Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roll Call for all THREE Huddersfield trips

Anyone other than me, Seb and Fanny?

Comments

• Options
    Ollie
  • Options
    owenwiththehat
  • Options
    Erol Umut
  • Options
    my old man
  • Options
    My travelling companion, Don.
  • Options
    DrKish
  • Options
    brilliant ... madness ... love it
  • Options
    SCP
  • Options
    Dave the Huddersfield fan
  • Options
    I CAN get away on sat after all .. 2 outta 3 aint bad .. who sang that dirge ??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Respect to you all, true heroes.

Out of interest, do any of you actually like going to Huddersfield? There's a few trips that I'd happily make three times a season, Brighton, Bournemouth, etc, but Huddersfield wouldn't be one of them. Just wondered if there were any Charlton fans who actually love going to Huddersfield because there's a great pub up there/ the hookers are really cheap/ Huddersfield Railway station is the one best in the country, etc.

Anyway, hope we get a win there for you on Saturday.
  • Options
    Nick Gray
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Respect to you all, true heroes.

Out of interest, do any of you actually like going to Huddersfield? There's a few trips that I'd happily make three times a season, Brighton, Bournemouth, etc, but Huddersfield wouldn't be one of them. Just wondered if there were any Charlton fans who actually love going to Huddersfield because there's a great pub up there/ the hookers are really cheap/ Huddersfield Railway station is the one best in the country, etc.

Anyway, hope we get a win there for you on Saturday.

I like gong to Hudds especially in the spring or autumn, get a hotel and stay for a couple of days .. north of town, the country is terrific, the town itself is full of interest if you know where to look .. I have a few friends and acquaintances there .. one lady in particular .. I emphasise that she is NOT on the game .. so far as I know anyway .. I usually drive over there .. this w/end I am going on the TransPenine choo-choo
  • Options
    Me! Although it's a bit easier to get to than for most of you.
  • Options
    Mr L

Huddersfield is actually less dingy than most northern towns and the John Smith Stadium (or wahtever it is this year) is actually quite nice. You should see Rochdale or Bury! I've seen Charlton there maybe 4 times over the past 4 years and seen some truly dreadful performances. The only game I missed was the 1-0 win when Callum Harriot scored.
  • Options
    Hey, Lincs that's too much info. Methinks thou doth protest too much.

Meatloaf.

May well see you there again.
  • Options

Mr L

Huddersfield is actually less dingy than most northern towns and the John Smith Stadium (or wahtever it is this year) is actually quite nice. You should see Rochdale or Bury! I've seen Charlton there maybe 4 times over the past 4 years and seen some truly dreadful performances. The only game I missed was the 1-0 win when Callum Harriot scored.

bit of a generalisation .. BUT .. Yorkshire towns are generally 'less dingy' than Lancashire towns .. including the wildly overrated Liverpool and Manchester
  • Options

Mr L

bit of a generalisation .. BUT .. Yorkshire towns are generally 'less dingy' than Lancashire towns .. including the wildly overrated Liverpool and Manchester
    I live in Stockport, the dingiest of them all!
  • Options
    Fair play to all of those also making it a hat-trick of visits to Huddersfield.

I agree that the journey is a nice one as once you're off the motorway the route in takes you through some impressive countryside with nice houses and cottages. Then you sweep down into town and then up a very steep hill to get to the ground- which is another reason I like to go there by coach!
  • Options

Mr L

I live in Stockport, the dingiest of them all!
    at least you're close to the airport for a quick getaway .. ((:>)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Hey, Lincs that's too much info. Methinks thou doth protest too much.

Meatloaf.

May well see you there again.

be a pleasure Bryan .. meet me under the clock at Hudds station !! .. or inbox me to arrange a meet
  • Options
    I will let you know but surely the station clock is for you to meet your bird?.?

Hope you are well by the way.
  • Options

Mr L

Yeah, I've been to Huddersfield before and will concede that it's not that bad as a town, and the stadium, whatever it's called this week, is one of the better new builds I've been to. Surprised you flagged up Bury as a dump though, that didn't seem too bad to me from what little I saw of it a couple of years ago.

My missus is from Barnsley so I've spent quite a lot of time in that part of the world, I think it's probably unfairly tarnished my view of Yorkshire in general.
  • Options
    Hopefully Chris Powell
  • Options
    For anyone contemplating going to this... Stuart Atwell is the ref!
  • Options

For anyone contemplating going to this... Stuart Atwell is the ref!

But we only had that clown at Ipswich on New Years Day! Surely there's some sort of rotation policy that means that ref's don't appear for the same team that often? Although saying that we had D'Urso in quick succession a little while ago too.

• Options
    Bloody hell it must be true that the FA want to either bore us or see us out of the competition if we're being given Stuart Atwell

Just give us Manchester City at the Etihad if they do want us out!!
  • Options
    Northwestaddick.
    Going to bredbury hall in June. Anything I should know ?
  • Options

I agree that the journey is a nice one as once you're off the motorway the route in takes you through some impressive countryside with nice houses and cottages. Then you sweep down into town and then up a very steep hill to get to the ground- which is another reason I like to go there by coach!

ANOTHER roller coaster type ride Tommy ?

Isn't supporting Charlton enough for you ?

;-)

• Options

ANOTHER roller coaster type ride Tommy ?

Isn't supporting Charlton enough for you ?

;-)

You know it's always fun and games on the coach Fanny! And if we win we get to hear Les sing his song!