Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roland Speaks

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2014

Do you ever think we will find out why Mr. Duchatelet has bought six football clubs ?

Yes i do. In about 27.435 months we will.

we are the 2nd of these models.

Italians first belgiums 2nd. Snr pozzo

lot easier for for world footballers to assimilate in belgium than italy. Just ask.mad mario balotelli

great question btw. We will find the answer as its clearly driven by an agenda. Roland rat is a stat man after all. EU law . There is detail to.this and it starts with.work.permits

World football

africans, iranians....

belgium se7 mars attacks

(And accusations.of drunkness are accepted but it all stacks up..
    i just slur mae words)
  • Options
    Total nonsense i have just posted there i know
  • Options
    Drunk is when you're at your best mate
  • Options
    Bubble said:

Pretty clear that Friday is "Charlton Day" - takeover confirmed, statement released ...

Well he has got six clubs now & Sunday's obviously a day of rest. I think we've got the prime slot of Friday. Obviously most favoured club!!!! ;-)
  • Options

Copied from the interview with a Belgian journo thread (Charente Addick)

- no reason to doubt RD - wise, lot of money, good advisors, makes the right decisions
    - Thuram coming to CAFC next week & maybe the Iranian striker in future
    - CAFC very new to him - wants to break even then make profit
    - wants to increase value of (young) players starting them at smaller clubs then progressing to bigger clubs - he need a 'network' to achieve this (mentioned this strategy a couple of times).
    - Network of clubs also gives a solution to players not playing
    - he thought CAFC was at the top of his network (ahead of Liege)
    - is in football for 10-15 years (incl. CAFC)
    - very much a businessman/principled but has a 'golden heart'
    - he is 'safe hands' (not another goalie!) - wants to get to the Prem - is 'amused' by CAFC management & coaching staff (I think he means likes rather than is amused by

Sounded a bit of a PR job t mean and disappointingly no questions were asked about the new director just announced

I think the fact that this new director was at liege and is now here helps confirm to me that CAFC are at the top of his "network". Exciting times in that case!
    Yes. I particularly like that bit too. Especially considering SL are currently playing Champions League football!

Wouldn't read too much into this. Katrien only started at Liege a couple of months ago. Not saying it isn't a good thing, just maybe not too much store to be put on it.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2014
    Making a statement is good but would have liked to see some more concrete plans. Hopefully Katrien Miere's arrival will signal some positive player movement. Whatever said is the proof of actions that counts.

Chris Powell is a great character and survived many changes at Leicester. If given a chance, with some players of his choice, as he was, at the start of of the Slater / Jimesz reign then I am hopeful that the team under CP will do well.
  • Options

FFS, people, lighten up!

In a week, he has got us a oan player in, helped sort out the pitch, and added a pretty well qualified director to our board.

In a week! What else did you want him to do? Buy us the Championship title?

Yes, we don't know all his aims for the club, but can we wait until he does something wrong before we start castigating him?

Here, here, give him a chance ffs!
  • Options

I know what you're saying, but a week is plenty of time to have agreed a new contract with SCP.
  • Options

I know what you're saying, but a week is plenty of time to have agreed a new contract with SCP.
    In all fairness say he gives him a 3 year deal tomorrow, then we lose the next 4/5 games and we're bottom of the championship and he wants to sack powell hes just lost out on a lot of money. If i had just bought a new club i would wait a few games to see how the team is doing, then sort out a few contracts also hes prob not been in the country all week
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Or maybe when we whoop Barnsley 5-0 tomorrow Powell will get his contact straight away? Lol
  • Options
    I'm worried.

Not sure what about, but I am.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

I'm worried.

Wrong thread , Offie, need to wander over to the worried thread...
  • Options
    Off_it said:

I'm worried.

Maybe you went out and left the oven on? ;-)
  • Options
    Everyone seems to forget it's a new business for him. You would be foolish to start handing out contracts to your employees of your first week of ownership if you don't know what you're employing, you need to see what you have inherited first. Powell has to prove to him first hand that he can do the job. Promotion and 9th place finishes then back up his arguement for a new contract. That's all businesses in reality. Its no different as it's football.

