Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who is the no 1 ?

It's good to see that Charlton have 2 good keepers. My no 1 is Alnwick

Comments

• Options
    You are number six...
  • Options
    Yes I think after powell dropped Hamer he came back one of the best goalies in the league and it would be harsh now to drop Alnwick after he has done so well.
  • Options
    Alnwick's shirt to lose now surely and I'm a big hamer fan
  • Options
    I am No1. my mum tells me all the time...............
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Well, it's not Princess. No matter how many times she asks.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jlLKNxDbsi8&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DjlLKNxDbsi8
  • Options
    Was speaking to hamer in the cafe in chislehurst the other day and he said that he rates Alnwick and is worried about getting his place back.
  • Options
    Do we need both these guys when Pope is a very good back up. I feel sure we could get £500k+ for Hamer.
  • Options
    Alnwick for me better than "The Incredible Sulk" Hamer
  • Options
    Hamer should now be loaned for a month or two - to keep him playing
  • Options
    The same answer as I gave for Jackson returning from suspensión. How do you drop someone who is playing well. Alnwick is playing well, so logically, he keeps the goalies jersey.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Both keepers are evidently coached to look to release the ball quickly; Hamer is usually accurate with a kick or throw to an attacker on the break. Admittedly the penalty areas were bogged down, but Alnwick's distribution against the Wendies was very poor. Still, the momentum is with him, he is match-sharp - made an excellent penalty save at Ipswich - and I'd expect him to keep his place for a while at least.
  • Options
    At the moment it's Happy by Pharrell Williams
  • Options
    From what I've seen of Alnwick I think he is the better keeper.
  • Options
    I like Hamer but I have been very impressed with Alnwick since he has come into the team. Very solid keeper.
  • Options
    I prefer Alnwick he has taken his chance well.
  • Options
    Don't think there is much in it, but it's has to be Alnwick for me.
    No nonsense keeper, just gets on with his job without any dramas.
  • Options
    True that Alnwick has taken his chance well, but I certainly wouldn't write Hamer off yet. He came back to form very strongly when Button got a run last season and he might well do the same again. He might be the kind of person that needs some strong competition and the occasional kick up the arris to perform at his best.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Davo55 said:

True that Alnwick has taken his chance well, but I certainly wouldn't write Hamer off yet. He came back to form very strongly when Button got a run last season and he might well do the same again. He might be the kind of person that needs some strong competition and the occasional kick up the arris to perform at his best.

Absolutely Davo I think Hamer was instrumental in our good run towards the end of last season,but Alnwick looks a better keeper than either Button or Sullivan.

Ironically because this was when I originally expected Alnwick to make his debut I'd like to see Hamer start against Oxford.

• Options
    Alnwick if he learns how to kick a ball everytime he does it seems to go out of play, But he is much better at coming out and catching from corners than Hamer
  • Options
    Whoever has the shirt and is performing. At the moment that's Alnwick but things can change. It's great having two very capable keepers in competition.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Alnwick all day long.
  • Options
    Alnwick looks comfortable with crosses, Hamer flaps too much. His distribution isn't as good as Hamers. Shot stopping I still don't know. I cannot see him being dropped as things stand though.
  • Options
    It might also be worth comparing 'attitude' as seen on the field of play. However Hamer had 'that' performance at Brighton around about the time we were sticking six past Alnwick.
    Good to see competition for the goalkeeping spot.
  • Options
    DRFDRF
    edited January 2014
    Alnwick's distribution is poor, Hamer flaps too much in front of goal. I prefer my goalies to be able to prevent goals rather than start an attack so Alnwick all day long for me.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

It might also be worth comparing 'attitude' as seen on the field of play. However Hamer had 'that' performance at Brighton around about the time we were sticking six past Alnwick.
    Good to see competition for the goalkeeping spot.

Don't think Alnwick played in the Oakwell game.His excellent performance against us at the Valley was his penultimate performance for the Tykes. He only played one further first team game a week later.
  • Options
    It was Luke Steele in goal for Barnsley for the 6-0.
  • Options
    Alnwick all day, hamer is more interested in his hair and holding onto the ball to long hoping a photo gets taken of him
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

It was Luke Steele in goal for Barnsley for the 6-0.

I stand corrected, and delighted.

• Options

Alnwick if he learns how to kick a ball everytime he does it seems to go out of play

Deano, Deano
  • Options
    I'd still like to get Forde from millwall.