Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

World Cup Draw

Comments

• Options

Can imagine the time being switched but the location might be a bit harsh on Uruguay and CR?

Baring in mind we're playing in 99% humidity for our first game, another 1% and we're under water ffs!
  • Options
    We will beat Italy 1-0, lose to You Are Gay 1-2 and beat Costa Rica 1-0
  • Options
    edited December 2013

Can imagine the time being switched but the location might be a bit harsh on Uruguay and CR?

Probably but the suggestion was they'd be more used to the heat and humid conditions.

I suppose FIFA have enough trouble ensuring all the grounds and infrastructure are ready without moving games around probably causing all sorts of fuss.

• Options
    Nicholas said:

It's Uruguay
    Unless you want us to call England, In Glans Dand?
    Hysterical

• Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Terribly unfair system. Lucky to have avoided the bigger South American guns I suppose. U R GAY are not good.

Hernandez,Suarez,Cavani and Forlan against Townsend,Rooney,Sturridge and Welbeck I know who I would rather have
    Hernandez is Mexican, unless you mean the Serie B player for Palermo.
    Of course I mean him and he has scored 7 Goals in the 11 international matches he has played, He may play in Serie B but he is far to good for that 8 goals in 10 league games to this season
    Was just checking! All great players but not really sure how Uruguay can start all their strikers together.
    4-2-3-1 With Forlan upfront and the other 3 behind him Cavani right Hernandez left and Suarez down the middle
    We get the idea, want England to lose. Now can those of us who would like to see England do well have a natter about it? :-)
    That's me and you @Algarveaddick, Lincs and possibly @cafctom
    Oi and me
  • Options
    Soz Gaz, you too pal
  • Options

BIG_ROB said:

Terribly unfair system. Lucky to have avoided the bigger South American guns I suppose. U R GAY are not good.

Hernandez,Suarez,Cavani and Forlan against Townsend,Rooney,Sturridge and Welbeck I know who I would rather have
    Of course I mean him and he has scored 7 Goals in the 11 international matches he has played, He may play in Serie B but he is far to good for that 8 goals in 10 league games to this season
    Was just checking! All great players but not really sure how Uruguay can start all their strikers together.
    4-2-3-1 With Forlan upfront and the other 3 behind him Cavani right Hernandez left and Suarez down the middle
    We get the idea, want England to lose. Now can those of us who would like to see England do well have a natter about it? :-)
    Oi and me
    I'm in.
  • Options

BIG_ROB said:

Oi and me
    we should form the Addick Positive club .. it's alright folks .. it's not catching ((:>)
  • Options
    Group D - You R Gay, slimy spaghetti munchers, In Glans Dand and costa coffee.
  • Options

Group D - You R Gay, slimy spaghetti munchers, In Glans Dand and costa coffee.

Now you're talking.
    Much more like the moronic Millwall site now.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Oakster said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!11

2AM KICK OFF!

DAMN YOU GEOFF!

7pm my time - lovely :)
    Damn you oakster!
    Ha! payback time for all these 8am Saturday morning Kick Offs
  • Options
    A draw that has the potential to deliver some terrific matches. Brazil won't be happy. Their Group is OK, but they're likely to play Spain or Holland in Round 2 and then England, Italy or Uruguay in the Quarters. If they win it, it'll have to be the hard way.

Spain and Holland will be keen to win their Group to avoid Brazil, so their match could be a classic rather than the more meaningless draw typical of Group stage matches. They'll also be looking at a QF against England, Italy or Uruguay.

The bottom half of the draw looks less difficult overall and Argentina appear to have been the luckiest of the favourites, but they could face a QF against Belgium, Germany or France, amongst others.

Germany have it really tough. Their Group is the classic Group of Death, then they are likely to face Belgium or Russia, followed, perhaps, by France or even Argentina.

England may not fancy Manaus, but it could be worse. A QF place looks achievable and that could be an absolute classic against Brazil, Holland or Spain.

Wow!! Can't wait.
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

C'MON ENGLAND!

Bollocks to the naysayers!

We'll said that man
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    BIG_ROB said:

C'MON ENGLAND!

Bollocks to the naysayers realists!

