Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Benefits Street

13»

Comments

• Options
    I lived on the Ferrier Estate for many years, as well as other council high rises around SE London, I worked and never once claimed benefits, in my experience there were huge amounts of people on these estates that lived their lives like this. No work, dont want to work, would rather sit and smoke and drink 8 Ace all day.
    However, there were also many that worked hard and never claimed a penny, they just happened to live in council flats, but had pride and looked after their properties. The others, used blankets for curtains, no carpets on the floor, kids running around late at night, generally lazy and dirty and thought everyone else owed them a living.
    This is from own experience, having lived amongst them, so to berate channel 4 and others or claim they are being picked on is rubbish, they exist everywhere.
  • Options
    Watched this weeks last night, and amazingly, White Dee poured scorn upon her own daughter for wanting to work and earn her money, "just sign on" was her response, "why do you want to be different to everyone else" and it was not said tongue in cheek either.
    Stunning.
  • Options
    All of them are laughing at us though, it's time for us to laugh at them.

Far from making them look bad it has made me more sympathetic, and made me realise that they are not the ones winning, they just think they are, and society as a whole is losing out, but most tragically the kids are.

There's a world of difference between people who are down on their luck due to illness and problems finding a job and people who think they are living it up.

I think people need to be wary on both sides of making these people out to be a carciature, as well as making them out to be the majority.

Too many people take the 100% Guardian view, and too many take the 100% Daily Mail view, the truth lies between the two.
  • Options
    This is going around Facebook lol
  • Options
    The big benefits row, wow Katie Hopkins what a b"&£h!
  • Options
    I quite like her
  • Options
    Whoever keeps feeding her air time needs a good shoeing.

She's an embarrassment.
  • Options

She's an embarrassment.

Which one? White dee or Hopkins?
  • Options

The big benefits row, wow Katie Hopkins what a b"&£h!

Biggest pile of crap I've ever watched and failed to address any relevant issues. Just the rich slagging off the poor and the poor slagging off the rich and Matthew Wright shouting 'what about tax evasion' which was totally irrelevant.
  • Options
    I don't understand why this programme is on tv. What's the point in showing people with really crappy lives and bad attitudes to everything on the old box. The slobs of the world. We all have faults I'm certainly not perfect, but I don't why the dickheads of this world should get air time. No one has to know what these people get up to and it does no good to anyone.
    If David Attenborough narrated it would then have a purpose and would at least be funny.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dave2l said:

I don't understand why this programme is on tv. What's the point in showing people with really crappy lives and bad attitudes to everything on the old box. The slobs of the world. We all have faults I'm certainly not perfect, but I don't why the dickheads of this world should get air time. No one has to know what these people get up to and it does no good to anyone.
    If David Attenborough narrated it would then have a purpose and would at least be funny.

Didn't know it was about the spanners.
  • Options
    I think Channel 5 have started a desperate bid to up the quality of their programming and their relevance in current affairs recently, but I think they quite often fall short.
  • Options
    Sam delany summed it up perfectly on that show last night

Hopkins just came across as a complete and utter prick

Edwina curry what was the purpose of her being on there

Poor peter stringfellow being told he was a benefit taker

And the man hating bitch in the audience shouting out every mother is a working mother was killing me

The opportunity for a decent adult disscusion on the truth behind the bullshit was ruined

Anyway I will be goin to the school run chanting

Every father is a working father whilst wearing dirty clothes and carrying my 3 year old in a cloth sling on my back
  • Options
    I think she gets a well rough deal old Katie. She's only saying what a lot of people think as much so as someone like Peter Sringfellow thinks he is too, or Russel Brand.

• Options

She's an embarrassment.

She's an embarrassment.

Hopkins. She's like a pantomime villain.

Saying stuff like 'I wouldn't let my child play with a kid called Tyler' and that 'naming your child after a place is chav'.....when her kid is called India.

She's an idiot.
  • Options
    Carts she is just cutting herslf a niche market

The lay about fecks on there couldve got shown for who they were and the debate on it should be a contribution based benefit was missed as well because all they wanted to do was slate hopkins
  • Options
    From 'Viz' 1990.....

Viz.JPG 449.3K
  • Options
    I see from the cartoon, Henry hasn't changed.
  • Options
    micks1950 said:

From 'Viz' 1990.....

That made me laugh. Had to double check it was Viz though and not the Daily Mail or Sun.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    DA9 said:

Watched this weeks last night, and amazingly, White Dee poured scorn upon her own daughter for wanting to work and earn her money, "just sign on" was her response, "why do you want to be different to everyone else" and it was not said tongue in cheek either.
    Stunning.

Although in the very next scene she said she wanted the best for her kids ie career and good education.
  • Options
    Have c4 pulled this ? It's not showing on my TV guide
  • Options
    For one week it's back on Monday if you have sky on demand they've got all 4 episodes so far.