Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Players you always forget played for Charlton...

Comments

• Did Marcel Seip ever make an appearance? 
  • edited August 2023
    All joking aside to run with this thread title, Jim Stannard and Rueben Agboola are VERY good calls.

Based on appeared no more than 10 games.
  • One for the older ones,Steve Stacey
  • John MacDonald 
  • Emmanuel Frimpong
    Those of us at Shef Weds away won’t forget him . Dreadful .  As was Danny Seabourne - another totally forgettable Addick.
  • Davide Petrucci
    Abdul Razak
  • Scoham said:
    Davide Petrucci
    Abdul Razak
    Remember Razak being seen as a bit of coup when he signed but barely remember him doing anything on the pitch 
  • I’ve looked online at a few squad lists and “forgotten” players seem to fall into two categories for me. Firstly are the players that I remember now that I’ve seen their names. Players such as Phil Ferns, Jimmy Mullen, George Hope and Luciano Masiello. 
    The other group are those who I cannot remember at all. Most of these played very few games. Examples of these are John Arnold, Chris Barnard and Gary Churchouse. Another I cannot remember at all is Paul Davies who played over 60 games for us in the early 70’s. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Scoham said:
    Davide Petrucci
    Abdul Razak
    Remember Razak being seen as a bit of coup when he signed but barely remember him doing anything on the pitch 
    Razak played at Blackpool when we won 2-0, Chris Solly scored from outside the box.

He played the first half the following week at home and was never seen again.
  • Probably not forgotten but I was surprised that Paul Bacon played in 33 matches for us. From memory I can only remember him starting a couple of games and only playing in a handful more. 

• Sponsored links:

• Carl Harris,Denis Rommedahl,Alan Kkernaghan(ex QPR I think center half)There was a over weight player a name like Bromby I think he was Danish
  • Has Tony Towner been mentioned?
  • Chris Iwelumo
  • The strange thing is that I probably remember all of them, sometimes with a bit of prompting.

Am I the only person who would remember for example John Barnes , Mark Bright or Garth Crooks as ex Addicks when they appear on TV?
  • Some one mentioned Ralph Miller did he mean Ralph Milne?
  • Confused with Ralph Milne and Paul Miller?
  • There was a Ralph Miller in the early mid sixties so could well be him.
  • Simonsen said:
    John MacDonald 
    Excellent call, remember seeing him in his one and only game at Selhurst, we beat Everton 3-2 (Jim Melrose hattrick). Thought he did Ok but never mentioned or seem again after that game, was he on loan anyone know?
  • Sure Macdonald played at Chelsea when we won 1-0, think Robert Lee got the goal.
  • Ian/Iain Ferguson, played second half at Derby, never seen again.
  • Sponsored links:

• iaitch said:
    Sure Macdonald played at Chelsea when we won 1-0, think Robert Lee got the goal.
    Think that's right, Macdonald was on loan from Rangers. Ian Ferguson was another loan, Rangers or Hearts I think. 
  • Alan Davies - Welsh International who is sadly no longer with us. Unless I am mistaken made his only on loan appearance for us at Shrewsbury. I was there and I believe we lost 2-1.
    Crikey... if I remember right he came on loan from Ipswich and played in one friendly match.
  • If I've missed him earlier apologies. Jimmy Loveridge. Pretty sure we're the only club to have had 2 Michael Stewarts. 
  • Simonsen said:
    John MacDonald 
    Excellent call, remember seeing him in his one and only game at Selhurst, we beat Everton 3-2 (Jim Melrose hattrick). Thought he did Ok but never mentioned or seem again after that game, was he on loan anyone know?
    Alan.
  • The Iranian dude who came on at Ipswich as a sub.
  • philcafc said:
    Alan Davies - Welsh International who is sadly no longer with us. Unless I am mistaken made his only on loan appearance for us at Shrewsbury. I was there and I believe we lost 2-1.
    And Cyril Davis, another Welsh International midfielder from the 70's
    Crikey... if I remember right he came on loan from Ipswich and played in one friendly match.
    Played in 1-1 draw v Huddersfield and scored a late equaliser 
  • iaitch said:
    Sure Macdonald played at Chelsea when we won 1-0, think Robert Lee got the goal.
    And v Everton when Jim Melrose got his hat-trick.