Fixed

• Options
    edited December 2013

The last warm up game we play is in semi tropical Miami .. good advise suggests that the team fly straight to Manaus from Miami .. evidently easier than going via Rio D J .. as there will be less time needed to acclimatise .. one piece of good news .. The mayor of Manaus has got the hump and has stated that England will not be welcome because evidently Uncle Roy said that his wonderful ville is the last place we want to play due to the heat .. Mr Mayor, Your Honour .. go f**k yourself

indeed Callum
  • Options
    Manaus is an absolutely fantastic place.
    If you want to complain that football is played there, then you have a very blinkered view of the 'world' game.

Should it really only be played in temperate climates?
  • Options
    You are gay awaits
  • Options
    BGSAddick said:

You are gay awaits

In-yer-Glands

• Options

BIG_ROB said:

Oi and me
    Me too!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The more I think about it this doesn't seem like that bad a draw. Ok Uruguay will be tough but I don't think Italy are any great shakes and Manaus will be hot for them too. And it's the evening kick off so it shouldn't be as bad as some teams will have to suffer. And Costa Rica must be beatable surely!! Also because it seems hard it won't be taken too lightly. Expectation will. be reasonable. Sorry to be optimistic on a charlton life thread. I'll get my coat.

PS. What's the odds on Suarez being injured in training in the last week of the season,,,,,?
  • Options

The more I think about it this doesn't seem like that bad a draw. Ok Uruguay will be tough but I don't think Italy are any great shakes and Manaus will be hot for them too. And it's the evening kick off so it shouldn't be as bad as some teams will have to suffer. And Costa Rica must be beatable surely!! Also because it seems hard it won't be taken too lightly. Expectation will. be reasonable. Sorry to be optimistic on a charlton life thread. I'll get my coat.

PS. What's the odds on Suarez being injured in training in the last week of the season,,,,,?

I agree, not as bad as I first thought ...will be an interesting group
  • Options

Nicholas said:

It's Uruguay
    Unless you want us to call England, In Glans Dand?
    Hysterical

You have a magical comic touch
  • Options
    Group Stage Games
    The 2014 World Cup will kick off on Thursday the 12th June in Sau Paulo. Below is a complete list of all the fixtures in the 2014 World Cup. We will add the teams as soon as they are confirmed, with the draw for the finals taking place on Friday 6th December 2013.

*Times are local at present.

2014 World Cup Group A Fixtures
    Date Time TV Fixture Venue
    12 Jun 17:00 TBC Brazil v Croatia Sao Paulo
    13 Jun 13:00 TBC Mexico v Cameroon Natal
    17 Jun 16:00 TBC Brazil v Mexico Fortaleza
    18 Jun 15:00 TBC Cameroon v Croatia Manaus
    23 Jun 17:00 TBC Cameroon v Brazil Brasilia
    23 Jun 17:00 TBC Croatia v Mexico Recife
    Group A Betting.

2014 World Cup Group B Fixtures
    13 Jun 16:00 TBC Spain v Netherlands Salvador
    13 Jun 18:00 TBC Chile v Australia Cuiaba
    18 Jun 13:00 TBC Australia v Netherlands Port Alegre
    18 Jun 19:00 TBC Spain v Chile Rio de Janeiro
    23 Jun 13:00 TBC Australia v Spain Curitiba
    23 Jun 13:00 TBC Netherlands v Chile Sao Paulo
    Group B Betting.

2014 World Cup Group C Fixtures
    14 Jun 13:00 TBC Colombia v Greece Belo Horizonte
    14 Jun 19:00 TBC Ivory Coast v Japan Recife
    19 Jun 13:00 TBC Colombia v Ivory Coast Brasilia
    19 Jun 19:00 TBC Japan v Greece Natal
    24 Jun 16:00 TBC Japan v Colombia Cuiaba
    24 Jun 17:00 TBC Greece v Ivory Coast Fortaleza
    Group C Betting.

2014 World Cup Group D Fixtures
    14 Jun 16:00 TBC Uruguay v Costa Rica Fortaleza
    14 Jun 21:00 TBC England v Italy Manaus
    19 Jun 16:00 TBC Uruguay v England Sao Paulo
    20 Jun 13:00 TBC Italy v Costa Rica Recife
    24 Jun 13:00 TBC Costa Rica v England Belo Horizonte
    24 Jun 13:00 TBC Italy v Uruguay Natal
    Group D Betting.

