Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

World Cup Draw

Comments

• Options
    already released a pic of the England team hotel

• Options
    all this negativity .. what is wrong with the people in this country .. listening to the radio .. oohhh we cant do this.. cant do that .. f f s ... have we lost our collective pride, confidence and balls??? ..
  • Options

Looking at it another way, at least Group C isn't the strongest so if we get out of the group we have a chance in the last 16.

June 14th, 2AM - England vs Italy - Manaus
    June 19th, 8PM - England vs Uruguay - Sao Paulo
    June 24th, 5PM - England vs Costa Rica - Belo Horizonte

The English football fans .. such a defeatist, pessimistic lot ... what's the problem ? .. an aging Italy only beat us on pens last time out, and if we can't beat the Coffee Boys from CR and Uruguay, population about the same as south London, we don't deserve to win f*** all .. COME ON ENGLAND !!!!!!
    What Balotelli, El Sharaawy, Montolivo, Marchisio, Pirlo, De Rossi, Verratti, Abate, Criscito, Chiellini, Bonnucci, Sirigu, Buffon...
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    dizzee said:

Looking at it another way, at least Group C isn't the strongest so if we get out of the group we have a chance in the last 16.

June 14th, 2AM - England vs Italy - Manaus
    June 19th, 8PM - England vs Uruguay - Sao Paulo
    June 24th, 5PM - England vs Costa Rica - Belo Horizonte

The English football fans .. such a defeatist, pessimistic lot ... what's the problem ? .. an aging Italy only beat us on pens last time out, and if we can't beat the Coffee Boys from CR and Uruguay, population about the same as south London, we don't deserve to win f*** all .. COME ON ENGLAND !!!!!!
    What Balotelli, El Sharaawy, Montolivo, Marchisio, Pirlo, De Rossi, Verratti, Abate, Criscito, Chiellini, Bonnucci, Sirigu, Buffon...
    f**k em ((:>) .. they sound like a bunch of dodgy waiters
  • Options
    Pirlo's shit.
  • Options

Italy are notoriously slow starters, trouble is we aren't much better in that department.

Agreed, that is our only chance
  • Options
    Need to get a draw in the first game against Italy (let's be honest, we won't beat them), draw or beat Uruguay and best Costa Rica. What a nightmare group.
  • Options
    Prediction:

1. Urugay
    2. England
    3. Italy
    4. Costa Rica
  • Options
    C'MON ENGLAND!

Bollocks to the naysayers!
  • Options
    Two draws against Italy and Uruguay (which is more than achievable) sets us up nicely against Costa Rica.

Think we will be up for it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't see us beating Uruguay in South America. We need three points against Costa Rica and something against Italy.
  • Options
    Maybe with no pressure or expectations we'll see a team playing with more freedom?

Could have done without the first game location but same for Italy....

Of the favourites Spain and Germany have tricky groups I feel.

Easy for France on paper but just never know which French team are going to turn up!

Brazil v Spain/Netherlands/Chile is a tasty 2nd round game.
  • Options
    Spain have a tough draw as well..Netherlands, Chile and Australia.

Italy will think they have a hard draw as well which means that the top European side pretty much all have difficult groups.

more inclined to worry about the humidity in our first game rather than the oppo.
  • Options
    With teams like Uruguay, if they go for it they can probably demolish anyone - but sometimes they go negative and it becomes a war of attrition.

Costa Rica (pardon the pun) have banana skin written all over them.
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

C'MON ENGLAND!

Bollocks to the naysayers!

this, this and this
  • Options
    Don't write off Costa Rica.
    We face 3 teams who should handle the heat better.
  • Options
    Of course we'll get through the group....how else will we get to the Quarters to go out on penalties? :-)
  • Options
    Tough draw on the face of it, but the plus side is we avoided Spain, Brazil, Germany and Argentina.

And better to play Uruguay in the cooler conditions of São Paulo than in the north.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    The last warm up game we play is in semi tropical Miami .. good advise suggests that the team fly straight to Manaus from Miami .. evidently easier than going via Rio D J .. as there will be less time needed to acclimatise .. one piece of good news .. The mayor of Manaus has got the hump and has stated that England will not be welcome because evidently Uncle Roy said that his wonderful ville is the last place we want to play due to the heat .. Mr Mayor, Your Honour .. go f**k yourself
  • Options
    could the fa not have waited till the draw before booking which hotel the team would be based?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Rio still makes sense as a base. Not point moving into the Amazon when our other two group games are in the south of the country (as well as our knock-out matches, if we get that far...)

Rio to Manaus is a 4 hour flight or 46 hour drive.
    Rio to Sao Paulo and Belo Horizonte are 5 hour drives or 1 hour flights.
  • Options

could the fa not have waited till the draw before booking which hotel the team would be based?

Rio was the best choice, as, most/every team will play games all over the vast territory which is Brazil
  • Options
    fair enough.
  • Options
    I find this 'no expectation' stuff quite baffling. Its all well and good saying now that people don't have much hope for England, and therefore it is less pressure - but if we do struggle to get past the second round or Q/F, does anyone really think they won't get abused for weeks on end about it?

It will take an England team to get to a Semi Final for them to be considering a success by your average Joe Bloggs football fan.

If they get to the Q/F, it would be a great achievement. But yet again it would be the same old "England letting us down at the QF yet again!" droning.
  • Options

Terribly unfair system. Lucky to have avoided the bigger South American guns I suppose. U R GAY are not good.

Hernandez,Suarez,Cavani and Forlan against Townsend,Rooney,Sturridge and Welbeck I know who I would rather have
    Hernandez is Mexican, unless you mean the Serie B player for Palermo.
    Of course I mean him and he has scored 7 Goals in the 11 international matches he has played, He may play in Serie B but he is far to good for that 8 goals in 10 league games to this season
    Was just checking! All great players but not really sure how Uruguay can start all their strikers together.
    4-2-3-1 With Forlan upfront and the other 3 behind him Cavani right Hernandez left and Suarez down the middle
    We get the idea, you want England to lose. Now can those of us who would like to see England do well have a natter about it? :-)
  • Options
    Roy might want to watch this in preparation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or9PRSuqHfY
  • Options
    Talk elsewhere on the net that FIFA might switch the kick-off time/location of our match v Italy and Uruguay v Costa Rica which is earlier in the day as happened in 2002 to suit all 4 countries..

The Sweden v England game in 2002 was move back to an evening kick-off swapping with Argentina v Nigeria.
  • Options

Terribly unfair system. Lucky to have avoided the bigger South American guns I suppose. U R GAY are not good.

Hernandez,Suarez,Cavani and Forlan against Townsend,Rooney,Sturridge and Welbeck I know who I would rather have
    Of course I mean him and he has scored 7 Goals in the 11 international matches he has played, He may play in Serie B but he is far to good for that 8 goals in 10 league games to this season
    Was just checking! All great players but not really sure how Uruguay can start all their strikers together.
    4-2-3-1 With Forlan upfront and the other 3 behind him Cavani right Hernandez left and Suarez down the middle
    We get the idea, you want England to lose. Now can those of us who would like to see England do well have a natter about it? :-)
    I am one of the most Patriotic people you would meet, All my point was Uruguay and Italy are going to be very very tough I would love us to get through but just cant see it.
  • Options

We get the idea, want England to lose. Now can those of us who would like to see England do well have a natter about it? :-)
    That's me and you @Algarveaddick, Lincs and possibly @cafctom
  • Options
    Can imagine the time being switched but the location might be a bit harsh on Uruguay and CR?