Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Aussie Open

Heat wave - 40+ degrees celsius. Crazy. Shoes melting.

Great tennis so far. Sharapova just won 10-8 in the 3rd. 3.5 hours in this 40+ heat.

Comments

• Options
    I'm just outside Melbourne, it's been above 45 degrees over the past few days, how people can play tennis for hours in this, I have no idea... That is some extreme fitness
  • Options
    skybet are offering free bet it you place a bet of aussie open, place a bet up to £50 on the tennis and they will give you a free bet up to the same amount. Need to click on free bets before placing your bet and type promotional code TENNIS
  • Options

skybet are offering free bet it you place a bet of aussie open, place a bet up to £50 on the tennis and they will give you a free bet up to the same amount. Need to click on free bets before placing your bet and type promotional code TENNIS

tried, didn't work both lower and upper case tennis in promotion code.

• Options
    and now it's raining!
  • Options

are you a account holder ? I got a text last night, followed link this morning and did it.
  • Options

are you a account holder ? I got a text last night, followed link this morning and did it.
    yes, as said didn't work, maybe just offered on your account. No worries.
  • Options
    Del Potro the no. 5 seed out. Was he down to play Murray?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Murray through to the third round.

He'll need to get past both Federer and Nadal to reach the final though if it goes with seeding.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Murray 6-1, 6-2 and served for match in 3rd set, Had 2 match points but Robert won the set on the tie break.
    Game on.
    Not quite, 6-2 in the fourth.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Federer looking hot today. Won in straight Schweppes against Tsonga.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watched a bit of the Federer game earlier, he looks in pretty good nick and very relaxed.

If Murray can't win I'd love to see Roger win, he seems a top guy as do Nadal and Djovokic but I think Roger deserves one last win.
  • Options
    Yes the Fed Express is back and will beat Murray on Wednesday fairly comfortably imo.
  • Options
    Classic in the making.
    Djokovic 6-2 1st set but Warinka has taken the second and up a break in the 3rd.
    Come on Stan.
  • Options
    2 breaks now in the 3rd. Stan you beauty.
  • Options
    Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss 9-7 in the fifth. Well done Stan.
  • Options
    Federer Murray about to start.
    Got to go Federer as I have him at 23-1 for the torny.
  • Options
    Federer looks razor sharp
  • Options
    As I predicted yesterday this looks as though it will be a comfortable victory for a rejuvenated Federer. Two sets to love up and dominating both at the front and back of the court.

Hope I am wrong though.
  • Options
    2 match points saved and Murray takes the third set tie break. Game on!!
  • Options
    Who's showing this? Thought BBC had the rights?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
    Eurosport 1
  • Options

Eurosport 1

Got it, cheers.
  • Options
    Murray out 6-3 in 4th.
  • Options
    Well done Fed, the express marches on. Nadal looks a false fav, my 23-1 looking good.
    Swiss final against Stan.
  • Options
    Is Murray Scottish again?

Seriously it's a shame he lost but if he had to I'm pleased it's Fed and I hope he goes on to win it.
  • Options

Well done Fed, the express marches on. Nadal looks a false fav, my 23-1 looking good.

A false fave? Why?

Nadal's h2h record v Federer is very good. 20-9. Won all their games over the past year and won both meetings at the Aussie Open. The only thing that will stop Nadal is that f*cking great blister on his hand.
  • Options

A false fave? Why?

Nadal's h2h record v Federer is very good. 20-9. Won all their games over the past year and won both meetings at the Aussie Open. The only thing that will stop Nadal is that f*cking great blister on his hand.
    Did you watch the Dimitrov match? Could have won the 2nd, should have won the third. Both close tiebreaks.
    Nadal was a tad fortunate and Dimitrov is way off the league of fed, berd and stan.
    Nishikori ran him close 3-0 but all sets very close. ie Nadal not playing his best tennis.
    The blister is a huge issue, won't heal before the open is finished. On the palm of his racket hand. Ouch.

• Options

Swiss final against Stan.

in his pomp .. the best player that I have seen and time to time, even now, is still capable of the most sublime tennis

• Options
    Really want Murray to win an Aussie Open. He's got Wimbledon and US in the bag now and has no chance of winning in Paris. Now he's out this year though, I'd LOVE a Swiss final. Federer to take ANOTHER title after everyone ruled him out or Wawrinka to win his first grand slam?

The way has been paved for Nadal to win it now but come on Fed and Stan!!