Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

early kickoff Charlton vs Brighton (Thurs Dec 26)

Whats the reason behind the early kickoff in relation to the other fixtures that day?

Any chance of tele coverage?

Comments

• edited December 2013
    Thought it was a 3pm?
  • Deffo 12.30 kick off
  • I'm sure I read somewhere the Police requested a 12:30 kick off?
  • Watford v Scum is 1pm
  • Chelsea v Swansea , Spurs V West Brom and West Ham v Arsenal are all 3pm kick offs
  • It's so I can have dinner round my mums. She wrote SCP a very nice letter.
  • I'm sure I read somewhere the Police requested a 12:30 kick off?

As always. "High risk of public disorder", blah, blah, blah. They just want to get back home early.

• We usually KO around 12:30 if playing Boxing Day... think thats always been our time for that date
  • We usually KO around 12:30 if playing Boxing Day... think thats always been our time for that date

I'm baffled why it's always our game that gets moved to lunchtime. It seems like every year that I have to make a turkey sandwich to bring with me :-)
  • Dang ,I'm sure this was a 3pm kickoff.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2013

I'm sure I read somewhere the Police requested a 12:30 kick off?

As always. "High risk of public disorder", blah, blah, blah. They just want to get back home early.

How about no police there so you can give it the big spud because clearly they only done it to go home "early"...

There's clearly real reasons this has been changed... Possible intel of disruption, managing resources due to lots of London games in the capital is the most likely.
  • Hopefully it means TV coverage !
  • Royal Oak opening at 10.00, can't make this - no trains, joke !!

Yep..all 20 seconds of it!

• Royal Oak opening at 10.00, can't make this - no trains, joke !!

Same. Well shit
  • Hopefully it means TV coverage of Brightons goals !

Fixed for yer me old China!
  • Fancy being an early kick off same day as next sale!!
  • Used to be a police requirement, but now it's just a club preference. There's no way Charlton against Brighton impacts on Premier League 3pm kick offs in terms of police resources.
  • An early kick-off means that people can go to the match and still have plenty of time to see family and friends after the match.

My preference too, but for Boxing day only.
  • Sponsored links:

• Agreed ME14, I wouldn't go if it was afternoon
  • Love boxing day footy, and I can walk to the ground which is even better.
  • Hate these boxing day games and we are nearly always at home. 220 mile round trip round the M25 as there are no trains. I was recently in Brighton and was talking to one of thier fans who told me they never play at home boxing day and they requested the league not to pick their games out at home that day....find that amazing you can do that.
  • Keeps raining and we won't have to worry what time kick off is
  • Good excuse for a Frankie & Benny's beforehand i reckon..
  • Hate these boxing day games and we are nearly always at home. 220 mile round trip round the M25 as there are no trains. I was recently in Brighton and was talking to one of thier fans who told me they never play at home boxing day and they requested the league not to pick their games out at home that day....find that amazing you can do that.

probably because the OB don't usually let them play at home on bank holidays
  • 5.30am Boxing Day for me - oof!
  • If it keeps raining, we'll all be at home so KO time is irrelevant :-(

They were due to play the spanners at home last Boxing Day, they played the game a week earlier.

Yep..all 20 seconds of it!

Hopefully it means TV coverage of Brightons goals !

Fixed for yer me old China!
    Lol.....Come on guys,don't be so negative.I know most of of you hate early kick-offs (which is understandable) but if you were where I am,you'd certainly be delighted whenever a Charlton game is rescheduled for a mid-day kick-off, ie potential live broadcasting.It's been three months since I last watched us play.We lost to Millwall,I was disappointed but it definitely hasn't affected my desire to watch our games even one bit.