Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players you always forget played for Charlton...

Comments

• Options
    In 60 years of watching Charlton, hundreds of them!

Unfortunately too many eminently forgettable ones have been in and around the squad in the past six or seven years or so.
  • Options
    Sevensix said:

In 60 years of watching Charlton, hundreds of them!

Unfortunately too many eminently forgettable ones have been in and around the squad in the past six or seven years or so.

This is the only post on this thread that makes any sense.

I would add Jonatan Johansson, in that he doesn't get much of a mention on this site, not like the other strikers from that period. But obviously, I do remember him.
  • Options
    Neil redfern
  • Options
    Mickey Stewart - Alec Stewart's dad!
  • Options
    Ah, the answer to one of my favorite quiz questions.....

Which ex CAFC player went on to manage England ?
  • Options
    Ben Roberts
  • Options

Ah, the answer to one of my favorite quiz questions.....

Which ex CAFC player went on to manage England ?

Okay, be honest, who asked this question today ?

• Options
    mrbligh said:

Andy petterson - the name still gives me chills

Harsh. Made the best ever save I have seen at the valley v palace.
  • Options
    BRYAN HUGHES
    IZALE MCLEOD
    CHRIS DICKSON

seem to remember an ex rangers player, who went on to sheff wed?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Dietma Bruck 56 appearances
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't see it on here but Richard J's thread reminded me of Darel Russell
  • Options
    Gordon Riddick, John Keirs, John Stenson, Cliff Holdon, Arthur Horsefield.
  • Options
    Robbie Mustoe
  • Options
    Peter Laraman
    David Stocks
    Ralph Miller
    Jimmy Fryatt
    Jim Ryan
    Reg Evans (anyone on this site old enough to remember these?)
  • Options
    I remember Jim Fryatt, playing for Oldham I think.
  • Options

Was he the player best known for scoring the fastest-ever league goal - four seconds?

• Options

Peter Laraman
    David Stocks
    Ralph Miller
    Jimmy Fryatt
    Jim Ryan

Yes I am, Reg Evans came to us from Newcastle in exchange for John (buck) Ryan proveing that management f-uck ups existed in the 1950's as well as the present day.
  • Options

Was he the player best known for scoring the fastest-ever league goal - four seconds?

I believe so.
  • Options

I believe so.
    I'm going off at a tangent; forgive me. A Hartlepool defender got red-carded after just three minutes at Fleetwood today - is that a record in the league?

Ray Hankin (ex-Leeds) once got sent off in an FA Cup qualifying round for Guisborough before the kick-off. The ref ordered him to wear the captain's armband - obligatory in Cup games, apparently, but not in non-league - and Hankin refused, saying it was "uncomfortable". Red card.

• Options

Peter Laraman
    David Stocks
    Ralph Miller
    Jimmy Fryatt
    Jim Ryan

Yes I am, Reg Evans came to us from Newcastle in exchange for John (buck) Ryan proveing that management f-uck ups existed in the 1950's as well as the present day.
    I remember Stocks, Miller (both left backs) and Jim Ryan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn't Vinny jones get sent off after some ridiculously short period of time?
  • Options

Yes, Fryatt played for Oldham in 1970-71 (info courtesy of Colin Cameron). He scored three goals in five games for us, his first club, in 1959-60. After Southend, he was at Bradford Park Avenue where he scored a record-breaking four seconds after kick-off, against Tranmere in 1964. Fryatt went on to play for Southport, Torquay, Stockport, Blackburn, Oldham, and Southport again, before the first of two spells in the NASL.

• Options
    McBobbin said:

Sounds quite possible. With Wimbledon he certainly got sent off in a pre-season friendly - quite an achievement - for assaulting a postman in a non-league team on the Isle of Wight.

• Options
    George Best played for us in testimonial match for? I seem to remember he was the best player on the pitch by mile despite being the oldest and unfitess.
  • Options
    Tony Caig
    Jesper Blomquist (sp)
  • Options

George Best played for us in testimonial match for? I seem to remember he was the best player on the pitch by mile despite being the oldest and unfitess.

I think it was Les berrys testimonial against Arsenal who sent an almost first team squad.
  • Options
    Marcus Stewart
  • Options

Marcus Stewart

Really?

• Options

McBobbin said:

Sounds quite possible. With Wimbledon he certainly got sent off in a pre-season friendly - quite an achievement - for assaulting a postman in a non-league team on the Isle of Wight.

Not sure about red, but Vinny certainly got booked inside four seconds playing for Leeds.