2014 World Cup Group E Fixtures
    15 Jun 13:00 TBC Switzerland v Ecuador Brasilia
    15 Jun 16:00 TBC France v Honduras Port Alegre
    20 Jun 16:00 TBC Switzerland v France Salvador
    20 Jun 19:00 TBC Honduras v Ecuador Curitiba
    25 Jun 16:00 TBC Honduras v Switzerland Manaus
    25 Jun 17:00 TBC Ecuador v France Rio de Janeiro
    Group E Betting.

2014 World Cup Group F Fixtures
    15 Jun 19:00 TBC Argentina v Bosnia and Herzegovina Rio de Janeiro
    16 Jun 16:00 TBC Iran v Nigeria Curitiba
    21 Jun 13:00 TBC Argentina v Iran Belo Horizonte
    21 Jun 18:00 TBC Nigeria v Bosnia and Herzegovina Cuiaba
    25 Jun 13:00 TBC Bosnia and Herzegovina v Iran Salvador
    25 Jun 13:00 TBC Nigeria v Argentina Port Alegre
    Group F Betting.

2014 World Cup Group G Fixtures
    16 Jun 13:00 TBC Germany v Portugal Salvador
    16 Jun 19:00 TBC Ghana v United States Natal
    21 Jun 16:00 TBC Germany v Ghana Fortaleza
    22 Jun 15:00 TBC United States v Portugal Manaus
    26 Jun 13:00 TBC Portugal v Ghana Brasilia
    26 Jun 13:00 TBC United States v Germany Recife
    Group G Betting.

2014 World Cup Group H Fixtures
    17 Jun 13:00 TBC Belgium v Algeria Belo Horizonte
    17 Jun 18:00 TBC Russia v South Korea Cuiaba
    22 Jun 13:00 TBC South Korea v Algeria Port Alegre
    22 Jun 19:00 TBC Belgium v Russia Rio de Janeiro
    26 Jun 17:00 TBC Algeria v Russia Curitiba
    26 Jun 17:00 TBC South Korea v Belgium Sao Paulo
    Group H Betting.

2014 World Cup 2nd Round Fixtures
    Date Time TV Match Preview & Odds Venue
    28th June 13.00 TBC - Belo Horizonte
    28th June 17.00 TBC - Rio de Janeiro
    29th June 13.00 TBC - Fortaleza
    29th June 17.00 TBC - Recife
    30th June 13.00 TBC - Brasilia
    30th June 17.00 TBC - Porto Alegre
    1st July 13.00 TBC - Sao Paulo
    1st July 17.00 TBC - Salvador
  • Options
    If we get through we will play either winner or second in group c in the round of 16
    and first or second in groups a or b in the quarters
  • Options
    GOOD DRAW, BAD DRAW
    Before the draw, the bookies had classified the odds, with England 9th favourite.
    Using this table (position, not odds), total points of draw show England on 47 points, just below - or rather above - the average of 49,5 points.
    In other words, England have had A SLIGHTLY UNFAVOURABLE DRAW. Here's the full table:

1 Brazil 59
    2 Germany 53
    3 Argentina 78
    4 Spain 46
    5 Belgium 69
    6 Holland 44
    7 Italy 49
    8 Columbia 60
    9 England 47
    10 Uruguay 46
    11 France 74
    12 Portugal 43
    13 Chile 37
    14 Russia 60
    15 Croatia 45
    16 Mexico 44
    17 Ivory Coast 51
    18 Switzerland 66
    19 Japan 49
    20 Ghana 35
    21 USA 34
    22 Bosnia 59
    23 Equador 61
    24 Greece 44
    25 Nigeria 56
    26 South Korea 48
    27 Australia 23
    28 Cameroon 32
    29 Algeria 45
    30 Costa Rica 26
    31 Iran 50
    32 Honduras 52

I usually write gibberish, hope I'm understood this time.
  • Options
    Some great opening fixtures there
  • Options
    I'm glad we have one of the hardest groups, if we want to be the best we have to beat the best all the way through. Its so boring when some of the top teams don't get anyone decent till the semis.
  • Options
    @adrian what do you mean by total points of draw??? What's the 47 points?
  • Options

@adrian what do you mean by total points of draw??? What's the 47 points?

Uruguay was 10th favourite, Italy 7th and Costa Rica 30th. 10 + 7 + 30 = 47