Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Welsh Grand National 2013

2»

Comments

• Options
    Yeap but does say was previously 28/1. Maybe a mistake or got clobbered? Strange.
  • Options
    Corals offering special

Highland lodge for welsh and English national double 250/1
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

Corals offering special

Highland lodge for welsh and English national double 250/1

Same season presumably?
    Earth Summit the last to do the same season double 97~98 but Aintree was a bog that year (only 6 finishers and slowest time for eons).
    Rhyme n Reason and Bindaree both won the GN after placing in the same season WN and of course T43 placed in both last year.
    A massive ask, not least because the handicapper could clobber him if he came home in front today and then there's compression of the GN weights to contend with. Earth Summit’s OR was raised 4lbs from Chepstow to Aintree but only carried 10.05 in the GN because there was no compression of the GN h/c in those days and Suny Bay had to lump 12.00 as t/w (came 2nd!).
  • Options
    Ok Peanuts. Have followed your line and got HL at 9-1, VS at 12-1 and TDC at 16-1 wth Paddypower, 5 places. Fingers crossed but also mucho gracias for your (usually) excellent informed tips.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Welsh national today and 2014 crabbies national
  • Options

Taken Vintage Star at 12's but 5 places,Highland Lodge at 8's on skybet

meldrew66 said:

Ok Peanuts. Have followed your line and got HL at 9-1, VS at 12-1 and TDC at 16-1 wth Paddypower, 5 places. Fingers crossed but also mucho gracias for your (usually) excellent informed tips.

Appreciate the vote of confidence chaps. Fingers crossed................if they all fall in a heap I'll make good at Aintree ;o)
  • Options
    Got Highland Lodge at 12.5 and Vintage Star at 24.15 yesterday on Betfair.
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

Welsh national today and 2014 crabbies national

No doubt that a WN win is a big stat-positive for the GN (would be even better with more weight but who cares today) and HL's other stats are good. Would depend a lot on the weather and how the GN weights shape up but I guess if he won this afternoon you'd be pretty happy if you'd done it, regardless.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Good point. Some good Win prices as usual on Betfair. Just the Place (4 places) prices a tad thin for the fancied ones though I saw TDC's place price was good.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

...that was an amazing price on VS, nice one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

se9addick said:

...that was an amazing price on VS, nice one.
    I only bet a couple of quid here and there on the donkeys so I won't be rolling in it if he comes in, but I'll certainly owe you a beer !
  • Options
    Too many mince pies for Ryan Mania - 2lbs overweight on Vintage Star.........bastard! ;o)
  • Options
    Bugger me, that's one from left-field:
    1. Mountainous - 5lbs out of the handicap
    2. Hawkes Point
    3. Tidal Bay - amazing run from an amazing horse
    4. One In A Milan - 11lbs o/h
    5. Merry King - again!
    Vintage Star 6th I think
  • Options
    Mountainous wins at 20-1
  • Options
    Naughty boy Mania, good pick PM, fear that overweight definaytely cost us e/w money.
  • Options
    Bollocks
  • Options
    Bobs Worth does the biz in the Lexus - massive relief for Henderson.

Naughty boy Mania, good pick PM, fear that overweight definaytely cost us e/w money.

VS travelled sweetly and looked very good coming into the home straight. Didn't quite get home but could have 2015 GN possibilities on better ground.
    Highland Lodge was disappointing really. Didn't seem to travel as well as he had in the Hennessy despite the preferred ground - maybe they'll find a problem (a bleed?), maybe just doesn't get a marathon trip.
    Tour Des Champs got a bit buffeted about and, typically, put in a couple of poor jumps. Cooked a long way from home.
    Many apologies chaps. Can't believe all 3 missed the money.
    Reputation seriously on the line this April - will be burning the midnight oil to make amends.
  • Options

Just seen the distances and he was only 2.25L behind Merry King so, on paper, you're about right (certainly if you had 5th place for e/w - he was 6L behind 4th). To be 6th and just 13.5L behind the winner on that ground is a very creditable run. Pretty amazing race really. You'd think they'd be strung out in a heavy ground WN.
    But, too many pies for Ryan or not, MEA CULPA on the failed tips. Looking at the stats for the winner (and 2nd) I clearly drew up the 3m+ form test a little too stringently because neither were a million miles away. But "Garbage in, garbage out", as they say.
    Maybe worth trying a tweak for next year but only if normal service is resumed with the GN model in the meantime. Otherwise, it could be P45 time ;o)
  • Options
    I backed Mountainous last time - and the way it finished that day I made an alert of it on GG.com.

Then a nanosecond of a look at today's jockey and that was that ;-(
  • Options

I backed Mountainous last time - and the way it finished that day I made an alert of it on GG.com.

Then a nanosecond of a look at today's jockey and that was that ;-(

LOL........blimey, you don't half hold a grudge AA. Glad you dodged my nags anyway.