Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Crazy Cardiff - owner v manager

Comments

• Options

MrLargo said:

Palace are gonna get out of it, I can see it coming already. Lucky f#@kers, luckiest ever promotion last season and now everything's falling into place for a great escape this season. Sickening.

Not sad to see Cardiff suffer though. Sold their soul with minimal resistance when Tan came in.

I really hope you're wrong about Palace staying up. I just can't see them not being one of the three worst teams come May though...
    They weren't one of the three best teams in the Championship last season, they weren't even one of the 12 best in the second half of last season, still made it up though, jammy sods.
  • Options

MrLargo said:

Palace are gonna get out of it, I can see it coming already. Lucky f#@kers, luckiest ever promotion last season and now everything's falling into place for a great escape this season. Sickening.

Not sad to see Cardiff suffer though. Sold their soul with minimal resistance when Tan came in.

They're gonna/maybe stay up and the sad thing is they're becoming the biggest club (support wise) in South London in the process ..... They'll have bigger gates than us next season even if we're both in the championship ........ Sad times ....when will we next finish above the stripey ones ffs
    Indeed, and they've had so much good fortune to get there. Administration, about 5 seasons on the spin of hovering around the releagtion zone but always managing to avoid the League 1 graveyard, their crowds were steadily falling and comfortably below our League 1 crowds more often than not. They managed to get it right for half of one season in a very mediocre Championship and it's changed everything for them.

Palace now 5/2 to stay up. Not difficult to imagine 3 out of Stoke, Norwich, Fulham, Sunderland and Cardiff finishing below them. West Brom as well if they get their new manager wrong.
  • Options
    agree Mr Largo , the MAAAAAASIVES have a lot to answer for , they could have sent them down a few seasons back but melted
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

While I don't wish ill on the fans of Cardiff, a large portion of them seemed happy to let Tan walk all over their club's history and identity in the hope it would lead to the Premier League. You can't say they weren't warned of his character.

Spot on.
    They had little choice. The club was in serious debt and VT piled in a load of money to bail them out. Changing the colour of the kit and the badge is acceptable when the alternative is no club at all.
    But they still had the choice to protest and fight it, to attempt him to get him to change his mind, to show some resistance - and some did, but many of them didn't.
  • Options

Been issued an ultimatum reportedly - resign or be sacked. Miserable stuff

Not much of an ultimatum though is it? Resign and get nothing or be sacked and get a big payout.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

RedPanda said:

Also, rather than celebrating promotion in April a lot of their fans instead preferred to goad us after the whistle. Sod 'em.

Well I can only remember the joyous Taffs coming up and shaking our hands and wishing us luck this season.
    We didn't have one person do that. I don't understand the logic of celebrating a promotion you've been waiting years for by instantly turning towards the opposition. We did go into a bar later though, most of the fans in there were alright and were talking about trips to places like Enfield and Scarborough.

• Options
    Rizzo said:

Been issued an ultimatum reportedly - resign or be sacked. Miserable stuff

Not much of an ultimatum though is it? Resign and get nothing or be sacked and get a big payout.
    Not to us. But in the Far East sacking is seen as a massive dishonour.

• Options
    Cardiff is in the Far West though
  • Options
    Cardiff's morning press conference attended by David Kerslake rather than Malky Mackay. No comment made on the managerial situation.

Wonder if he'll be in the dugout at Anfield tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Valley11 said:

While I don't wish ill on the fans of Cardiff, a large portion of them seemed happy to let Tan walk all over their club's history and identity in the hope it would lead to the Premier League. You can't say they weren't warned of his character.

Spot on.
    They had little choice. The club was in serious debt and VT piled in a load of money to bail them out. Changing the colour of the kit and the badge is acceptable when the alternative is no club at all.
    This is often the way it is presented to fans. The previous owner prevents the club going into the abyss by selling (to the new owner) and the new owner is the saviour.

Why wasn't administration an option?

