Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

early kickoff Charlton vs Brighton (Thurs Dec 26)

2»

Comments

• Options
    For all people that can't make it due to no trains....National express coaches are running,

just booked mine up for some crazy reason, 7am start!
  • Options
    Rather than making a new thread, can anyone tell me if our away game against them on Saturday April 15th is likely to be moved under police advice? Maybe to the Monday, or would they have announced that by now? Just that I've got a wedding invite for that day. Cheers.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Just that I've got a wedding invite for that day. Cheers.

You could always have said you're not the type for commitment.
  • Options
    Will be the first home game this season I will miss. Have OB moved kick off time to deal with Charlton fans fighting among themselves and an increase in homophobic 'banter'.
  • Options
    I am spending Christmas in Swindon, so will have to leave straight after breakfast - would have preferred it later
  • Options
    kimbo said:

I am spending Christmas in Swindon, so will have to leave straight after breakfast - would have preferred it later

I'd have thought that being in Swindon you'd want to leave even earlier than that....

• Options

Hate these boxing day games and we are nearly always at home. 220 mile round trip round the M25 as there are no trains. I was recently in Brighton and was talking to one of thier fans who told me they never play at home boxing day and they requested the league not to pick their games out at home that day....find that amazing you can do that.

Bearing in mind their significant reliance on trains, which would not be running on Boxing Day, to clear the crowd I can see that the police would support a ban on Boxing Day football at Brighton.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Going to be my first game since Blackpool. Very excited to get back to watching us lose rather than listening to it on player.
  • Options

Hopefully it means TV coverage !

Yep..all 20 seconds of it!

Hopefully it means TV coverage of Brightons goals !

Fixed for yer me old China!
    Lol.....Come on guys,don't be so negative.I know most of of you hate early kick-offs (which is understandable) but if you were where I am,you'd certainly be delighted whenever a Charlton game is rescheduled for a mid-day kick-off, ie potential live broadcasting.It's been three months since I last watched us play.We lost to Millwall,I was disappointed but it definitely hasn't affected my desire to watch our games even one bit.
    我同意
  • Options
    Actually, i think the 12.30 ko is perfect.

Not silly early, if you have family requirements you can be back for a decent timed dinner, and if you don't you can in the pub for all the afternoon scores.

Everyone's a winner!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Hopefully it means TV coverage !

Yep..all 20 seconds of it!

Hopefully it means TV coverage of Brightons goals !

Fixed for yer me old China!
    Lol.....Come on guys,don't be so negative.I know most of of you hate early kick-offs (which is understandable) but if you were where I am,you'd certainly be delighted whenever a Charlton game is rescheduled for a mid-day kick-off, ie potential live broadcasting.It's been three months since I last watched us play.We lost to Millwall,I was disappointed but it definitely hasn't affected my desire to watch our games even one bit.
    我同意
    Couldn't have put it better myself.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    12.30 isn't the end of the world for us but it's a bit of a pain in the arse if you're a Brighton fan. We had a similar (or worse) situation with the away game at Watford last year on New Years Day. Nobody wants to get up at 9/10 o'clock after spending a whole day & night with a bottle of Champers/Whiskey/Wine/Egg Nog/Tennants (delete as applicable) in your hand, especially given that most fans will drive due to it being a Bank Holiday.
  • Options
    In London with the in-laws so not too bad for a change. Is the Rose of Denmark open early too or just the Oak?
  • Options

12.30 isn't the end of the world for us but it's a bit of a pain in the arse if you're a Brighton fan..

They'll be used to that though.
    Are we allowed to laugh at this sort of thing? I need to check before i guffaw.

• Options
    Postponed due to waterlogged pitch?
  • Options
    Gammysnr said:

Postponed due to waterlogged pitch?

Hope so!
  • Options
    Good to get the torture out of the way early !
  • Options
    I love being at home on a Boxing Day. It's one if both my Christmas highlights and the football season in general.

I'm happy with a 3pm kick off but I also, really, like the early ones as it means I can get home (driving) and then have a couple of beers before we have a bottle of wine with a late-ish dinner (lunch).