Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Billy Bonds

Comments

• Options
    That's a lovely story. Sad for your friend's family and friends but my cockles are warmed by the humanity in this.
    RIP Simon.
  • Options
    Just caught up with this thread too. Lovely story re BB but very sorry to hear your friend lost his battle. RIP Simon.
  • Options
    Sorry about your friend Masicat. RIP.
  • Options
    RIP Simon x
  • Options
    Sad news. RIP
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that sad news.

Glad to know that his hero was no disappointment to him. Respect to BB who sounds a real gent.
  • Options
    I'm very, very sorry to hear how the story ended. Billy Bonds is a smashing chap
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Sorry to hear the awful news.

I can add that I had the pleasure of meeting BB a few years ago and can also confirm what the other posts have said and that he still feels affection for our club too.
  • Options
    Sorry about your friend I still can't find it in me to say anything nice about Mr Bonds but commend him for being good to your friend. RIP Simon.
  • Options
    Rest in peace Simon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP Simon, condolences to friends and family
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    RIP Simon. Condolences to Masicat and all who knew Simon. Top man Bonzo.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Sorry to hear about your mate Simon Masicat.

Pleased though that he enjoyed his relationship with his footballing hero.

RIP.
  • Options
    RIP Simon life is so cruel at times.
  • Options
    RIP Simon
  • Options
    Sorry to read this.

RIP Simon.
  • Options
    Masicat so sorry to hear that Simon lost his fight against cancer but at least he had those times with Billy god bless him.

RIP
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Happy birthday Billy!

I have fond memories of your rampaging, overlapping runs from right back, often just feet from me at the front of the East Terrace.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Happy birthday Billy.

Spoke to him a couple of times over the years, always happy to chat and had fond memories of his time at Charlton.

I believe he named his house in Chislehurst "The Terrace" after the east terrace where he used to run up and down to keep himself super fit.

Lovely bloke.
  • Options
    Brilliant bloke. Happy birthday.
  • Options
    Happy Birthday a great player for sure would be in my favourite team.
  • Options
    Too young to remember him playing for Charlton, but the stories here only confirm the impression he has always given...a top, genuine bloke and all round nice guy. As well as a classy player. Happy Birthday Mr Bonds!
  • Options
    Very upset when we sold him to West Ham, at the time if we had kept him and one or two others that we also sold, could have got back into the old first division and he probably would have clocked up 600 games for us, would be in my best 11 Charlton players.
    Happy birthday Billy
  • Options
    Perhaps he fancies coming back as manager? ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I have driven past him on the way to work one morning a few months back. He was walking up Elmsted Lane. I had to do a double take. I am assuming it was his wife he was with. Must live in Chislehurst.
  • Options

Seen him a couple of times recently in Bromley around the Glades.

Back as manager, could probably still do a job as a player!!!
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Seen him a couple of times recently in Bromley around the Glades.

Back as manager, could probably still do a job as a player!!!
    I bet he'd be fitter than many of our current squad!