Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mata to Man Utd almost done

2»

Comments

• Options
    Either could be unplayable on their day, but I do think it's a bit odd to dismiss suggestions that Mata might be 'better' as ridiculous. The guy was involved in almost everything good that Chelsea did last season. And as stated above, Ozil can go missing for stretches, fitness reasons or otherwise.

I also think he is exactly what United need to dictate play better than they have been, replacing Scholes in that sense. But unlike Arsenal, he's not the ONLY player they need to turn the team around. Either Fellaini improving and dropping deep, or a new signing in central midfield (plus RVP and Fat Twat coming back), they'll go on a quite a run I would wager. Maybe with an extra CB too.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

37 million, the world has gone mad.

I know. I could have paid off my mortgage with that.

• Options
    Just heard that Charlton are going to hijack the move at the 11th hour. As soon as it's a done deal we can all watch the "Meet the Board" interview (so long as you have CAFCPlayer)
  • Options

Just heard that Charlton are going to hijack the move at the 11th hour. As soon as it's a done deal we can all watch the "Meet the Board" interview (so long as you have CAFCPlayer)

The increase in subscription numbers due to the suspense is paying the Mata transfer fee in full.
  • Options
    Mata is a superb signing for Utd, great player and harshly treated at Chelsea, their loss is Utd's gain....he'll be a star there, especially once Rooney and RVP are fit again
  • Options
    And Chelsea look to be replacing him with Salah from Basel. Excellent winger. Fab business that from Chelsea.
  • Options
    Will he play? They already have Willan and Hazard on the wings. They desparately need a striker.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

And Chelsea look to be replacing him with Salah from Basel. Excellent winger. Fab business that from Chelsea.

Very decent player who u will no doubt remember from your UEFA games last season. He was outstanding at the bridge in.the champs league this season

the.football cliches post.is total rubbish. Salah.is not rejoining chelsea. The are.mixing him.up with the serb at porto who has just rejoined

• Options
    MrLargo said:

Man U were potential title rivals to Chelsea in August so a risk to sell him then. Selling then now means that United have got more chance of taking points from Chelsea's title rivals.

They'll be title rivals for many years to come. Mata is a young player and will have an impact at Utd well beyond this season. Good move for all concerned.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

JohnBoyUK said:

Very decent player who u will no doubt remember from your UEFA games last season. He was outstanding at the bridge in.the champs league this season

the.football cliches post.is total rubbish. Salah.is not rejoining chelsea. The are.mixing him.up with the serb at porto who has just rejoined

WHOOOOOOOOOSH.

• Options
    Why did that earn a whooosh? :(
  • Options

JohnBoyUK said:

I think you've missed the point of the football cliches post
  • Options
    A ha. Yes i admit i dont know it. So its a site that deliberately misinforms for sheets and giggles?

*goes and puts the Dunce's hat on and stands in the corner*
  • Options
    Mata was all set to sign for Man Utd but was unable to.......because all the pens were shite
  • Options
    I REALLY dont like Mancs

'Try ringing Man United'
    On GMP North Manchester's Facebook page, the force said: "A man from the Crumpsall area of North Manchester rang 999 in a drunken state demanding to speak to Sir Alex Ferguson about last night's result.

"Obviously, it can be a sad and depressing moment when your football team loses a game, however, can we all please remember that 999 is to be used for emergencies only.

"If you would like to speak to Sir Alex about recent football results we here at GMP Manchester North can only suggest you try ringing Manchester United FC directly as you will probably (not definitely) have a much better chance of getting through to him there rather than ringing the police," the statement added.

Diane Grandidge, GMP's business lead for call handling, said: "Silly calls like this one are thoughtless and can make a difference in a life and death situation.

"You wouldn't want your own emergency call being delayed by someone tying up a line with a hoax."
  • Options
    Transfer NOW ‏@Transfer_NOW 54s
    Chelsea's Juan Mata will have a medical at Manchester United tonight and will complete his move to Old Trafford on Friday. #CFC #MUFC
  • Options
    Heard Powell turned him down because he doesn't pass the height test.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Pellegrini says players shouldn't be allowed to sign from one club to another in the same league.

"‘United are getting a very good player, but personally I do not agree that a transfer like this can happen in the middle of the season,’ he said. ‘I do not think a player should be allowed to go from one club to another in the same league in January.
    ‘It is not correct at this stage of the season. Maybe Arsene Wenger had a correct reason, when he pointed out Chelsea have already played United home and away, but my argument is a more general one.
    'I just feel that if a player has made more than five or six appearances for his club, then he cannot join another one in the same league at the midway point.
    ‘I just think if a player plays for a club for more than half of the season, a club with money can take the best players from the other teams.
    'The rules are the rules, so you play by them, but I just think they should change. I am not saying scrap the January window, just change it.'
    "

Shades of the 2004 Scott Parker argument...

• Options
    Manchester United ‏@ManUtd 37m
    CONFIRMED: #mufc has reached agreement with Chelsea for the transfer of Juan Mata for a club-record fee. #mufcmata
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Pellegrini says players shouldn't be allowed to sign from one club to another in the same league.

"‘United are getting a very good player, but personally I do not agree that a transfer like this can happen in the middle of the season,’ he said. ‘I do not think a player should be allowed to go from one club to another in the same league in January.
    ‘It is not correct at this stage of the season. Maybe Arsene Wenger had a correct reason, when he pointed out Chelsea have already played United home and away, but my argument is a more general one.
    'I just feel that if a player has made more than five or six appearances for his club, then he cannot join another one in the same league at the midway point.
    ‘I just think if a player plays for a club for more than half of the season, a club with money can take the best players from the other teams.
    'The rules are the rules, so you play by them, but I just think they should change. I am not saying scrap the January window, just change it.'
    "

Shades of the 2004 Scott Parker argument...

Well thats a load of baloney

If we want to equalise the domestic game there are much better methods than encouraging international transfers over domestic.

What would the proposal achieve?