Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players you always forget played for Charlton...

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2023
    CAFCTrev said:
    Oguchi Onyewu - capped 69 times for the USA and played in 2 world cups for them. Had a very short spell with us during the 14-15 season. Have any other Americans played for Charlton?

Cory Gibbs, Mike Ammann, Paul Rachubka off the top of my head. 

Edit: New category, I totally forgot that Gibbs never actually played for us. Despite being here for 2 years. Also, completely forgot about Jonathan Spector.
  • Options
    It's quite sad that I remember all these modern players. Though many I'd rather I didn't. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    CAFCTrev said:
    Oguchi Onyewu - capped 69 times for the USA and played in 2 world cups for them. Had a very short spell with us during the 14-15 season. Have any other Americans played for Charlton?

Andy Petterson 
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    CAFCTrev said:

Andrew Peterson 
    He’s Australian 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    swordfish said:
    CAFCTrev said:

Andrew Peterson 
    He’s Australian 
    As near as damnit 🤣
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    shirty5 said:
    swordfish said:
    CAFCTrev said:

Andrew Peterson 
    He’s Australian 
    As near as damnit 🤣
    Not even close
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    swordfish said:
    shirty5 said:
    swordfish said:
    CAFCTrev said:

Andrew Peterson 
    He’s Australian 
    As near as damnit 🤣
    Not even close
    I'm sure we had an American Goalkeeper you know. Or am I imagining it?
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    swordfish said:
    shirty5 said:
    swordfish said:
    shirty5 said:
    swordfish said:
    CAFCTrev said:

Andrew Peterson 
    He’s Australian 
    As near as damnit 🤣
    Not even close

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    swordfish said:
    shirty5 said:
    swordfish said:
    shirty5 said:
    swordfish said:
    CAFCTrev said:

Andrew Peterson 
    He’s Australian 
    As near as damnit 🤣
    Not even close

I was about to say I thought his surname began with an A. Well found 👍
  • Options
    Delfin said:
    George Best played for us in testimonial match for? I seem to remember he was the best player on the pitch by mile despite being the oldest and unfitess.
    George Best played for us in testimonial match for? I seem to remember he was the best player on the pitch by mile despite being the oldest and unfitess.
    I think it was Les berrys testimonial against Arsenal who sent an almost first team squad.
    Yes it was Les Berry's testimonial, I have the shirt signed,Jim Davison kicked the game off. Pretty rare shirt the only time George Best played for Charlton.
    Others on here would know more than me but that shirt must be worth a few quid.
    I assume you are talking about a replica top.
    Know as I was the one that got George Best to play he signed it after the game in the dressing room and gave it to me.Still not washed it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jonathan Spector in 05/06 - another American
  • Options
    Delfin said:
    Dave Madden ex Arsenal, Paul Williams, Alan Campbell,Bob Curtis.
    Especially the second time around.
  • Options
    Delfin said:
    Delfin said:
    I think it was Les berrys testimonial against Arsenal who sent an almost first team squad.
    Yes it was Les Berry's testimonial, I have the shirt signed,Jim Davison kicked the game off. Pretty rare shirt the only time George Best played for Charlton.
    Others on here would know more than me but that shirt must be worth a few quid.
    I assume you are talking about a replica top.
    Know as I was the one that got George Best to play he signed it after the game in the dressing room and gave it to me.Still not washed it!
    Top, top, top memorabilia.   I doff my cap to you.
  • Options
    folder said:
    David Whyte - was mustard when on loan from Palarse before he signed perm.....also we had another forward who scored a blinding curled shot for a winner cant remember who against - we were at upton park and he was Scottish I think???
    He scored against Leicester, great goal, at Upton Park. Local lad from south east London.

I think he had mental health problems, such a sad case.He had a natural talent.
  • Options
    Who was the Chinese player that played for us
  • Options
    Zheng Zhi
  • Options
    About 70% of the side between 07/08 and 08/09.

Darren Randolph
    Greg Halford
    Yassin Moutaouakil
    Paddy McCarthy 
    Osei Sankofa
    Lee Cook
    Scott Sinclair
    Josh Wright
    Andy Gray
    Dean Sinclair
    Chris Dickson
    Leroy Lita
    Darren Ward
    Stuart Fleetwood
    Danny Butterfield
    Tresor Kandol 

Everyone of them makes me shudder because it was just such a shit time to support us.  
  • Options
    Also Richard Chin who is still on our books.  His father is Malaysian Chinese (his mother from the Seychelles).  Richard made is first team debut in an EFL match on 10.11.21 losing 0-1 to Leyton Orient.  He joined Charlton by the way at the age of 6.
  • Options
    Derek Bellotti
  • Options
    One word “Dench”
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Darren Randolph
    Greg Halford
    Yassin Moutaouakil
    Paddy McCarthy 
    Osei Sankofa
    Lee Cook
    Scott Sinclair
    Josh Wright
    Andy Gray
    Dean Sinclair
    Chris Dickson
    Leroy Lita
    Darren Ward
    Stuart Fleetwood
    Danny Butterfield
    Tresor Kandol 

Everyone of them makes me shudder because it was just such a shit time to support us.  
    How did it fall apart so quickly? Madness
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    folder said:
    David Whyte - was mustard when on loan from Palarse before he signed perm.....also we had another forward who scored a blinding curled shot for a winner cant remember who against - we were at upton park and he was Scottish I think???

John Hendrie
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Gonzalo Sorondo - Uruguayan International . Played 8 games  for Charlton  2005 - 2007.
  • Options
    Zheng Zhi
    Still play his dvd.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    This thread is surely the greatest oxymoron on Charlton life. Players I always forget? Err, how would I know.
    If this is the greatest one you’ve seen then you need to read more threads!
  • Options
    Stig said:
    This thread is surely the greatest oxymoron on Charlton life. Players I always forget? Err, how would I know.
    Quite easy really, you look up a squad from a few seasons ago, and as you scroll through it you see a name you either don't recognise at all, or maybe a name that triggers something in your head and then you're like "oh man I forgot that guy"
  • Options

Darren Randolph
    Greg Halford
    Yassin Moutaouakil
    Paddy McCarthy 
    Osei Sankofa
    Lee Cook
    Scott Sinclair
    Josh Wright
    Andy Gray
    Dean Sinclair
    Chris Dickson
    Leroy Lita
    Darren Ward
    Stuart Fleetwood
    Danny Butterfield
    Tresor Kandol 

To be fair to Darren Randolph he was more than a capable keeper so much so that he played 50 times for the ROI. I say he "was" because he is currently third choice at Bournemouth but still earning a living from the game a long time after most of the others have now retired. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    There was a CB, who we loaned in the Prem years. Probably gets forgotten about because he sounds a bit like El Karkouri, Tahar El Khalej *shudders* but not by me. 

He was absolutely terrible. Looked like he’d won a competition to get to play. 
  • Options
    Chris Whyte. Part of the Leeds team who collected the last Division One title, before the inaugural PL season.