" and ensured the new ones I put in did not stick out, easy enough to do and a good one worked out about £20.00
  • edited December 2013

I'm not sure who takes any notice of alarms any more, often hear them going off in New Eltham, but nobody seems to care.

Infrared too, up to 10m.
    If used indoors, pointing out of a window, the infrared lights do reflect back, so you can't see much.
    That's the only downside I've found, so far.
    Apart from that, it's a fantastic piece of kit and I suppose you could stick something over the top of the lights if you want to see through a window in the dark (got to have a security light outside for it to work, I guess)
    or just turn the cam round at night, so it's covering the inside of your house...
    Yes, I found that pointing them out of the window isn't too clever too :-).
    Mine have a speaker jack and bult in mic, and they work well. It would probably scare the shit out of any burglar if you suddenly started bellowing down the link. Mind you, I'm not sure I'd do that from a crowded train.

Not bad for under £30.

Edit.. I did also enjoy the chinese/english instructions, especially some of the responses on the phone and PC, when you don't get things quite right. Hilarious!
  • Curb_It said:

This is England not South Africa!
    Frightening me you lot..

From what I have heard it would take a brave man or men to break into your place. :-)
  • B its burglary time of Year, Bridey had someone call her and say they were the bank and that someone was trying to use her cards, they then pretended to transfer her to OB and they asked her to confirm her pin number to them,

they then said yes that is the number and that they are sending a taxi to her to collect the cards,

she realised something was not right and phoned my mum, my mum told her not to open the door and give anyone anything , when her and my brother got there a cab driver was there knocking and when he was told to feck off he wanted paying for the journey

these scum need really hurting and in some cases taking out totally
  • Of course they are!! and with my flat cap on they would s*it themselves ;)
  • Curb_It said:

This is England not South Africa!
    Frightening me you lot..

From what I have heard it would take a brave man or men to break into your place. :-)
    Most of us have got a key mate
  • They should be made to play up front for us on their own.

Do invest in a couple of IP cams. Apparently, they can be blocked, but your average run of the mill burglar wouldn't know how.

I've only set up the 1 so far (brought 2) which sits behind the kitchen window looking out to the drive and front door.

I Have much fun at work, when it's the wifes day off, turning the cam round and shouting at her when she walks by. Scare's the hell out of her!

As well as being able to control them from a PC or smart phone, over the web, on some models you can talk to someone at the other end, and hear them too..

(hopefully I wont see anything I shouldn't when playing 'scare the Mrs') :(
    Would't you just need to unplug them, or cut off the wi-fi?