Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So Jack Whitehall Wins King/Queen Of Comedy

2»

Comments

• Options
    Maybe because its current comedy, rather than an 80's style throw back ? again, its probably a measure of who votes.

Love the way its always arty graduate humour comedies that thrive at these things, and never things like Trollied and Benidorm that are funny but don't pretend to be clever.

• Options

Love the way its always arty graduate humour comedies that thrive at these things, and never things like Trollied and Benidorm that are funny but don't pretend to be clever.

Agree with this
  • Options
    Still waiting for our very own Jim Davidson to get a lifetime achievement award!
  • Options
    Jim Davidson is the only comedian who has me killing myself with laughter everytime.
  • Options
    Eddie Murphy - Raw

now that's funny
  • Options
    Didn't "Derek" air this year? Surprised that didn't get a mention although maybe more of a drama then pure comedy.
  • Options
    I bet Jack Whitehall's mum has got a very hefty phone bill indeed next quarter.
  • Options

Sean Lock is a personal favourite. Flanagan is great as well, livened up the One Show the other day.

Saw Sean Lock live and I thought he was a twat who didn't seem interested.
  • Options
    Why do these middle class twits always think it's necessary to swear for the sake of swearing to show how ' edgy' they are. Vegas however is funny, the rest couldn't make me laugh if Palace had just got relegated. I think the posh twit is called Mitchell, just not funny.
  • Options
    Jack Whitehall reminds me of those irritating posh snob at school who's only friends seem to be girls because he's "funny" not because he dresses in posh clothes and has lots of money! Can't stand him
    Swisdom said:

Eddie Murphy - Raw

now that's funny

I see your eddie murphy and raise you a dave chappelle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuTjQLfU6Gk
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hardly current though ? :) Il see those and raise you Bill Hicks
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Hardly current though ? :) Il see those and raise you Bill Hicks

dave chappelle just doesnt do tv stuff anymore, he did a tour round the states recently with flight of the conchords. I pray in hope that he'll one day do a couple of dates in london but probably not :(
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Have you seen that Met Police poster saying if you know of anyone earning money by illegal means then call them. Well I called about Micky "not funny" Flanagan and said he was obviously earning dishonestly whilst imitating a comedian.

I'm amazed that you weren't nomintated for the award.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Why do these middle class twits always think it's necessary to swear for the sake of swearing to show how ' edgy' they are. Vegas however is funny, the rest couldn't make me laugh if Palace had just got relegated. I think the posh twit is called Mitchell, just not funny.

Makes you want to go and punch them in the face doesn't it?
  • Options
    Jonny Vegas is a crap comedian.

Just talks for the sake of it then realises when his 'joke' is going absolutely nowhere he just starts shouting.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Steve Coogan, Jerry Seinfeld, Sean Lock, me......

See? Chirpy is funny as he's just told us.

Again.
  • Options
    Sounds like I'm the only one who found the whole thing f***ing hilarious (agree that Miranda is crap though)
  • Options

Riviera said:

Have you seen that Met Police poster saying if you know of anyone earning money by illegal means then call them. Well I called about Micky "not funny" Flanagan and said he was obviously earning dishonestly whilst imitating a comedian.

I'm amazed that you weren't nomintated for the award.
    You and me both fella......
  • Options
    Riviera said:

masicat said:

Makes you want to go and punch them in the face doesn't it?
    Yep. Remains one of the few times in my life where I actually said to myself this is no good and did something about it.
  • Options

so much disagreement just proves how its all about opinions/sense of humour. I personally dont find Whitehall that funny and am a big fan of Jimmy Carr and Sean Lock. But I do quite like Fresh Meat.

Whitehall is brilliant in Fresh Meat, but his stand up is about as funny as a takeover thread.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Locks stand up is awful. His appearances on panel shows are good though.

I think Lee Mack is hilarious at times.

All about taste.

This, my daughter went and saw Lock the other week and she said a lot of the audience never returned after the intermission.
    He can be hit and miss, but like a lot of off beat comics you either love it or hate it. I'm in the former category, think he's brilliant.
  • Options
    Whitehall is good on A League Of Their Own but all he does is rip the p*ss out of Flintoff & Redknapp. Haven't seen his chat show with his Dad yet though!

I've always found Lee Mack funny. Not Going Out was genius.
  • Options
    I like all comedians except those that pick on minorities in a vicious way to get a laugh. I think Lee Evans and Peter Kay are a bit overrated though. Didn't watch the ceremony but pleased to read that Plebs got an award.
  • Options
    I thought Plebs was dire
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Ken Dodd on BBC *SPITS* 2 with Fern Britton at the moment.

KD- God lived in me bathroom

FB- Did he?

KD- Yeah, every time my dad tried to go in there he'd say "God are you still in there"

• Options

I thought Plebs was dire

As a great man once said earlier in this thread - " It's all about taste"... :-D
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Ken Dodd on BBC *SPITS* 2 with Fern Britton at the moment.

KD- God lived in me bathroom

FB- Did he?

KD- Yeah, every time my dad tried to go in there he'd say "God are you still in there"

Two points to be made here... ;-)
  • Options
    Best bit there was Fern saying "Diddy". ;-)