Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anelka's 'Quenelle' .. W B A Given an Ultimatum by Their Sponsors

Comments

• Options
    I'm never gonna buy from Zoopla ever again, FACT
  • Options
    ....what do they sell again?
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

there will be clauses about bringing the company's reputation into disrepute, their lawyers would piss all over WBA's if WBA took them to court tbh.

You may or may not know that Ironside is a West Brom fan
    He doesn't go as much as he used to now though. Had to relocate for work, left his old job because was fed up of being pushed around.
  • Options

BIG_ROB said:

there will be clauses about bringing the company's reputation into disrepute, their lawyers would piss all over WBA's if WBA took them to court tbh.

You may or may not know that Ironside is a West Brom fan
    He doesn't go as much as he used to now though. Had to relocate for work, left his old job because was fed up of being pushed around.
    Wheelie?
  • Options
    I didn't know what it meant so I trawled the tinternet and found the link below, which is the "La Quenelle Song" with English subtitles to the tune of Charles Aznavor's La Boheme (certainly not to be confused with Puccini's opera of the same name);

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qgxZ6JEynk

It could misleading however, it just seems to be an anti establishment ditty to me. Much fuss about nothing yet again.
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

They sell Zooples obviously, OMG some people :P
  • Options
    Loco said:

BIG_ROB said:

There's plenty of other reputable zooples stockists, so I'm gonna get em from there in future.

So that's Nestle, Nike and now Zoopla that I'm gonna avoid from now on
  • Options
    The name quenelle comes from an elongated fish meatballs dish, which is said to look like a suppository. Hence, the phrase "mettre une quenelle" ("to give someone the quenelle "), with a gesture simulating fisting practice, is similar to the English "up yours". The arm outstretched refers to the length of the arm going up ones bottom.

The French are so strange.

WHY DO THE FRENCH ONLY HAVE ONE EGG FOR BREAKFAST? – BECAUSE ONE EGG IS UN OEUF.
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Property finders I think. Can't be arsed to look on internet!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2014
    BIG_ROB said:

Loco said:

BIG_ROB said:

There's plenty of other reputable zooples stockists, so I'm gonna get em from there in future.

So that's Nestle, Nike and now Zoopla that I'm gonna avoid from now on
    Trouble with zooples is the calories, I'm trying to slim down a bit.

I'm with you on Nike though, every time I see someone running in a race they've got some Nike on trainers, tee shirt or shorts. They must be racists!
  • Options
    Anelka has always given me the impression that he's an utter c**t anyway.I'm with zoopla on this one.
  • Options
    Zoopla just dumped the Baggies over the Anelka Gesture.......
  • Options
    Property website Zoopla, the main sponsor of West Brom, will end its sponsorship at the end of the current season.

Zoopla has been reviewing its position over the past few weeks in light of the actions of striker, Nicolas Anelka, during the match against West Ham over the Christmas period.

Head of Communications for Zoopla, Lawrence Hall said, "In recent weeks we have decided to re-evaluate this sponsorship and as a result we will focus our attention on other marketing activities from the end of the season."
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Zoopla just dumped ended their relation with the Baggies over the Anelka Gesture and pretended it was because of the Anelka gesture.......
  • Options
    This has given Zoopla ALOT of publicity which is what sponsorship is all about
  • Options
    The world of 'sport' is getting more and more complicated and filled with controversy and political interference:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-25811461
  • Options
    I wonder if this was the final year of the Zoopla contract anyway and this is there way of extracting as much value/publicity from the last few months of the deal ?
  • Options
    I think if you are a Jewish businessman whose company sponsors a company that has employees making anti semitic gestures and then that company appears to support that employee it's no surprise that you pull the plug on the sponsorship.

There is some right bollocks being spouted about this in this thread by people who either support anti Semitism or are just blind to the offence caused by Anelka.

I'd have sacked him forthwith. As I would anyone who makes racist or other offensive gestures publicly whilst at work.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chizz said:

1StevieG said:

Zoopla just dumped ended their relation with the Baggies over the Anelka Gesture and pretended it was because of the Anelka gesture.......
    se9addick said:

I wonder if this was the final year of the Zoopla contract anyway and this is there way of extracting as much value/publicity from the last few months of the deal ?

It's far more likely that what you see and hear is what you get .. Zoopla is Jewish owned and the owners do not approve of an employee of a company they sponsor making public displays of what could be construed as anti-jewish gestures, no matter how ill advised and stupid he may have been in so doing what he did .. the jewish owners of Zoopla have therefore decided to withdraw all support from the company (WBA) which has been reluctant to censure the employee (Anelka) or to fire him
  • Options
    They are that offended they are waiting until the end of the season. I am assuming they have paid WBA this season's sponsorship money so why wait, why not tell WBA to remove their name as soon as possible..............oh I know their name will not be on TV.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

They are that offended they are waiting until the end of the season. I am assuming they have paid WBA this season's sponsorship money so why wait, why not tell WBA to remove their name as soon as possible..............oh I know their name will not be on TV.

probably because Zoopla/WBA are contracted for a set period and Zoopla wants to avoid possible damaging and expensive breach of contract litigation .. the Quenelle is SUPPOSEDLY anti Jewish (not anti semetic as Arabs and other south European/Middle Eastern peoples are also 'semites') .. there is no PROOF that this is the case .. The Zoopla owners have made their point
  • Options

probably because Zoopla/WBA are contracted for a set period and Zoopla wants to avoid possible damaging and expensive breach of contract litigation .. the Quenelle is SUPPOSEDLY anti Jewish (not anti semetic as Arabs and other south European/Middle Eastern peoples are also 'semites') .. there is no PROOF that this is the case .. The Zoopla owners have made their point
    Off topic - but an interesting point - Wiki says;

"While the term's etymology might suggest that antisemitism is directed against all Semitic people, the term was coined in the late 19th century in Germany as a more scientific-sounding term for Judenhass ("Jew-hatred"),[3] and that has been its normal use since then."
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    ^^^ 'normal' but inaccurate .. but there again I am one who still considers 'gay' to mean carefree and happy, not homosexual
  • Options
    Started against Everton, wonder what he will do if he scores.
  • Options
    cafcdan18 said:

Started against Everton, wonder what he will do if he scores.

off topic but WBA look fired up tonight .. new manager, club under scrutiny, a team mate in trouble .. has the makings of a good game
  • Options
    Anelka is being 'charged' by the FA according to the BBC website. Nasri has so far escaped 'prosecution', presumably because he apologised for any offence caused to Jewish people
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2013/12/30/4512016/manchester-city-star-nasri-defiant-over-quenelle-gesture?ICID=PP_7626

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25823368
  • Options
    England players, before an international against Germany...