Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mata to Man Utd almost done

By the sounds of it Juan Mata to Man Utd almost done

BREAKING: Chelsea have accepted a £37million bid from Manchester United for Juan Mata and will undergo a medical tomorrow. #CFC #MUFC

Good transfer for united but should of happened August at the latest he might of been the difference this season

Comments

• Man U were potential title rivals to Chelsea in August so a risk to sell him then. Selling then now means that United have got more chance of taking points from Chelsea's title rivals.
  • Think it's very Shrewd of Jose, put an end to any feint chances of United retaining the title then sell them Mata who may effect the title race in game's against there rivals.
  • Great minds and all that....
  • (see Mr Largo) Brave of Chelsea to sell a terrific player to a major rival, but it's good for the English game .. he'll do very well at Man United .. no danger to Chelsea perhaps this season .. but in future .... ?
  • 37 million, the world has gone mad.
  • dickplumb said:

37 million, the world has gone mad.

For that you can buy two Charlton's but only Juan Mata.
  • dickplumb said:

Ozil cost a reported £42 million .. Mata for me is the better player
  • edited January 2014
    dickplumb said:

Agreed - but more shocking is Bale for 92 million. If he's worth that, then Christ knows what Messi and Goofy Ron are worth
  • I agree that Mata is better, but some of the transfer fees are obscene. Most of the football league clubs are struggling to make ends meet.
  • dickplumb said:

I agree that Mata is better, but some of the transfer fees are obscene. Most of the football league clubs are struggling to make ends meet.

Yep, pretty sickening when you see clubs further down the pyramid getting threatened with winding up orders over debts of a couple of hundred grand.
  • Sponsored links:

• dickplumb said:

I agree that Mata is better, but some of the transfer fees are obscene. Most of the football league clubs are struggling to make ends meet.

Excuse the bad analogies but it's the difference between Tesco and the corner shop .. players wages ? ... difference between (say) Leonardo di Caprio or Tom Cruise and the geezer playing a bit part in East Enders
  • By the sounds of it Juan Mata to Man Utd almost done

BREAKING: Chelsea have accepted a £37million bid from Manchester United for Juan Mata and will undergo a medical tomorrow. #CFC #MUFC

Good transfer for united but should of happened August at the latest he might of been the difference this season

Back in August, Mata was still Chelsea's best player! Nobody expected someone who was so good for them last season to be so out of favour this season, there would have been no reason for him to move.
  • Are people seriously suggesting that Mata is better than Ozil?

yes .. this person is
  • Its not a ridiculous suggestion but ozil is better IMO.

One thing i do think from this transfer....1-0 mourinho. Dont think juan mata is the player united need at all. Kagawa is a decent luxury trequartrista and he cant do it in that team

united need a DM better than cleverly. They need a RB. And a centre defender. Smalling is awful...big unit but he cant actually play football
  • Mata is a better player than ozil IMO. Was streets better than the other Chelsea players last couple of seasons and the only reason he's not in the team is mourinhos ego.

Man utd have bagged themselves a quality player.
  • Mmm not too sure. Think the only reason he is not in chelseas team is eden hazard

I like jose but despise chelski. He has worked wonders there this season and they are my pick for the title. Looking forward to him cranking up the mind games with pellegrini in the run in

any team.with Demichelis as CB does not convince me. He is absolutely shocking. Worse defender than david luiz and thats hard. At least jose has worked out luiz is a DM

luiz and demichelis might be able to defend in spain or int football by not in the english first division.
  • How is Mata better than Ozil. Give yourself the day off.

yes .. this person is
    Me too. When Mata plays, he is always always involved. In every game. Seen Ozil disappear up his own jacksy several times this season already. Against Dortmund for example, he was shite.

Don't get me wrong though, I think Ozil's quality and you can't argue with his stats.
  • Sponsored links:

• Think Ozil has struggled with the amount of and number of games we play over here, he looks tired and has far less impact on games than he had at the start of the season. Mata just seems to cope better at the moment with the British game, next year Ozil may be more settled though.
  • It doesn't Mata!
  • It's a Mata of fact that Sadiejane and NLA are in disagreement.
  • Both great players but I'd take Ozil. Interesting to see how Moyes will set up if everyone's fit.

RVP with Rooney, Janazaj and Mata behind could be great. Problem is that it's a mess behind the attack. CM and defense needed sorting before they're a threat to Chelsea etc.
  • The player Man U miss is Pogba. Quality CM who walked out on Man U for Juve.
  • Mata is more consistent that Ozil who has great spells followed by average ones, so it seems.
  • Ignoring the fact Ozil was the highest assister in the world last year, can't get more consistent than that.

Also has the second largest assists in the Premier League (behind Rooney), and apparently he's not even been playing well recently..
  • Ignoring the fact Ozil was the highest assister in the world last year, can't get more consistent than that.

Also has the second largest assists in the Premier League (behind Rooney), and apparently he's not even been playing well recently..

Well Mata hasn't been able to compete or he would have far more ;)