Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RD making Powell Walk?

I think weirdly this could be RD's plan

If we sacks Powell he is going to have to spend more money then Powell just walking right?

If we sell Yann and Dale we should have around £1.4m in the kitty, let's say RD takes 400/500k for his pocket.

This leaves us with 900kish

IMO we can sign a decent striker, and a CM and maybe a loan,

2 out, 3 in

Comments

• Don't see that. If RD wants SCP out he would simply sack him.
  • what makes RD the enemy of the peace here, Yann refusing a contract is not CAFC allowing him to walk, its not being held to a ransom, every player has a value and if the people at the club feel that he is outside that value , they leave that's what happens in football
  • Don't see that. If RD wants SCP out he would simply sack him.

That would cost money
  • I believe SC is here because he wants to be! do we really think RD hasnt said anything at all to SC about his plans??
  • I believe SC is here because he wants to be! do we really think RD hasnt said anything at all to SC about his plans??

I definitely don't think he's told SCP of his plans

• J BLOCK said:

Don't see that. If RD wants SCP out he would simply sack him.

That would cost money
    Only about 5 months though. Not enough to influence the decision IMO.

• Wouldn't blame SCP if he did walk.
  • How about he pockets the all the cash and sends over even more unwanted crap players?
  • Wouldn't blame Powell if he goes, nor would I be surprised.
  • Sponsored links:

• No final judgement can be made on Yann leaving until the end of the transfer window/loan period
  • What if CP signs a new contract and Yann leaves still it imo shows that Yann was after more cash and rightly so , I think its another situation that can not be influenced by fans and although your angry , wait have patience and see what materialises

• Yann may be our best player but he's no Derek Hales! We survived after Killer was sold to Derby and we will again.
  • Players leave, managers leave, owners leave ... they have no loyalty to the club and many are mercenary ... fans remain and we always will, no matter what.

We've seen it time and time again ... and will again in the future.

I will follow this club whatever happens ... I may be very unhappy with a number of issues, but having followed the club since the 60's, nothing surprises me anymore.

We will be around long after virtually everyone currently at the club.
  • Thought for a while that RD doesn't see Powell as part of his plan (whatever the hell that would be). However, despite the usual people calling for him to be sacked, Chris still has the majority of fans supporting him. So, RD has tied Powells hands behind his back and thrown him into the championship sea. The likelyhood of this is powell will drown and RD will be fully justified in getting rid of him.

What I really fail to understand is why he bought us in the first place? A club in the english premiership is worth a hell of alot more than a Belgian table topper or any of his other clubs, so I naturally assumed his aim was to build upon what little we have and try to push us up towards reaching that goal. Instead, he just seems intent of selling off anything and anyone that is worth more than a mars bar and thinks that sending the odd player that isn't good enough to play in belgium over here. We're talking about standard Liege here, not Real Madrid. If they were placed in English football, they would be top championship at best. So why buy a club that's leaking approx £7m per year just to watch it sink down even further?

I really fear for the future of this great club..................
  • I agree tangofleash. But the fans wont let him will they?
  • Powell's best signing. The player who gets him out of trouble and someone who is loyalty to him. Being allowed to be sold with no replacement.
    No improvement to the squad and now in the bottom 3.

What's really making him stay. (Except loyalty to the club) because his stock is going down after every match.
    Will always be a legend and can't wait to hear from him, what actually has happened in the last 2 years.
    Long live SCP.
  • Walk or sacked, Charlton's loss will be somebody else's gain. He will easily get another, almost certainly better job and do well at it, because whilst like anyone he has his faults, he is without doubt a very capable manager.

Football really does hurt.
  • Yann may be our best player but he's no Derek Hales! We survived after Killer was sold to Derby and we will again.

Very good point. But the 'icing' was that he came back!
  • stonemuse said:

Players leave, managers leave, owners leave ... they have no loyalty to the club and many are mercenary ... fans remain and we always will, no matter what.

I will follow this club whatever happens ... I may be very unhappy with a number of issues, but having followed the club since the 60's, nothing surprises me anymore.

Absolutely. You have nailed it in one.

• Sponsored links:

• stonemuse said:

Players leave, managers leave, owners leave ... they have no loyalty to the club and many are mercenary ... fans remain and we always will, no matter what.

True - but wouldn't it feel like we're losing one of us if Powell was to go?

With a little investment in the summer this season could have been so different. We're in an utter mess.
  • If I was CP I would leave tomorrow .
  • If I was CP I would leave tomorrow .

Not sure I'd wait that long............
  • Heard more rumours that Powell wasn't party to Yann's proposed move to Bournemouth, wasn't given a choice. This might be RD trying to force Powell into throwing in the towel. Selling his best players from under him. I hope Powell digs in. I know he's put up with a lot, but just don't give them what they want if this is RD's game. And although none of us know what RD's motives are, if this proves to be his ultimate game, then I hope we as fans let him know exactly what a mistake he's making. I don't write this lightly, as when he took over I was excited, optimistic and hopeful. This last 48 hours is fast changing my mind.
  • That is not what I heard cabbles I think somewhere inbetween the 2 is the truth
  • Yann is 32. This will probably be his last big contract so you can't blame him for wanting a certain amount.

Fact is, we have made him an offer. He clearly doesn't think it is enough and to be brutally honest I wouldn't be surprised if he is covering that up with the I'm not signing until CP gets a contract.

If he doesn't want what we deem is our best offer then we cash in now. It isn't rocket science.

Some people really need to get some perspective. The world won't stop turning if Yann is shown off in a Bournemouth shirt tomorrow.
  • I really don't believe Yann wants to leave us.
  • WSS said:

I really don't believe Yann wants to leave us.

Me neither. But nor do I think he will stay purely out of sentiment/determination. He gets a good offer with security for his family, and not entirely sure where Charlton is going, off he will/would go. He'd be sorry to go, but go he would if the price was right. And who could really blame him?
  • Its football that's what happens

• Some people really need to get some perspective. The world won't stop turning if Yann is shown off in a Bournemouth shirt tomorrow.

That's right. But if players are being sold without the manager knowing about it, then that is far more worrying.