Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Time to get behind Powell more than ever

2»

Comments

• Options
    My support for him hasn't waivered. How anyone can blame him is beyond me.

101 points a record in his first full season. 9th last year, totally outperforming the players abilities.

We have consistently weakened the squad due to financial constraints. Last year we had Fuller, Hulse, Obika. As well we have ageing legs of Yann, Jacko and Hughes. A crocked Solly. Even lost Waggy. What have we added?

100% support. If he were to go I would feel so dissolutioned I would lose the incentive to go.
  • Options
    Doesnt seem to be getting the extra 20% out of the players that he was getting last year.
    Not sure he's up to it really.

That team he built for the promotion year was meant to be a strong squad capable of challenging the top half of the championship. He did not build a strong enough team.
  • Options

my support is beginning to waiver slightly....still believe he's the right man for the job and fingers crossed we'll get some players in to assist, but some of his decisions are baffling and he's certainly not beyond criticism.

Well said Eltham. I suspect it's where most Addicks are at the moment. I absolutely want Powelly to stay as manager but nobody is beyond criticism, he's still a novice manager at the end of the day and will make mistakes. I for one want him to stay though. Give him some money and not having his hands tied behind his back and he'll come good.
  • Options

Making some errors but retains my support.

But as someone who went to the game last night, I would query whether he retains the full support of the dressing room. In an important game some players did not appear to give their all.

The new owner does not have the attachment to CP that most supporters do. A successful businessman watching last nights game, considering the tactics and the effort of some, might not be so supportive.
  • Options
    We are a complete basket case and are turning out to be quite the laughing stock.

Powells task has got harder and harder season on season. If he was given financial support I guarantee we'd be sitting in the top 10 right now.

I also 100% guarantee we will deeply regret sacking Powell.
  • Options
    Give the man some backing at the very least. Every other team around us are bringing in players.

We seem to be getting the sh*t from belguim which in a relegation dog fight doesn't help!!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I don't want to see him sacked, but he does have to take a long hard look at his tactics & team selection.

Don't know what he sees in Evina, I honestly can not recall him ever having a good game for us.

If we are going down lets at least go down fighting & trying to score goals!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    For those criticising Powell's team selection let's not forget that Wiggins was suspended and Evina's form is poor. Powell therefore had a dilemma, as Curbs would have said, as to what to do about a left back.

Whatever perceived shortcomings Powell may or may not have I back him, as a former England international in that very position, to have more idea of patching up the left back area than most.

The problem last night was losing Wilson then going 2 down as a result. Few teams if any could come back from that in my opinion.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

The problem last night was losing Wilson then going 2 down as a result. Few teams if any could come back from that in my opinion.

That was not the problem. With 11 or 10 men we would have lost.