Cynics might wonder if the previous owner had a better return by selling to the current owner than allowing the club to go into administration, and that perhaps a better return rather than the good of the club was the main reason for the sale.

New owners should realise that they are effectively trustees of a club. Yes if they do a good job for the club and add value to the club, they can generate a reasonable income whilst they own the club and a profit upon sale of the club. But the true owners are the fans, as without the fans here would be no club. Decisions such as changing kit colours should be done with the genuine consent of the fans.
  • Options
    Incredible support from Cardiff fans at the moment. Still in Anfield singing his name.
  • Options
    Heard his interview after good on him for not resigning

Honestly think that everyone who follows english football or is associated with it in anyway are behind him
  • Options

Honestly think that everyone who follows english football or is associated with it in anyway are behind him

Yes,absolutely.Tan is of Chinese descent yet when talking about the Cardiff saga,all the football fans here are on Mackay's side.You don't have to be British to tell who's right who's wrong on this matter.

• Options
    Just read that Bellamy was asked to take charge of the side for the match yesterday and told Tan to poke it.

I really don't think Tan gets English football culture at all but no doubt he'll find someone prepared to take the gig for the money while he plays Fifa14 with a real club.
  • Options
    Without defending Tan, Mackay did get Cardiff promoted with a debt of £83m and a loss of something like £19m.

He's also had a lot of money to spend this season and they look like they are going to fall into trouble.

I think Tan was nieve to think he would resign, and Mackay is entitled to his payoff, but it is not inconceivable that Cardiff could be better off with a different manager. Also, if we, as fans, want owners to throw millions of pounds at our clubs then we have to accept that they will, from time to time, want to make decisions that the public don't agree with.
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    yes .. 'until things change' .. unquote

• Options

Without defending Tan, Mackay did get Cardiff promoted with a debt of £83m and a loss of something like £19m.

He's also had a lot of money to spend this season and they look like they are going to fall into trouble.

I think Tan was nieve to think he would resign, and Mackay is entitled to his payoff, but it is not inconceivable that Cardiff could be better off with a different manager. Also, if we, as fans, want owners to throw millions of pounds at our clubs then we have to accept that they will, from time to time, want to make decisions that the public don't agree with.

Cardiff's debt was there long before Mackay was.
  • Options

Valley11 said:

Spot on.
    This is often the way it is presented to fans. The previous owner prevents the club going into the abyss by selling (to the new owner) and the new owner is the saviour.

Why wasn't administration an option?

Cynics might wonder if the previous owner had a better return by selling to the current owner than allowing the club to go into administration, and that perhaps a better return rather than the good of the club was the main reason for the sale.

New owners should realise that they are effectively trustees of a club. Yes if they do a good job for the club and add value to the club, they can generate a reasonable income whilst they own the club and a profit upon sale of the club. But the true owners are the fans, as without the fans here would be no club. Decisions such as changing kit colours should be done with the genuine consent of the fans.
    Cardiff were in the brown stuff before Tan came in. The fans I know weren't happy with the kit change but take the view that Tan's money saved the club so he can do pretty much what he likes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mackay has called an impromptu press con for 1pm.

Is he going to resign.
  • Options
    BBC Radio Wales ‏@BBCRadioWales
    BREAKING NEWS: #Cardiff City manager #Malky Mackay has just called an unexpected press conference.
  • Options
    gonna be interesting. someone keep us workers up to date please.
  • Options
    I suspect, now, that the threat of the sack was a misguided gamble thinking that avoiding the shame of being sacked was worth waiving the thousands of pounds that Mackay would have walked away with.

It is clear that Tan has little, or no, idea how football works.
  • Options
    Any update?
  • Options
    its about the boxing day game
  • Options
    "Don't Sack Mackay, Malky Mackay, I just don't think you understand, if you sack Mackay, Malky Mackay, your gonna have a riot on your hands."
  • Options
    Just been sacked
  • Options
    @SkySportsNews: Malky Mackay sacked by Cardiff City - more on #SSN