He's got Murray for advice so I wouldn't worry too much. It's exciting times. It's just even more vital to stay up this season now more compared to the previous 6/7 seasons.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    and he has put a bit of totty in the board room i see the man RD as a god right now

edited good spot sadie
  • Options

and he has put a bit of tooty in the board room i see the man RD as a god right now

A tooty? What he farted? Lol each to their own ;-)
  • Options
    You have just come into a business and don't know the guy in charge. Why would you go and dish out a new contract immediately? You'd be more prudent to wait until the end of the season and see how he does. If you then feel he's done ok and is the man to take us forward then give him a new contract. If you think he isn't then you can dispense of him without paying any compensation.
  • Options

Copied from the interview with a Belgian journo thread (Charente Addick)

- no reason to doubt RD - wise, lot of money, good advisors, makes the right decisions
    - Thuram coming to CAFC next week & maybe the Iranian striker in future
    - CAFC very new to him - wants to break even then make profit
    - wants to increase value of (young) players starting them at smaller clubs then progressing to bigger clubs - he need a 'network' to achieve this (mentioned this strategy a couple of times).
    - Network of clubs also gives a solution to players not playing
    - he thought CAFC was at the top of his network (ahead of Liege)
    - is in football for 10-15 years (incl. CAFC)
    - very much a businessman/principled but has a 'golden heart'
    - he is 'safe hands' (not another goalie!) - wants to get to the Prem - is 'amused' by CAFC management & coaching staff (I think he means likes rather than is amused by

Sounded a bit of a PR job t mean and disappointingly no questions were asked about the new director just announced

Just on the final point, we recorded the interview on Thursday before the announcal of the new director.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good post bobmunro.
  • Options
    Hopefully with a smaller board, ala Middlesbrough, decisions will be made quicker and things will get actioned.

The ground needs some major tlc.

• Options

You have just come into a business and don't know the guy in charge. Why would you go and dish out a new contract immediately? You'd be more prudent to wait until the end of the season and see how he does. If you then feel he's done ok and is the man to take us forward then give him a new contract. If you think he isn't then you can dispense of him without paying any compensation.

Totally agree plus he needs to make sure that CP fits with him and his team.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

The only way a club like ours can survive, even in the Prem, is to buy/develop young, add value and sell on. That is the view now being taken by a lot of Prem clubs who realise it's the only way to be profitable. I'm involved with one of them and it's certainly what we are doing.

If you don't mind me asking , which club and what is your position with them ? Just being nosey
  • Options

bobmunro said:

The only way a club like ours can survive, even in the Prem, is to buy/develop young, add value and sell on. That is the view now being taken by a lot of Prem clubs who realise it's the only way to be profitable. I'm involved with one of them and it's certainly what we are doing.

If you don't mind me asking , which club and what is your position with them ? Just being nosey
    Stoke City - I have a Group role with the parent company.
  • Options
    Usually steer clear of these types of threads but agree with bobmunro. For those that don't me, I'm the MD of a PR company and spend pretty much all day every day advising clients on statements exactly like the one that has been issued here... He's been here a week, he's wanted to say 'something' and so he has put out a 'reassuring' statement that acts as a holding statement while he gets his head around the business... We expect total transparency on all his thoughts...well, we might not get them.. It's been said before but why should he tell us what is going on in his head/the boardroom? How many other businesses does that happen in? To us it's a passion, a life choice (however you want to term it) etc...to him it's a business.. I certainly don't tell everyone what's going on in my management meetings and I wouldn't expect him too otherwise.. I look forward to seeing how it all develops and I hope it starts with a good win this afternoon...
  • Options
    Some more positive comments from Paul Hart in today's programme re: RD's support for youth development.

No photo of RD though which is odd though.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

Stoke City - I have a Group role with the parent company.
    Cheers and good luck
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2014
    Some interesting comments. It would be excellent to see Charlton to develop to a Category A Academy, so that we can get full value for any young players that we develop and sell. It may be one of the few ways to keep the club afloat in the longer term and ensure some additional income.

It would keep us competitive for longer and help prevent a slide backwards.