Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players you always forget played for Charlton...

Comments

• Options

Marcus Stewart

Think you mean Michael Stewart :-)
  • Options
  • Options
    I started this thread 10 years ago. There are loads in that time alone I’ve already forgotten. 
  • Options
    There are players who were here as soon as 3 years years ago that I have no recollection of. Here's some after going through some squad lists.

Billy Clarke
    Jamie Ward
    Chris Maxwell
    Lee Novak
    Michal Zyro
    Jordan Botaka
    Beram Kayal
    Andre Green
    Andrew Shinnie
    Rhys Williams
    Franck Moussa
    Conor McAleny
    Milos Veljkovic
    Frederick Ulvestad
    Mark Gower
    Cameron Stewart
    Jordan Cook
  • Options
    Nicola Berti and Jim Stannard.
  • Options
    Matt Smith. I always remember the other Matt Smith though.
  • Options
    Omar Pouso and his mate from Uruguay
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    There are players who were here as soon as 3 years years ago that I have no recollection of. Here's some after going through some squad lists.

Billy Clarke
    Jamie Ward
    Chris Maxwell
    Lee Novak
    Michal Zyro
    Jordan Botaka
    Beram Kayal
    Andre Green
    Andrew Shinnie
    Rhys Williams
    Franck Moussa
    Conor McAleny
    Milos Veljkovic
    Frederick Ulvestad
    Mark Gower
    Cameron Stewart
    Jordan Cook
    I got so excited when we got Franck Moussa thought he was a brilliant player. Sadly it didn’t work out. 

After Charlton I have no idea how his career went. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reading some of these names, it’s amazing we’re not in non league, they were so bad!
  • Options
    Mark Gower seems to stand out(Anyone know what has happened to him has he been abducted by aliens or something)
    Mark Gower sat at our table at one of the player of the year dinners he disappeared after about half an hour never to return.  I think aliens is a good shout. 
  • Options
    Abdul Razak
  • Options
    Jesper Blomqvist
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    sam3110 said:

Billy Clarke
    Jamie Ward
    Chris Maxwell
    Lee Novak
    Michal Zyro
    Jordan Botaka
    Beram Kayal
    Andre Green
    Andrew Shinnie
    Rhys Williams
    Franck Moussa
    Conor McAleny
    Milos Veljkovic
    Frederick Ulvestad
    Mark Gower
    Cameron Stewart
    Jordan Cook
    I got so excited when we got Franck Moussa thought he was a brilliant player. Sadly it didn’t work out. 

After Charlton I have no idea how his career went. 
    Not great... 
  • Options
    Cameron Stewart
  • Options
    Rueben Agboola
  • Options
    Anal Cock.
  • Options
    Paulo Monteiro
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What's his name 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Madjid Bougherra.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Quite timely really - as someone today sent me an online quiz where you have to name as many Charlton players as you can from 2010-2019.

The amount of names here that I haven't thought about in years.

I have absolutely no recollection of Leon Best playing for us in 2017-2018. None whatsoever.

Anyway, I managed to get 98/188

Charlton Athletic Players 2010-2020 Quiz - By R_Porter (sporcle.com)
  • Options
    George Best played for us in testimonial match for? I seem to remember he was the best player on the pitch by mile despite being the oldest and unfitess.
    George Best played for us in testimonial match for? I seem to remember he was the best player on the pitch by mile despite being the oldest and unfitess.
    I think it was Les berrys testimonial against Arsenal who sent an almost first team squad.
    Yes it was Les Berry's testimonial, I have the shirt signed,Jim Davison kicked the game off. Pretty rare shirt the only time George Best played for Charlton.
  • Options
    Fish from marillion (in a friendly)
    Fish from marillion (in a friendly)
    Is this true?-If so, does anyone know the year? (Dad's a massive Marillion fan)
    It was actually a friendly match at Welling United, Derek Hales eleven v George Best eleven, Fish and Davy Jones from The Monkees both played. Bobby Moore too.
  • Options
    Dave Madden ex Arsenal, Paul Williams, Alan Campbell,Bob Curtis.
  • Options
    Delfin said:
    I think it was Les berrys testimonial against Arsenal who sent an almost first team squad.
    Yes it was Les Berry's testimonial, I have the shirt signed,Jim Davison kicked the game off. Pretty rare shirt the only time George Best played for Charlton.
    Others on here would know more than me but that shirt must be worth a few quid.
    I assume you are talking about a replica top.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Ross said:
    Some from recent years: Keith Gillespie Jay McEveley Martyn Waghorn Goncalo Brandao (didn't play one game for us but signed in 2005 - Curbs' last summer transfer window) Neil Etheridge (again, no first team appearance, but signed as emergency 'keeper cover) Federico Bessone Martin Christensen Stuart Fleetwood Nicky Forster Graeme Murty

Neil Etheridge played no matches on his first short loan but in 2014/15 came back and played 4 league and one FA cup.
    Unfortunately Neil was made scapegoat for the 5-0 defeat at Watford where he was at fault for one goal but made a few good saves and the team in front of him were useless that that day. That was the infamous Katrien Meire on the train 'abuse' match. 

After that game I said that If he is given a chance somewhere (we had Nick Pope who was struggling but had great potential) that Neil Etheridge would have a good career and could even play higher than Cafc.
    Very bold at the time but 129 championship and 38 Premier games later at Cardiff/Birmingham he had a fine career.

Edit 😂 just realized you posted this a decade ago 🤦🏻‍♂️. Still I like to update on players.
  • Options
    Oguchi Onyewu - capped 69 times for the USA and played in 2 world cups for them. Had a very short spell with us during the 14-15 season. Have any other Americans played for Charlton?

• Options
    Alou Diarra, played in the World Cup final for France in 2006, and very nearly became a Charlton legend when he came out of nowhere to put Charlton 1 nil up against the spanners in 2015, we know what happened next...