Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ballon d'Or

On in about 20 minutes on Eurosport.

Though there have been leaks of the World XI of the year already in the rehearsals.

Comments

• Options
    The FIFA/FIFpro World XI 2013
    Manuel Neuer, Dani Alves, Thiago Silva, Sergio Ramos, Philipp Lahm, Franck Ribery, Xavi Hernandez, Andres Iniesta, Lionel Messi, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Cristiano Ronaldo

No Dortmund players and more Barcelona than Bayern...
  • Options
    Got to be Ronaldo to win.
  • Options
    Goal of the Year: Ibrahivomic vs England. (That overhead kick one from 30 yards).
  • Options
    no yann what a load of shit
  • Options
    Bla bla blatter
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Ronaldo, and quite rightly too.
  • Options
    Wasn't really a debate in the end. By far the best player last year.
  • Options
    Messi will be fit again this year and normal service should be resumed.

• Options
    Spanish bias as usual.
    Ribery should have won.
    What did Ronaldo win? Dortmund stuffed Madrid, Barca won Spanish title. Bayern won everything.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    i.minus.com/ibsitluY3akrnC.gif

Ronaldo was no match for Graham Stuart.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Spanish bias as usual.
    Ribery should have won.
    What did Ronaldo win? Dortmund stuffed Madrid, Barca won Spanish title. Bayern won everything.

It's not about what the player has won it's about the best player which Ronaldo quite simply is at the moment.
  • Options

Spanish bias as usual.
    Ribery should have won.

The World Team of the year is always biased.

Ronaldo deserved it though, Bayern and Dortmund were more team efforts.
  • Options
    Very much deserved. Well done Ronaldo. On another level.
  • Options
    Interesting reading.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/10568224/Ballon-dOr-2013-Lionel-Messi-Cristiano-Ronaldo-and-Franck-Riberys-2013-performance-compared.html

Think they should rename the bdo as the bloke who scores the most goals award.
    Surely best player should include passing, tackling, assists, goals and effect on the match.
    It's a lot easier to score goals in Spain than in Germany. I doubt Ronaldo would have scored more than 30 if he played in Germany.

• Options

Interesting reading.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/10568224/Ballon-dOr-2013-Lionel-Messi-Cristiano-Ronaldo-and-Franck-Riberys-2013-performance-compared.html

Surely best player should include passing, tackling, assists, goals and effect on the match.
    It's a lot easier to score goals in Spain than in Germany. I doubt Ronaldo would have scored more than 30 if he played in Germany.

What makes you suggest that it's easier to score goals in Spain than in Germany? Not agreeing or disagreeing with you, as I don't know enough about either, just interested in what makes you say that.
  • Options
    Once again, Ribery is surrounded by a better team than Ronaldo. Players make passes easier, assist easier etc

Ronaldo was the best individual player in 2013. He can change or effect a game better than any other player. His individual champions league record is just as amazing as his domestic is.
  • Options

Interesting reading.

But Ronaldo is having much more impact on games than anyone else? Simple as.
    Even if it was 'easier' in Spain Ribery is lightyears away.

Ribery
    - 13 Games
    - 6 Goals
    - 7 Assists

Ronaldo
    - 18 Games
    -20 Goals
    - 4 Assists

• Options
    Ronaldo plays more like a striker and is a selfish player who doesn't work back etc.
    The reason Bayern is a better team is because Ribery is a better player.
    Less glam but more effective.
    Real team costs way more than Bayern team.

As said BDO is a joke, European footballer of the year is a better award.
  • Options
    Xavi and Iniesta are top players but there's no way they should be in the best XI over the last twelve months.
  • Options
    Being more of a team player as opposed to being a more talented individual does not make you more effective.

The reason Bayern are a better team is because the have a squad that plays AS a team with good work ethic.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2014
  • Options
    Ronaldo deserved it this year but only because Messi was injured for a large portion of it.
  • Options

Ronaldo deserved it this year but only because Messi was injured for a large portion of it.

This. No-one can argue that Ronaldo doesn't deserve it this time round. However, if Messi stays fit all of this year it'll go back to being no contest like the previous four years.
  • Options
    What the hell is Messi wearing in that photo? He looks like Joe Pesci in My Cousin Vinny
  • Options
    The shiniest of shiny red suits, surely a lost bet?
  • Options
    Is that a real picture .... Who are the two Smokescreen birds very close to Ronaldo
  • Options

What the hell is Messi wearing in that photo? He looks like Joe Pesci in My Cousin Vinny

I knew he reminded me of someone, could not quite place it though!
  • Options

This. No-one can argue that Ronaldo doesn't deserve it this time round. However, if Messi stays fit all of this year it'll go back to being no contest like the previous four years.
    "No one can argue" ? Of course they can, that's pretty much the point of sites like this.

I'm not sure exactly what people are being asked to vote on for the BdO - if it's a straight "who was the best player this calendar year then maybe I'd just give it to Ronaldo for his performance(s) in the Sweden playoff.

• Options

Is that a real picture .... Who are the two Smokescreen birds very close to Ronaldo

No it's been photoshopped. The one on the left is Messi's wife and she's been cut to look like she's sitting on Ronaldo's lap.