Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Players you always forget played for Charlton...

Comments

• If I've missed him earlier apologies. Jimmy Loveridge. Pretty sure we're the only club to have had 2 Michael Stewarts. 
    We do love a player with the initials MS....I give you Matt Smith.
  • lolwray said:
    One for the older ones,Steve Stacey
    Crikey... if I remember right he came on loan from Ipswich and played in one friendly match.
    Played in 1-1 draw v Huddersfield and scored a late equaliser 
    Can still picture that goal in my minds eye. Wikipedia page short but interesting https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Stacey_(footballer)
  • And Cyril Davis, another Welsh International midfielder from the 70's
    Came from Yeovil along with Dickie Plumb? Scored a cracking goal at the Den once (but we still lost).
  • Greg Shields 
  • Karim Bagheri in 00/01, 45 mins at Ipswich and never seen again
  • I posted Alan Kernagan,I was thinking of Alan McDonald.Died only 48.

• Graham Moore
  • Nathan Eccleston

• Graham Moore
    An absolute Tank!!
  • Alan Ellis 
  • Sponsored links:

• Someone mentioned a player to me just now who is a great contribution to this thread.

Wade Small.

Completely forget he played for us and had to look him up to check. Made one appearance v Hereford in the league cup.
  • Luke Holden
  • Ross Worner (GK) was mentioned in another thread. It was like I was hearing it for the first time.

Ross Who?
  • edited August 2023
    Ross Worner (GK) was mentioned in another thread. It was like I was hearing it for the first time.

Ross Who?
    Coincidentally he played against Welling last Saturday for Havant.
  • Jack Payne
  • Someone mentioned a player to me just now who is a great contribution to this thread.

Wade Small.

Completely forget he played for us and had to look him up to check. Made one appearance v Hereford in the league cup.
    Genuinely never heard of him - I thought Luke Holden (one away cup game)  was as obscure as it got, but this guy tops it.

Mike Small however, is a different thing altogether, can't be many who've generated so much comment on here over, was it, two games?

• Omar Pouso. I must have missed his 57 minutes of fame. 
  • Bally Smart too, and one name that I'm sure was on our books but never actually played, one Florent Rouamba
  • Anyone else think that these days it's so much harder to remember the names of any players that did turn out for us in the last few years? Here today, gone next window!!!
  • Keith Gillespie. I know things are shit now but that was one miserable season 
  • Sponsored links:

• siblers said:
    Keith Gillespie. I know things are shit now but that was one miserable season 
    He was 'number 2' 🤔
  • I was just reading about our last play off final and it says we had a player called Josh Parker. I have no recollection of him at all. 
  • edited December 2023
    Stig said:
    I was just reading about our last play off final and it says we had a player called Josh Parker. I have no recollection of him at all. 
    You cannot be serious!

Prolific goal scorer! His vital contribution to our victory in that game should never be forgotten. Good at holding up play, whilst getting treatment usually.

The word 'Legend' is often bandied about without justification, and he's not one but he did a job for us that day.
  • Ha ha, no goals in ten appearances. That's the sort of striker we like. Just googled a picture of him. Didn't ring any bells either.
  • Stig said:
    Ha ha, no goals in ten appearances. That's the sort of striker we like. Just googled a picture of him. Didn't ring any bells either.
    I'm sure it was him that got fouled leading to the free kick from which Bauer struck. 
  • Caught a bit of Birmingham v Leicester last night, Stephy Mavididi played (and scored) for Leicester, his name rang a bell and sure enough he had two spells at The Valley but I all I remember is the name TBH.
  • Caught a bit of Birmingham v Leicester last night, Stephy Mavididi played (and scored) for Leicester, his name rang a bell and sure enough he had two spells at The Valley but I all I remember is the name TBH.

Came in under Robinson, got injured in his first loan spell , scored a couple in his second spell . 
  • Did Bally Smart start a game?
  • Did Bally Smart start a game?
    Against Shrewsbury, league cup.