Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Get #dontsellyannkermorgant trending on twitter tomorrow

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2014

My balls aint waivered have they I told you all to chill

#whywerenttheextensiontriggered

#BecauseYanndidntwantaoneyeardeal
  • Options
    #andhehadntplayed2morematches
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Yes because of the dross since 2005, anyone with a 'Proper Charlton' work ethic is bound to stand out more... but to me he's up there with John Humphrey and Stevie Brown. All legends to me - made you beam with pride the sheer commitment to the cause. If only we did have a team of Kermorgants.
  • Options
    #strangetoresthimwith2gamesonlytogodontuthink.com
  • Options

#cansomeoneclarifywhatallthismeans
  • Options
    The other players don't even like Yann. He's a poor trainer & they don't understand why the manager & fans love him so much !
  • Options

#strangetoresthimwith2gamesonlytogodontuthink.com

But if Powell wanted to sell him then why did he say the opposite in the paper yesterday?
  • Options
    Greenster said:

The other players don't even like Yann. He's a poor trainer & they don't understand why the manager & fans love him so much !

really? Not buying that.
  • Options
    I didn't say powell wanted to sell him I think its strange that he was so close to the extension being triggered that it never happened
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What makes Darren Bent a legend?

Saying he wouldn't sign for Palace makes him a legend!
  • Options
    It's not strange. I think you know the reason why it wasn't triggered.
  • Options
    im not sure if anyones picked up on this but powell said in his interview yesterday 'its not a case of matching them (bournemouth) i think its a case of yann may not wanting to do it'
  • Options
    Rob62 said:

It's not strange. I think you know the reason why it wasn't triggered.

Age?
  • Options
    Yann is not the be all and end of. Get over it!
  • Options

He aint a legend

Well he's a legend in my mind.

I'm only good for 5-6 games a year live. In the last two and a half seasons this is the player who more than any other (Chris Solly would be the closest) has restored my pride in the club after years of the hellish destruction of all my dreams.

It seems to me that in the few games I saw, every one I really enjoyed was lit up by a goal from Yann. And being Yann, they weren't tap ins. Yeovil away, Watford away...then there was the time he ended up bandaged like the Mummy. And I am glad to say that the best performance I saw from him was very recent. Brighton. That was a titanic performance from start to finish, smacked about as usual by desperate defenders, crowned with an exquisite free kick, all on a mud heap. We'd have lost that game without him, yet we spanked them.

I've got a signed shirt from him, first such shirt I've been proud to have on display for years. And I'm not about to burn it.

Same. Yann makes it worth the journey. Watching Charlton recently without Yann would have been torture.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Seems to be going quite strongly.

He aint a legend

Surely it's subjective. If you're 11 years old then he probably is to you. If you're old enough to have seen Mendonca and Hunt or Killer or Bartram then Kerms isn't on that pantheon.

People trying to tell who they can and can't hold up as legends has been one of the most tedious things to read on the Charlton forums over the last few days.
    Really well said. I'd also add that Yann was a cult hero who came at just the right time. There'd been a dearth in players who appeared to truly care. But losing him is not a long term problem IMO, and that alone tells me he's not up there with the others.
  • Options
    Au revoir big man. Thanks for your service. Good luck for the future :(
  • Options
    Pleased he's gone. No class!
  • Options

He aint a legend

Yes he is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we're taking Charlton legends, I'll give you two words: Martin Pringle.
  • Options

He aint a legend

Yes he is.
    He really isn't!
  • Options
    Greenie said:

He aint a legend

Yes he is.
    He really isn't!
    He's not a legend to you ( fair enough) but to others he is.
  • Options
    #we'realllegendstoourmothers
  • Options
    Twitter is fair enough, but fans turning up to Sparrows Lane? #Embarrassment.