Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players you always forget played for Charlton...

Comments

• Options
    Gary Rowett
  • Options
    Hogan Ephraim - and he even makes it into the BTTV21 video!
  • Options
    Tony Caig, who was our sub goalkeeper for a thankfully short period when we were in the PL...
  • Options
    Tahar el Khalleg. Reuben Agboola.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Marcel Seip.

Now plays in the Aussie A-League...
  • Options
    Gary Poole (30 yard winner on his debut away at QPR).
  • Options

Richard Gough, Malcolm Allison, Billy Bonds, Nicola Berti, Alexei Michaelechenko, Vitality Astajevs. And Billy Beggs...

I was in the press box the day Alexei Michaelechenko played in a friendly at the Valley for Charlton. The stadium announcer (pre-BDL?) announced his name, but the assembled hacks didn't catch it properly, so they started passing notes to each other with guesses as to what his name was. The best guess for "Michaelechenko" was "Charlie Kenco".

• Options
    Tony Warner
    Didn't luke Steele sign on loan then immediately have it cancelled?
  • Options
    Steve Stacey scored on his one and only game against Huddersfield in the 70s at the Valley
  • Options
    Ricky Otto - or have I imagined it?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sir_Clive said:

Ricky Otto - or have I imagined it?!

1996. 7 games
  • Options
    Was there a Sorondo?

Did that Nigerian lad (sriker) play for us who went off to West Ham as a youth player, then I think turned up at Wednesday?

Nathan Ashton - was he the one who went to Fulham?
  • Options
    Sheku Kamara, signed for watford when they got promoted to the prem. Is in prison last time i heard.

Was there a Sorondo?

Did that Nigerian lad (sriker) play for us who went off to West Ham as a youth player, then I think turned up at Wednesday?

Nathan Ashton - was he the one who went to Fulham?

Danny Uchechi, previously known as Chima Orelaja
  • Options

former arsenal player Stephen Hughes.

And another - John Sneddon 1965/66 20 appearances!
  • Options
    Scott houghton
  • Options
    Jay McEveley
    Carl Ikeme
    Keith Gillespie
    Danny Butterfield
    Martin Cranie
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

Danny Butterfield

I could never forget he played for us, he was my next door neighbour when he did. He was a nice guy and our house full of Charlton fans got lots of training kit and things from him.
  • Options
    Rod fern on loan from leicester in the 60's

Martin duffield on loan frpm QPR in the 80's

I think they both only played one game
  • Options
    Andy Marshall for a short time - can't recall if he actually played though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Alexi Smertin
  • Options
    Lee Power
  • Options
    David Whyte - was mustard when on loan from Palarse before he signed perm.....also we had another forward who scored a blinding curled shot for a winner cant remember who against - we were at upton park and he was Scottish I think???
  • Options
    Scottish lad, played midfield under Powell on a short term contract before we got Hollands and Stephens in the summer?

Stewart?
  • Options
    And Greg Shields, always have to remember we didn't go straight from Mills to Kish and then Young.
  • Options
    Iain Ferguson, striker of some repute signed on loan from Hearts in 1989-90. Made one appearance, then did a runner.
  • Options
    John Salako
  • Options
    Nicola Berti
  • Options
    Mark bright
  • Options
    Also good shout about sorondo totally forgot him. Played 27 games for Uruguay apparently. Don't remember him being that good unlike his compatriot and club legend pouso