Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roland Speaks

Comments

• Options
    Well would ya?
  • Options
    cafctom said:

How long before some idiots try contacting Katrien on Facebook to moan about the lack of strikers.

Two upfront etc...
  • Options

Better looking than MS.

There's already a thread which is basically dedicated to vaguely and not so vaguely sexist remarks (joking or otherwise) yet 2 posts into this one and someone is already mentioning how she looks. It's getting embarrassing.
  • Options
    Exiled...dont mean to offend. Just banter
  • Options

Better looking than MS.

There's already a thread which is basically dedicated to vaguely and not so vaguely sexist remarks (joking or otherwise) yet 2 posts into this one and someone is already mentioning how she looks. It's getting embarrassing.
    This. I know most of the comments are being made in jest, but maybe people should stop and think before they post? How is this all going to look to someone outside the club, or even more importantly to someone who has just bought/joined the club; particularly someone who may not have English as their first language and may not appreciate the tone in which some of the comments are being made?

I hate to be a killjoy, but surely first impressions work both ways?
  • Options
    Jodaius said:

Better looking than MS.

This. I know most of the comments are being made in jest, but maybe people should stop and think before they post? How is this all going to look to someone outside the club, or even more importantly to someone who has just bought/joined the club; particularly someone who may not have English as their first language and may not appreciate the tone in which some of the comments are being made?

I hate to be a killjoy, but surely first impressions work both ways?
    Yep. And they will see your post as well

balanced...thats the way we like it

in the end, i dont expect any doris that has succeeded in football like Mme.Merie has would have such a thin skin as to be offended
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes, very well said.
  • Options
    Well said sir.
  • Options
    Hear hear.
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic has a rich history, a cherished stadium, spent many years in the Premier League and has produced many talented young players over the years. = Thats how I am going to make my money back, by selling them.

Richard will act as the spokesperson for the board = If you don't like anything shout at Richard I don't care.

I would also like to introduce Ms Katrien Meire who has been appointed onto the board and will be working at The Valley from now on. = The cow would not sleep with me so she is going to have work in SE7 now

Supporters can be assured that I will be following the team’s fortunes very closely. = You better get some decent results Mr Powell, I am watching you

It is a new era for Charlton and an exciting time for myself and the board. We will do our best to make sure there are many more reasons to be proud to be associated with the club in the years to come. = I'm selling shortly

Roland Duchâtelet. The Govenor

• Options
    Don't get your knickers in a twist. She won't, by the look in her eyes I doubt she even wears any.
  • Options

Roland Speaks - but in effect says very little

Seriously Large ... if you read between the lines it says ... oh nothing

• Options
    Copied from the interview with a Belgian journo thread (Charente Addick)

- no reason to doubt RD - wise, lot of money, good advisors, makes the right decisions
    - Thuram coming to CAFC next week & maybe the Iranian striker in future
    - CAFC very new to him - wants to break even then make profit
    - wants to increase value of (young) players starting them at smaller clubs then progressing to bigger clubs - he need a 'network' to achieve this (mentioned this strategy a couple of times).
    - Network of clubs also gives a solution to players not playing
    - he thought CAFC was at the top of his network (ahead of Liege)
    - is in football for 10-15 years (incl. CAFC)
    - very much a businessman/principled but has a 'golden heart'
    - he is 'safe hands' (not another goalie!) - wants to get to the Prem - is 'amused' by CAFC management & coaching staff (I think he means likes rather than is amused by

Sounded a bit of a PR job t mean and disappointingly no questions were asked about the new director just announced
  • Options

Don't get your knickers in a twist. She won't, by the look in her eyes I doubt she even wears any.

Actually laughed out loud on the train at this.
  • Options

Well would ya?

With the force of Thor's fist
  • Options

- no reason to doubt RD - wise, lot of money, good advisors, makes the right decisions
    - wants to increase value of (young) players starting them at smaller clubs then progressing to bigger clubs - he need a 'network' to achieve this (mentioned this strategy a couple of times).
    - he is 'safe hands' (not another goalie!) - wants to get to the Prem - is 'amused' by CAFC management & coaching staff (I think he means likes rather than is amused by

Sounded a bit of a PR job t mean and disappointingly no questions were asked about the new director just announced

I think the fact that this new director was at liege and is now here helps confirm to me that CAFC are at the top of his "network". Exciting times in that case!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is about time that some these comments were vetted ?People have been moaning about several thing,s,on and off the field and when someone comes in and tries to improve the club all we get is people saying derogatory remarks about new owners.
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:

Is about time that some these comments were vetted ?People have been moaning about several thing,s,on and off the field and when someone comes in and tries to improve the club all we get is people saying derogatory remarks about new owners.

Not true.

Derogatory remarks were not "all we get". And the negative statements were mostly about the statement not the owners.

Some were positive, some wanted more info beyond a very brief and superficial statement. Don't see a problem

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Well would ya?

With the force of Thor's fist
    Not easy to say with a lisp!
  • Options
    Pretty underwhelmed / disappointed by this. Most seem to be reading positives into his comments about Powell but as far as i can see hes saying hes interested in powells plans for the rest of the season ( ie when his contract runs out) and not whether he will necessarily be given the chance to execute them. He should be saying im gonna sort the contracts out asap, powells done a great job heres a five year deal, and ps im installing undersoil heating
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Sturgo

Keep the faith

i read it opposite. He has given him the season. And thats what scp needs

Powelly wants 5 yr contracts for wiggins and stephens

He is a big enough man..
    if he gets those we finish 9th again then roland will sign him for life

scp is "cherished"
  • Options
    edited January 2014

I think the fact that this new director was at liege and is now here helps confirm to me that CAFC are at the top of his "network". Exciting times in that case!
    Yes. I particularly like that bit too. Especially considering SL are currently playing Champions League football!
  • Options
    Cogent.... that is perfectly plausible

is spekkers jim..
    but not as we know it

i am proud of the admonishment of me for the 'but.would.u'

i am a self declared post feminist and i only learnt the would you and the penos from CL

i am glad to be challenged. Discourse is great
  • Options
    Do you ever think we will find out why Mr. Duchatelet has bought six football clubs ?
  • Options
    Although it seems to be a simple run of the mill greeting message, there seems to be a few positives. Chris Powell seems to be certain to the end of the season at least and he seemed to have a high opinion of Richard Murray, which hopefully means he we listen to his advice. I'm not sure if he sees us as top of the food chain, but if we are and he pays attention to those that care about Charlton we could see wonderful things happen, maybe we are going to get the luck we deserve at last?

What I will say though is give it time, to the same people that want Chris Powell out because we had a bad run despite the promotion and then marginally missing out on the play off places, don't start calling for heads on sticks straight away if things don't turn around over night. If RD starts selling our assets and our players and bleeds us dry, by all means go for blood, if not give him time, we have no idea how much mess he has to clear up, we also don't know for sure what his long term plans are, so just sit back and enjoy the ride.