Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roll Call for all THREE Huddersfield trips

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2014

For anyone contemplating going to this... Stuart Atwell is the ref!

he was also the referee this year season when we played at Huddersfield in the league .. I've seen him a few times before and to my mind, he is a decent referee .. I'll await the opinions of others with interest.

Some decent pictures here:

http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/news/stuart-attwell-referee-huddersfield-town-6535858

• Options
    markmc68 said:

Northwestaddick.
    Going to bredbury hall in June. Anything I should know ?

Back in the day bredbury hall used to be a cracking night out. You could not fail to pull in there and get some sort in to one of the hotels rooms and, if local girls admitted to having been there, you automatically thought slag!!!

I have not been there for a night out for donkeys years although I have been for a day time pint and it is really nice and classy now. By all accounts from a mate, the notoriety from bygone years is a thing of the past and it is a top notch venue now.

• Options
    A couple of pals have been recently and reckon its superb. Just wanted a local to back their views up. Staying in site for two nights.
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

A couple of pals have been recently and reckon its superb. Just wanted a local to back their views up. Staying in site for two nights.

Just spoke with a mate whos daughter went just before chrimbo and he confirms what your mates say, its superb. As I said before, I went there last year for a daytime pint and it really does look a classy venue. I should have added that back in the day was the late 70's / early 80's so its had plenty of time to clean its act up!

• Options
    MrLargo said:

Mr L

Huddersfield is actually less dingy than most northern towns and the John Smith Stadium (or wahtever it is this year) is actually quite nice. You should see Rochdale or Bury! I've seen Charlton there maybe 4 times over the past 4 years and seen some truly dreadful performances. The only game I missed was the 1-0 win when Callum Harriot scored.

Yeah, I've been to Huddersfield before and will concede that it's not that bad as a town, and the stadium, whatever it's called this week, is one of the better new builds I've been to. Surprised you flagged up Bury as a dump though, that didn't seem too bad to me from what little I saw of it a couple of years ago.

My missus is from Barnsley so I've spent quite a lot of time in that part of the world, I think it's probably unfairly tarnished my view of Yorkshire in general.
    Ive lived up here 30 years (Brighouse) and can say that Hudds and Barnsley might be only 20 miles apart but they are very different. Hudds is one of the better of the M62 corridor towns, has a university, is a liberal,multi cultural town with long history of Jamaican and Pakistani immigrants due to textile industry, Barnsley is pretty much white working class former mining town (not knocking, just observing).

Most Town supporters live in the more urban north kirklees area which includes such delights as Dewsbury and Batley. South of the town is quite rural where last of summer wine was shot and is really the northern tip of the peaks.
    If you come up the M1 it is quicker to continue to Leeds and come back on M62 to junc 25 rather than use Hudds junction (38) as that takes ages through the villages, though more scenic if you like that kind o thing
  • Options
    I went to Barnsley and Huddersfield away in the league earlier this season, once to Huddersfield was enough, any more is plain insanity!

Well played the faithful few, I hope you get your just rewards at the weekend.
  • Options
    I am now going on Saturday. My Niece is driving me up and she will have completed the Huddersfield 3 trips. Like me she lives on the South coast.
  • Options
    1/3 To Hudds, well played.
    2/3 To Hudds, die hard fan.
    3/3 To Hudds, seek help.
  • Options

3/3 To Hudds, seek help.

I am, I am! Thing is they've given me this really nice jacket but the sleeves are far too long.......

• Options

3/3 To Hudds, seek help.

I am, I am! Thing is they've given me this really nice jacket but the sleeves are far too long.......

And I'm still taking the tablets...

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Neil Lennon
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Respect to you all, true heroes.

Out of interest, do any of you actually like going to Huddersfield? There's a few trips that I'd happily make three times a season, Brighton, Bournemouth, etc, but Huddersfield wouldn't be one of them. Just wondered if there were any Charlton fans who actually love going to Huddersfield because there's a great pub up there/ the hookers are really cheap/ Huddersfield Railway station is the one best in the country, etc.

Anyway, hope we get a win there for you on Saturday.

Not that I would have been to any of the three this season, Huddersfield is a good away trip. Some very decent boozers, ground is okay, shame we don't do well up there!
    Tomorrow perhaps we'll turn things around with a win.