Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Which football commentators impress you?

2»

Comments

• Options
    I love Alan Hansen's punditry and a little disappointed that this is his last season on MOTD. Just love the way he rips apart bad defending so mercilessly!
  • Options
    I'm gonna miss Hansen as well. "Shocking defending, no passing and movement", etc. :-)
  • Options
    Peter Beagrie, Ian Darke, James Richardson, Gary Neville all good at what they do

Wilkins I like more because I like him as a human though
  • Options
    Fiiiiiish said:

Clark Carlisle the other day commentating on the Notts v West Ham game was decent. Infact whenever he has been a pundit he has also seemed very decent, I hope he gets more games to work on.

He's as bland as Owen !
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

What's the name of the guy who does the Scottish games on radio 5? He's pretty decent

Edit: Roddy Forsyth! That was bugging me. Makes up for the fact that scottish football is a joke

Roddy only reports he doesn't commentate on 5Live. Maybe he does on Radio Scotland. Always seems unfair to me when Celtic play a big team like Barcelona and we get Alan Green instead of Roddy.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Yeah Roddy is great.

http://youtu.be/uxdETjyjB08
  • Options
    Not a commentator more of a presenter, Scott MInto does a good job on the Spanish Football.
  • Options
    The one on MOTD who commentated on Crystal Palace v Norwich. He was brilliant.
  • Options
    Most of the MOTD commentators are reasonable, I quite like Steve Wilson.

Barry Davies is THE commentator for me though!
  • Options
    Funny how we all like different things - I find Barry Davies unbearably sanctimonious
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I disposed of my telly 15 years ago and have never looked back. Football on the radio can be exciting and atmospheric; I seem to be in a minority in liking Alan Green. I have no interest in darts, but was gripped by the final recently from Ally Pally - on the radio! It was wildly exciting, spiced by a fevered commentary from the peerless John Rawling. Similarly, boxing on the radio can be thrilling; I have tremendous respect for Mike Costello, who also commentates with great authority on athletics.
  • Options
    I don't know much about English TV or radio football commentators, pundits or experts, other than those in fifa! :) and of course the Radio feed from CAFC Player - though I would very much like to watch some games with your countries' own commentators! What I do know though, is which commentators and pundits I like in Denmark.

Brian Laudrup, I believe, is a great pundit and an even better commentator.

Peter Schmeichel is an excellent host. He has been hosting the Danish transmission of Champions League for years, but not anymore, sadly. He will host the World Cup though!

Mikkel Bischoff is an excellent expert - he played in England from 2002-07 in Man C, Wolvehampton, Sheffield Wed and Coventry.

And last, but not least, we have Claus Jensen, who has been both an expert and a commentator, and has done a decent job!
  • Options
    Darren Fletcher (BBC 5 Live and BT Sport) is fantastic. His 606 shows with Robbie Savage are brilliant.

Shame that he has to carry Michael Owen when he does games on BT Sport.
  • Options
    Not mentioned before but I think Guillem Balague is someone who I find knowledgeable and a decent personality on tv. I would like to see him more outside of Spanish football of course, but that remains to be seen.