Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Aussie Open

2»

Comments

• Options

Well done Fed, the express marches on. Nadal looks a false fav, my 23-1 looking good.

A false fave? Why?

Nadal's h2h record v Federer is very good. 20-9. Won all their games over the past year and won both meetings at the Aussie Open. The only thing that will stop Nadal is that f*cking great blister on his hand.
    Did you watch the Dimitrov match? Could have won the 2nd, should have won the third. Both close tiebreaks.
    Nadal was a tad fortunate and Dimitrov is way off the league of fed, berd and stan.
    Nishikori ran him close 3-0 but all sets very close. ie Nadal not playing his best tennis.
    The blister is a huge issue, won't heal before the open is finished. On the palm of his racket hand. Ouch.

Could've, should've...but didn't. The fact is Nadal is a terrible match up for Federer.

I had hope for Fed after the Tsonga match but it all but went after the Murray one. His intensity v Tsonga was pretty high the whole match but against Murray after the 1st set he gradually got pushed back and began rallying instead of playing aggressive. It's been that way for years now and it's not going to get the job done against Rafa. He has to get up the court and stay on the front foot v Nadal but he's getting pushed back and it's only going to end one way.
  • Options
    Not looking good. Nadal is just hitting the ball to Feds back hand as usual. Not a great match to watch. Oh well.
  • Options
    Nadal wins 7-6 6-3 6-3

I don't give Wawrinka much hope in the final. Nadal has a 12-0 h2h against him, although Stan is vastly improved over the past year.
  • Options
    I'm praying that Stan wins. Nadal bores the pants off me.
  • Options
    It would be good for tennis for Stan to win but i can't see it.

H2H is ridiculous between these two. 12-0 to Nadal and 26-0 in sets.

I think the best Stan can get here is a 3-1 defeat.
  • Options
    Nadal seems head and shoulders above the rest at the moment. I think he will surpass Federer's grand slam record although I sincerely hope that he doesn't.
  • Options
    Wawrinka leads the first set 5-2.
  • Options
    First set to Wawrinka 6-3
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2014
    Great hold of serve to win the set for Wawrinka. He has got a great second serve. Wawrinka's doing well. Nadal is dogged though. Interested to see if Wawrinka can maintain the quality. Good to see another player in the finals.

Nadal losing so having a psychological break. Nadal does not like losing. Wawrinka losing the plot a bit, I can understand why he is getting upset but shouldn't lose his concentration. If he does then Nadal's gamesmanship would have worked.
  • Options
    Nadal having a break
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nadal back but doesn't like good. Maybe he is injured.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Stand and deliver tennis from Nadal now...

This must be bittersweet for Wawrinka, 5-1 up in the second set.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2014
    The complaints from Warwinka looking a bit ill judged now. The game was shaping up to be a classic and the atmosphere is just a bit flat now. Wawrinka off the boil a bit in his play. Maybe not how he would have chosen to win a first grand slam. The prize money will make him feel better after a few days, I am sure.
  • Options
    Nadal back in it. Always admire his fighting spirit. Wawrinka too many unforced errors this set. Needs to concentrate on getting the ball back into play.
  • Options
    His PEDs are kicking in
  • Options
    Congrats Stan Wawrinka, won in 4 sets.
  • Options
    Well done Stan, glad I had a score on you at 5.5.
  • Options
    Stan deserves the win even though we lost what we thought was safe money on Nadal