Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So Jack Whitehall Wins King/Queen Of Comedy

edited December 2013 in Not Sports Related
Jack Whitehall tonight won the King of Comedy for the 2nd year in a row
the other nominees were
Sarah Millican, David Mitchell, Alan Carr, Graham Norton and Lee Mack
My choice would of been Lee Mack

Comments

• Options
    I think Steve Davis is funnier than all of those.
  • Options
    No bobby ball?
  • Options
    Vegas stole the show at the awards though, completely hijacked the event.

None of those comedians are amazing, though can't really say there's many good comedians around at the moment in the public eye.

Though my vote would be for Mitchell because I quite like Peep Show.
  • Options
    Comedy actor or comedian? There surely is a difference? Some can do both but some can only do one and Lee Evans can do neither.
  • Options
    Alan Carr, Jack Whitehall, Graham Norton, Mickey Flanagan all very funny
  • Options
    Have you seen that Met Police poster saying if you know of anyone earning money by illegal means then call them. Well I called about Micky "not funny" Flanagan and said he was obviously earning dishonestly whilst imitating a comedian.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    So come on then Riviera, who is funny?
  • Options
    Steve Coogan, Jerry Seinfeld, Sean Lock, me......
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Alan Carr, Jack Whitehall, Graham Norton, Mickey Flanagan all very funny

Would agree with that - apart form the first three.

• Options
    The Paul Whitehouse sign language acceptance speech had me in stitches . How Miranda Hart continues to win awards amazes me . Just not funny .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Sean Lock is a personal favourite. Flanagan is great as well, livened up the One Show the other day.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Have you seen that Met Police poster saying if you know of anyone earning money by illegal means then call them. Well I called about Micky "not funny" Flanagan and said he was obviously earning dishonestly whilst imitating a comedian.

Did he not invite you out out?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Sarah Millican is like an unfunny Victoria Wood. Which is saying something.

Still not as bad as that other tall bird freak though.
  • Options
    Paul Whitehouse's translator, Lee Macks Rob Brydan letter and Johnny Vegas were the funniest bits for me. Still find Jack Whitehall's dad funnier than him and my vote would have gone to Mitchell because Peep Show is brilliant
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    so much disagreement just proves how its all about opinions/sense of humour. I personally dont find Whitehall that funny and am a big fan of Jimmy Carr and Sean Lock. But I do quite like Fresh Meat.
  • Options

Still find Jack Whitehall's dad funnier than him and my vote would have gone to Mitchell because Peep Show is brilliant

Get your money on his dad to win best new comer next year.
  • Options
    Mitchell doesn't write peep show though, he just acts in it.
  • Options
    Rob62 said:

Mitchell doesn't write peep show though, he just acts in it.

So? Can the writers act? Probably not.

Did Elvis write many songs? No.

Does Robert Di Niro write many screenplays? No.

There are writers. There are performers, and there are some who do both. It's not a crime to be a comedy actor.
  • Options
    Lol! I just tried to flag this for ABUSE, which it clearly is. Guess what? "You can't flag a moderator's post!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yep, we created all these crazy dominating rules on our recent North Korean away day
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Lee Mack was funny excepting his award for best comedy panel show
  • Options
    Sean Lock is great, a lot of these things are down to the age groups that vote.. I find Jack Whitehall cretinous and annoyng
  • Options
    I can't stand Lock or Whitehall, but I'm 36 going on 75
  • Options
    Locks stand up is awful. His appearances on panel shows are good though.

I think Lee Mack is hilarious at times.

All about taste.
  • Options

Had a dream of the adult variety with Sarah Millican last year.

I was her assistant and we were at it in the back of a limo driving down Eltham High St, where we had just stopped to buy her a pair of elasticated trousers from M&S.

Enjoy your breakfast reading that !

That was no dream. I wondered who it was in the limo on that afternoon in Eltham. I thought she looked familiar but I didn't recognize the bloke doing the business.
  • Options
    Mitchell's a funny guy on WILTY. He didn't win because peep show (series 8) hasn't been recent enough to be fresh in people's memories.

Jack Whitehall can say the odd funny thing but overall is not a great comedian, more of an ordinary bloke IMO. He gets more favour towards him because he has achieved a lot at a young age.
  • Options
    Love the way its always arty graduate humour comedies that thrive at these things, and never things like Trollied and Benidorm that are funny but don't pretend to be clever.
  • Options

All about taste.

This. Also think Whitehall's stand up is pretty weak, much better in his various acting roles.

• Options

All about taste.

This, my daughter went and saw Lock the other week and she said a lot of the audience never returned after the intermission.