Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Can the 100% Support banner come down yet?

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2014
    I thought it was a '100% Support' banter, not banner.

Love all you Charlton fan scamps
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

It's up to those who run the site.

If you don't feel that way then I'm sure Ittv would welcome you with open arms

They would
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    There needs to be change. What that change is will be dictated by the man with the dosh.
    If there is no change then we are doomed.Simples.
    Either that change is that the man with the dosh says that the current manager can have some money to spend to get us out of the brown stuff we are in or he determines that the current incumbent isnt worthy of spending his dosh.
    Either way, if nothing happens this week, then we are doomed.
    I like Powell as a person,I like his Charlton heritage, i dont like his football, i dont like his results.
    Its a results business.
  • Options

I think the banner should stay all the while the man himself is around. However - and it feels very strange to say this - precisely because I have the utmost affection and respect for SCP I think it is time for Lowland Roland to release him from his present miseries. Despite our increasingly desperate plight SCP is held in the highest regard throughout the game and he would leave us now with his reputation reasonably intact.

The Roller would then be free to dust off an old warhorse like (can't believe I am really saying this) Neil Warnock to get us safely through what is now genuinely a crisis, so that we can regroup in the summer. The job now needs someone prepared to get down and dirty, to do anything to preserve our precarious status, and we need a manager such as Colin with infinite experience of this league, not one of RD's Continental connections.

I am very sad to write this - apart from anything else, it seems tinged with disloyalty. Nonetheless, the club's interests must come first. It looks in any case that the wonderful class of 2011 will now be broken up, leaving us to the tender mercies of RD's intriguing football bloodstock enterprise. I truly hope it is a raging success, and with the greatest respect to our European associates I sincerely believe that CAFC will very quickly become the star turn.
  • Options

In the grand scheme of things I blame Powell for about 5% of that, but that's just me.

Surely it should read 95% Support then?

• Options
    It depends if the 100% support is;

100% of fans supporting 15% of him,

or

15% of fans supporting 100% of him.

Tricky one this ffs....

; )
  • Options

Well it always has been for me and Lookout. Not sure of the other moderators but suspect the same.

We can't influence how people think and post on our forum and wouldn't want to, but it was our way of making a stand a year or so ago when the small but repetitively vocal Powell Out brigade started upping their post count.

We wanted to show loyalty to the guy in charge of the football club we SUPPORT and who we think had done a bloody good job. It has said a hell of a lot in the time since that it has been a source of piss taking for some.

As said on other threads, I think the current situation is an absolute disaster, complete mess. I've been saying for months I think there is a very real chance we'll go down. In the grand scheme of things I blame Powell for about 5% of that, but that's just me.

I like to think I've a fairly decent track record of calling things, making a considered judgement. Perhaps i have been blinded by too much loyalty? Perhaps I have been skewed by desperately wanting the nastiness from some of the Powell Out brigade to be proved wrong? Perhaps I know less about 'the game' than I thought I do?

Who knows. We'll find out soon enough I'm sure as some form of change either now or in the summer is looking more likely by the day.

Of course 'the banner' doesn't represent everyone, but it's our approach and we make no apology to those that don't agree.

100% for me!

Long live SCP.

He loves Charlton, I love Charlton, question is does Roland? We'll see!
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Well it always has been for me and Lookout. Not sure of the other moderators but suspect the same.

We can't influence how people think and post on our forum and wouldn't want to, but it was our way of making a stand a year or so ago when the small but repetitively vocal Powell Out brigade started upping their post count.

We wanted to show loyalty to the guy in charge of the football club we SUPPORT and who we think had done a bloody good job. It has said a hell of a lot in the time since that it has been a source of piss taking for some.

As said on other threads, I think the current situation is an absolute disaster, complete mess. I've been saying for months I think there is a very real chance we'll go down. In the grand scheme of things I blame Powell for about 5% of that, but that's just me.

I like to think I've a fairly decent track record of calling things, making a considered judgement. Perhaps i have been blinded by too much loyalty? Perhaps I have been skewed by desperately wanting the nastiness from some of the Powell Out brigade to be proved wrong? Perhaps I know less about 'the game' than I thought I do?

Who knows. We'll find out soon enough I'm sure as some form of change either now or in the summer is looking more likely by the day.

Of course 'the banner' doesn't represent everyone, but it's our approach and we make no apology to those that don't agree.

100% for me!

Long live SCP.

He loves Charlton, I love Charlton, question is does Roland? We'll see!
    We knew from the start that RD doesn't love Charlton. It was a business deal for him. That wasn't a bad thing i thought because it made business sense for him to help Chrissy strengthen as not that much was needed. I assumed that he wouldn't have got where he has in business without knowing what was required. I am seriously doubting that now- seriously!!!

Simon Jordan once said his dream was to buy us..... and close us down. He isn't related to tangoman is he?
  • Options
    He has my 100% support after today.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    He always had my support - about 95% in all honesty - now it is 100% and will remain that way. How can he be epxected to achieve under the circumstances he has had to face this season?
  • Options
    He needs our 100% support more than ever! How someone can be so professional in the face of underhand dealing and dismantling of his successful team, I can not imagine. I feel for the man so much
    I ask the doubters, how they would cope in their job with ever-depleted resources and little influence over crucial matters? Worryingly, every photo I see of Chris now makes me so sad. This man clearly looks so different to even the beginning of the season. The players going, not just Yann, must feel for Chris as well.
    Oh for this damn (sorry) transfer window to close! Gives us a CAFC we know and love.
  • Options

In the grand scheme of things I blame Powell for about 5% of that, but that's just me.

So, only 95% for you AFKA? Shame on you.........................;-)