Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brentford get new 20k stadium go ahead

2»

Comments

• Options
    He made his money from gambling on football.

Would be ironic if he lost it that way too.
  • Options

He made his money from gambling on football.

Would be ironic if he lost it that way too.

Well he's clearly going to lose a lot of it - all football Chairmen do, especially those that are also fans!
  • Options

New stadium move until end of delayed until end of next season.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45333562
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    only 20k ? .. wise move .. London is a bit 'overclubbed' and the Bees are up against Fulham and Chelsea just along the Thames .. if it's a 'lego' design they can always add a few tiers if they ever make it 'big' in the prem .. IF IF it ever gets built !
  • Options

only 20k ? .. wise move .. London is a bit 'overclubbed' and the Bees are up against Fulham and Chelsea just along the Thames .. if it's a 'lego' design they can always add a few tiers if they ever make it 'big' in the prem

By getting to the prem, do you need a big ground? The TV money along should do. If they do, and they sell out every game, the only thing that will happen is that ticket prices will rise with demand.
  • Options

only 20k ? .. wise move .. London is a bit 'overclubbed' and the Bees are up against Fulham and Chelsea just along the Thames .. if it's a 'lego' design they can always add a few tiers if they ever make it 'big' in the prem .. IF IF it ever gets built !

The capacity will now only be 17300. Expansion will be hard, the site is very constricted and surrounded by new flats

• Options

only 20k ? .. wise move .. London is a bit 'overclubbed' and the Bees are up against Fulham and Chelsea just along the Thames .. if it's a 'lego' design they can always add a few tiers if they ever make it 'big' in the prem

By getting to the prem, do you need a big ground? The TV money along should do. If they do, and they sell out every game, the only thing that will happen is that ticket prices will rise with demand.
    well .. say 10,000 more at £40 per home game (low prem prices) = 10,000x40x19 = £7,600,000 + add-ons (catering/programmes etc.) per season .. not to be sneezed at ..

but if what @killerandflash writes is so, it's a moot point anyway
  • Options

well .. say 10,000 more at £40 per home game (low prem prices) = 10,000x40x19 = £7,600,000 + add-ons (catering/programmes etc.) per season .. not to be sneezed at ..

The average ticket price will be a lot less, when you factor in season tickets, kids and freebies. Still not to be sneezed at, but probably more like £5mill revenue plus add ons.
  • Options
    Their owner has serious ambitions ? 20k in the PL will seriously impair their ability to compete. I know recent revelations regarding profitability and tickets showed that a lot of PL clubs could roll in a return without tickets but 20k looks too small for any PL club long term.
  • Options

Their owner has serious ambitions ? 20k in the PL will seriously impair their ability to compete. I know recent revelations regarding profitability and tickets showed that a lot of PL clubs could roll in a return without tickets but 20k looks too small for any PL club long term.

Bournemouth seem to be doing ok in the PL with a tiny ground, in the PL TV money is so great anyway that bums on seats are less important.

And 3000 of the Brentford seats will be premium ones. Easy to sell in the PL
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pedro45 said:

The average ticket price will be a lot less, when you factor in season tickets, kids and freebies. Still not to be sneezed at, but probably more like £5mill revenue plus add ons.
    How much would the extra seats cost to put in? Would there be a reduction in capacity whilst the extra seats were being installed? Perhaps they would be happy with selling out 20K every other week.

You only have to look at us and the double tier for the east stand.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Oh for some ambition, something to look forward to other than that Belgian coffin dodger dropping off the perch and plummeting to the bottom covered in bird shit and old Trill...

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1038181&page=5

• Options
    Railway lines on all three sides to the site, surely a dream venue for us?
  • Options
    I know... an Addicks wet dream right?

This is a great drone fly through of the construction. Christ I'm a nerd, Charlton, trains and construction websites!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JjfXuc6oh9k
  • Options
    That area dont look anywhere near big enough to put a Stadium!!
  • Options

I drove past the other day and thought exactly the same thing.
  • Options
    They've done a deal with London Irish who will play their home games in the stadium.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

They keep showing signs for the East, West & South Stands, we can all work out where the North should go but why isn't it shown on the video. Surely it's not going to be a three sider ? No that's silly but it does seem an extremely small space. There's train lines that seem very close on two sides ? I'm sure that they know what they're doing & I'm sure that they have a COO who's very involved in the project .......... oh hold on ????
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Were they actually thinking until two days ago.. "Yeah, we can make it on time!"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2018
    The new capacity is going to be 17,500. That would rank 19th in the PL. In other words, they really would be a yo-yo club at best with such low stadium revenue and more likely, a stalwart Championship Club.
  • Options

The bigger question is parking. Not all fans walk or get public transport to games. Parking in London is a nitemare already - just wonder where fans who drive are going to park....and all the new residents of the flats which are being built to help subsidise it.
  • Options

The bigger question is parking. Not all fans walk or get public transport to games. Parking in London is a nitemare already - just wonder where fans who drive are going to park....and all the new residents of the flats which are being built to help subsidise it.
    I'd guess that they have that issue already though seeing that Griffin Park isnt really in a easy area for that

Someone might be able to correct me though on that as I've only ever gotten the train to Brentford
  • Options

I'd guess that they have that issue already though seeing that Griffin Park isnt really in a easy area for that

Someone might be able to correct me though on that as I've only ever gotten the train to Brentford
    I drove once, didn't have an issue with parking. Got closer than i have at The Valley.