Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RD making Powell Walk?

2»

Comments

• Options
    cabbles said:

Heard more rumours that Powell wasn't party to Yann's proposed move to Bournemouth, wasn't given a choice. This might be RD trying to force Powell into throwing in the towel. Selling his best players from under him. I hope Powell digs in. I know he's put up with a lot, but just don't give them what they want if this is RD's game. And although none of us know what RD's motives are, if this proves to be his ultimate game, then I hope we as fans let him know exactly what a mistake he's making. I don't write this lightly, as when he took over I was excited, optimistic and hopeful. This last 48 hours is fast changing my mind.

That can't be his game as Powell is out of contract in a few months! Powell clearly has no input in the transfer policies so won't be surprised if he walks. Having said that, he has a genuine regard for us and may see it as his duty to try to keep us up. I look forward to reading about this episode when he releases his autobiography.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Some people really need to get some perspective. The world won't stop turning if Yann is shown off in a Bournemouth shirt tomorrow.

That's right. But if players are being sold without the manager knowing about it, then that is far more worrying.
    And so is sliding into L1, potentially for quite a while, because we sold our only regular goal scorer
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Uboat said:

Some people really need to get some perspective. The world won't stop turning if Yann is shown off in a Bournemouth shirt tomorrow.

That's right. But if players are being sold without the manager knowing about it, then that is far more worrying.
    And so is sliding into L1, potentially for quite a while, because we sold our only regular goal scorer
    We don't have any regular goal scorers.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Uboat said:

Do you really believe that RD would spend 20m on something with the intention of burning that investment?

There are still two days till the transfer window closes. It is inconcievable that we will not replace Yann.

Anyone who thinks that the club have not looked at a scenario where Yann, Wiggins and Stephens all go in this window is deluded in my opinion.

Lets wait until 11pm on Friday and see what the squad looks like then before we all commit hari kari.

• Options
    If Wiggins goes, don't make him walk, give him a pair of boots and make him run!
  • Options

Davo55 said:

Uboat said:

Do you really believe that RD would spend 20m on something with the intention of burning that investment?

There are still two days till the transfer window closes. It is inconcievable that we will not replace Yann.

Anyone who thinks that the club have not looked at a scenario where Yann, Wiggins and Stephens all go in this window is deluded in my opinion.

Lets wait until 11pm on Friday and see what the squad looks like then before we all commit hari kari.

Bless.
  • Options
    RD is no mug and he has a way of going about things. We've heard SL fans didn't like what he did when he first took over but I bet they're not complaining now. Maybe, just maybe, RD could see that having Yann up front dictated the kind of way we played which hasn't exactly amounted to a surplus of goals whoever we've had playing in midfield or up front. Maybe this is the start of a whole new approach.

I would suggest we stop slitting our throats and see how it all turns out.

I would think that the rumours flying about that CP didn't know about the Yann transfer are fanciful but if that is the truth then I would think 1) it's undermining Chris and 2) Chris will not be happy. It remains to be seen what happens if that is the case but there's nothing we can do but wait to see how it all pans out.

I don't necessarily think this is all bad news though. In RD I trust because I really don't think he's bought us to be SL's feeder club or his millionaire's plaything. I believe he's bought us for a reason and that is to have a realistic shot at getting into the Premiership.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Davo55 said:

Uboat said:

Fair enough. But there is precious little cause for optimism on the transfer front. I can't see us being prepared to shell out on quality players. RDs comments on FFP point to a parsimonious approach to wages. Who would want to join a bottom 2 side in apparent free fall if there are other offers on the table? I hope I'm wrong, and that we go into February with some exciting new signings and having retained Yann, Wiggins and Stevo - but I'm not holding my breath.
  • Options

If we sell Yann and Dale we should have around £1.4m in the kitty, let's say RD takes 400/500k for his pocket.

This leaves us with 900kish

I really don't think people have been paying attention to what's been going on at Standard Liege. Just because they are top of their league doesn't mean the club has been managed correctly. Perhaps Duchatelet just got a bit lucky.

If Standard Liege is anything to go by, we won't be seeing any of that 900k. In fact we'd have to still find another 39 million. How about selling The Valley?

• Options
    A rich businessman, a mathematician buys us to add to his stable of clubs. His viewpoint, as in the Yann situation, may make perfect objective sense to him. It may even actually make sense anyway depending on how these next few days pan out.
    Either way, he has paid the piper and all that....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think weirdly this could be RD's plan

If we sacks Powell he is going to have to spend more money then Powell just walking right?

If we sell Yann and Dale we should have around £1.4m in the kitty, let's say RD takes 400/500k for his pocket.

This leaves us with 900kish

IMO we can sign a decent striker, and a CM and maybe a loan,

2 out, 3 in

Have you been on the Xmas sherry - £1.4m!!!
  • Options
    As a half glass full person normally, it does feel like we are buggered! hopefully it is just a lapse!
  • Options
    If you include wages that £1.4m figure isn't that far away.
  • Options
    coyr
  • Options
    he might use Kerms money to help pay for our new pitch,this has to be put down first cos its hard to show potential new players what they will be playing on
  • Options
    Rob said:

RD is no mug and he has a way of going about things. We've heard SL fans didn't like what he did when he first took over but I bet they're not complaining now. Maybe, just maybe, RD could see that having Yann up front dictated the kind of way we played which hasn't exactly amounted to a surplus of goals whoever we've had playing in midfield or up front. Maybe this is the start of a whole new approach.

I would suggest we stop slitting our throats and see how it all turns out.

I would think that the rumours flying about that CP didn't know about the Yann transfer are fanciful but if that is the truth then I would think 1) it's undermining Chris and 2) Chris will not be happy. It remains to be seen what happens if that is the case but there's nothing we can do but wait to see how it all pans out.

I don't necessarily think this is all bad news though. In RD I trust because I really don't think he's bought us to be SL's feeder club or his millionaire's plaything. I believe he's bought us for a reason and that is to have a realistic shot at getting into the Premiership.

By getting relegated to the third ?
  • Options
    WSS said:

I really don't believe Yann wants to leave us.

Why is he in Bournemouth then ?

He has a contract with us until June.

I presume he's not got a gun to his head ?

Could it be because we're getting in better players & he won't play ?

Otherwise he'd stay & go as a free agent at the end of the season.
  • Options

WSS said:

I really don't believe Yann wants to leave us.

Why is he in Bournemouth then ?

He has a contract with us until June.

I presume he's not got a gun to his head ?

Could it be because we're getting in better players & he won't play ?

Otherwise he'd stay & go as a free agent at the end of the season.
    Ok, let's see what better players come in then?