Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

when you think of Darren Pitcher...

2»

Comments

• Options
    thought you'd be all over this thread once you saw it Si, lol nice one
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]I went up to him last year and said hello and said his goal was great at Blackburn in that night game in the cup!then he went to shake my hand and i said no way you palarse mug

He was in Crossbars for the WHU match speaking with Paul Mortimer. Weegie and I went up to Morts to ask if we could have our photo taken with him. Pitcher tried to muscle his way in and I nudged him out of the way. No way was he going to have his picture taken with me...
    Nice one
  • Options
    what's the rumours about a benefit match for Pitcher?
    All those years ago bragging about his wages?
    He probably wouldnt want me to go (again)!
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    PITCHER IS A MUG
  • Options
    I thought he did us a great service. Sodding off to Palace ,got us David Whyte and Morts in exchange.:0)
  • Options
    Can only think of his deflected winning goal up at Blackburn in FA Cup
  • Options
    I remember his first goal in Charlton colours, at Selhurst from just outside the area, I also remember Colin Walsh's comment - that he was a player of "limited ability".

Rumour had it that in his last season he took to wearing a Mickey Mouse badge, when asked why he would answer because he was playing for a Mickey Mouse club.
  • Options
    Absolute tosser i liked him when he played for us but from the minute he went to them tosser i remember giving him loads at that halftime draw he did what a cok
  • Options
    "Flash bang wallop what a Pitcher" - will never forget that headline after we beat Blackburn. Have probably still got the cutting somewhere.
  • Options
    Rumour on Facebook that he has died. Anyone know if it's true?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seems to be by some of the posts on twitter etc. Very sad if true, must have been under 50.

• Options
    His wiki page is saying he died a legend in Nov 2018 but there’s no details.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    A guy in twitter saying he was with him when he passed away at 18:39 last night.

• Options
    I had words with him following a game in the lounge at Palace after he joined them....he was well out of order.
    I had the temerity to question him (in a somewhat light hearted fashion), about the way Palace had set about deliberately targeting Lee Bowyer with some outrageous thuggish tactics in which he was the main instigator.
    Looked at me with a snidey smirk and said......”Shame i’n it!”
    I turned my back on him and carried on with my drink.
  • Options
    Hope this is not true. Must have been about 10/11 when he was breaking through and had the ‘Darren Dircher’ article on my wall after his Blackburn goal. Too young.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    All seems to have come from one person so far. I’d hold fire on spreading until some confirmation
  • Options
    Hope its not true.

First Charlton player i see score live a header at home against Brentford must be around 92/93
  • Options
    I think this will become an RIP thread.
  • Options
    Confirmed on OS

RIP

Can someone change the title or better start a new thread.
  • Options
    It’s on the clubs website, RIP, the man who laid on the goal for Walsh’s first back at the valley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Club have now confirmed in a tweet. RIP Darren.
  • Options
    Please start a new thread.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Please start a new thread.

I have, this needs closing.
  • Options
    R. I. P.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!