Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I Do Not Believe It !!!!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Wonder if the team will stay up in Yorkshire permanently
  • Options
    Pleasingly winnable.
  • Options
    Its the hope that gets to me...against man citeh et al its clear we are being knocked out...but we have a chance (and will still probably be knocked out)...
  • Options
    So Man City beat Chelsea whilst Arsenal beat Liverpool. Arsenal then get Man City next round and beat Arsenal. Alongside this we quietly beat Wednesday, then Wigan etc and get Man City in the final and win 3-1. Easy!
  • Options
    First thing I did when I got up this morning was rush to the computer to see who we drew.Have to admit I was really surprised that many of you were complaining.Is there something local I don't know about?Or some bad incidents in the history?One of my favourite musicians is Richard Hawley who is from Sheffield.He's written many songs about the city and it doesn't seem to me it's an awful place to go to?The game will probablly not be on TV but to me it's always more important and exciting to know that we go through to the next round than watch us get thrashed and knocked out by one of the super big sides.I know it's not 100% certain that we'll beat Sheffield W but like others said it's at least a winnable game.So I'm very much looking forward to it.Can't remember the last time I was this excited about the cup....
  • Options

First thing I did when I got up this morning was rush to the computer to see who we drew.Have to admit I was really surprised that many of you were complaining.Is there something local I don't know about?Or some bad incidents in the history?One of my favourite musicians is Richard Hawley who is from Sheffield.He's written many songs about the city and it doesn't seem to me it's an awful place to go to?The game will probablly not be on TV but to me it's always more important and exciting to know that we go through to the next round than watch us get thrashed and knocked out by one of the super big sides.I know it's not 100% certain that we'll beat Sheffield W but like others said it's at least a winnable game.So I'm very much looking forward to it.Can't remember the last time I was this excited about the cup....

Exactly this. Don't understand the infatuation with drawing one of the top teams, that we're inevitably going to lose to.
  • Options
    If I'm honest I am frightened of having to play on our pitch, so I'm happy with the draw. Quarter final is well within our reach.
  • Options
    stevec said:

So Man City beat Chelsea whilst Arsenal beat Liverpool. Arsenal then get Man City next round and beat Arsenal. Alongside this we quietly beat Wednesday, then Wigan etc and get Man City in the final and win 3-1. Easy!

Man City wont be at the Etihad in the final either so with their terrible record (plus the fact the Wembley chef will put something in their lasange, being a Charlton fan) we'll do them over easily!!
  • Options

Someone has definitely cursed us in these cups, every year it's the dullest games possible.

Madness. Best chance we've had in years to get to the quarter finals of the FA Cup and people are upset that we have been given a winnable game?
    I make you right Dan. Whilst it does seem like we always get Hudderfield. In recent years, we have been knocked out by Premiership opponents in the 3rd round. People are never happy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am with jimmymelrose here when Smallwall got to the FA cup final they did so by not playing one Premier League team. I would love a day out at Wembley regardless of the result. I fancy us to beat the Wendies.
  • Options

I am with jimmymelrose here when Smallwall got to the FA cup final they did so by not playing one Premier League team. I would love a day out at Wembley regardless of the result. I fancy us to beat the Wendies.

definitely !!!!! This .. a day out under the golden arch .. and I DO NOT mean McDonalds
  • Options

@JessieAddick like a lot of cities Sheffield has good points and points that need investment, but the good outweighs the rest. Historically it's an industrial city, but it is also England's greenest city. It has the distinction of bordering the Peak District which is great. Impressed that you know and like Richard Hawley.

As far as Charlton and Wednesday are concerned there have been incidents between the supporters. But most of them are decent people.

Both sides will see the tie as winnable and yes it seems preferable to playing the likes of City and almost certainly losing.
  • Options

@JessieAddick like a lot of cities Sheffield has good points and points that need investment, but the good outweighs the rest. Historically it's an industrial city, but it is also England's greenest city. It has the distinction of bordering the Peak District which is great. Impressed that you know and like Richard Hawley.

As far as Charlton and Wednesday are concerned there have been incidents between the supporters. But most of them are decent people.

Both sides will see the tie as winnable and yes it seems preferable to playing the likes of City and almost certainly losing.
    Almost certainly?
  • Options
    edited January 2014

like a lot of cities Sheffield has good points and points that need investment, but the good outweighs the rest. Historically it's an industrial city, but it is also England's greenest city. It has the distinction of bordering the Peak District which is great. Impressed that you know and like Richard Hawley.

Wow,I didn't know that.Just googled 'Sheffield greenest' and saw many beautiful photos.

I saw Richard Hawley on local TV six years ago.It was a rerun of the Album Chart Show.I would have known him in 2006 had he won the Mercury Prize for the Coles Corner album.One thing I remember is his comment on Thatcher he posted on his own forum.He absolutely hated her and that was when I looked up on the internet and learned Thatcher was actually a very controversial figure,especially for what she had done to the northern industrial areas and the working-class people there...
  • Options

like a lot of cities Sheffield has good points and points that need investment, but the good outweighs the rest. Historically it's an industrial city, but it is also England's greenest city. It has the distinction of bordering the Peak District which is great. Impressed that you know and like Richard Hawley.

Wow,I didn't know that.Just googled 'Sheffield greenest' and saw many beautiful photos.

I saw Richard Hawley on local TV six years ago.It was a rerun of the Album Chart Show.I would have known him in 2006 had he won the Mercury Prize for the Coles Corner album.One thing I remember is his comment on Thatcher he posted on his own forum.He absolutely hated her and that was when I looked up on the internet and learned Thatcher was actually a very controversial figure,especially for what she had done to the northern industrial areas and the working-class people there...

Oh no, you've mentioned the T word Jessie. This could get messy now...........................
  • Options
    Lol.I know one should be careful when bringing up politics.So I avoided making any personal views on that subject.I admit I went off on a tangent but I think my post will be ignored because as far as the FA Cup goes,everyone else is busy 'getting ahead of themselves' on the other thread at the moment.