Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

players turning down contracts what does this tell us about the owner?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Nice piece Grapevine
    The biggest obstacle Powell faces is time, or the lack of it
    He has to make the new project work now
    How soon before RD calls into question whether the current management team has the skill set required for his brave new world
  • Options
    I wanna be grapevine when I grow up.
  • Options
    Using kids to effectively get us out of the quagmire that is the championship relegation zone is either very brave or very stupid.
    They do say fortune favours the brave don't they. :-(
  • Options
    Nothing really. Stop demonising the bloke

dancafc said:

I can't believe we have not replaced dale Stephens. I understand he is out of contract at the end of the season so any money is better than no money but why has both dale and yann turned down contracts does that tell us the something more about the owner

• Options
    Grapevine - excellent post and written from a perspective of seeking to understand the new environment and challenges as seen by Roland Duchatelet.
    I am 100% in agreement with your assessment that "Dervite, Green, Hamer, Morrison & Wood have it all to play for" Most of these players should have a future at CAFC beyond this summer if they play well and we stay up.
    I am just writing an article for next weeks trust news and note that we now have thirteen players on long term deals with an average age of less than 22. I should be annoyed that you have stolen my thunder and written this up better than I have... but the thing is it is quite the reverse. Your writing (and NLA observations) point to the same thing: there is a strong guiding hand. Mistakes will get made but the emphasis is on youth, progress and value.

Clearly the challenge which everyone is worried about is staying up. One hopes that the current squad are up for that and that additions are brought in on loan to cover for injuries and deficiencies. And I hope that February results will ease the tension.