Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Getting a bit lively - Jimmy Stone (CAFC Media) vs Mick Collins

Comments

• Options

Jimmy said:

Slightly amazed this warrants a thread but just to clarify this. Dealt with Mick a few times, we get on fine. I think if you had kept reading the twitter thread you'd have seen it was completely friendly on both sides.

@MickPCollins: @JimmyStone_ That's probably because I've been talking about the way Charlton handles its PR quite often...

@JimmyStone_: @MickPCollins Touché! See you at Sparrows Lane soon Mick.

@MickPCollins: @jimmystone_ Every chance. I'll bring biscuits. Hang in there!

Thats it, spoil the thread why dont you.

winky mcsmileface
    Agreed, I took Jimmy's mum to the Valley once and I'm going to tell on him spoiling our fun!!!!
  • Options
    Jimmy said:

Slightly amazed this warrants a thread but just to clarify this. Dealt with Mick a few times, we get on fine. I think if you had kept reading the twitter thread you'd have seen it was completely friendly on both sides.

@MickPCollins: @JimmyStone_ That's probably because I've been talking about the way Charlton handles its PR quite often...

@JimmyStone_: @MickPCollins F*** you. Silk is worse viewing than Splash

@MickPCollins: @jimmystone_ F*** you too. Your interviews are worse than Kate Garraway

Kin ell lads, back up...
  • Options
    Naughty AFKA, naughty :-)
  • Options
    Cock Womble
  • Options
    I know Jimmy personally, we were in a 5-a-side team called the 'growling badgers'. He was fantastic.
  • Options
    This is was in the catford power league btw (7 a side!)
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Rothko said:

In what way Rick?

Firstly, the idea there is or was a coherent anti-Jimenez/Slater group pushing a narrow agenda. In practice, there were large numbers of people who'd worked them out, commenting on them independently - and they were only a fraction of the people ranged against what they were doing to the club. I think you know that. I accept some others on here don't.
    I accept this now.

Apologies that I doubted some information but I found some of it difficult to comprehend. Perhaps I didn't want to believe it.

Anyway - onwards and upwards, early start in the morning.

• Options
    Jimmy said:

Who are these 2 people any why or how are they important?
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Rothko said:

In what way Rick?

Firstly, the idea there is or was a coherent anti-Jimenez/Slater group pushing a narrow agenda. In practice, there were large numbers of people who'd worked them out, commenting on them independently - and they were only a fraction of the people ranged against what they were doing to the club. I think you know that. I accept some others on here don't.
    I accept this now.

Apologies that I doubted some information but I found some of it difficult to comprehend. Perhaps I didn't want to believe it.

Anyway - onwards and upwards, early start in the morning.

Apology accepted.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Jimmy said:

Who are these 2 people any why or how are they important?
    MC is the only cafe fan reppin us in the national press. Jimmy is one of 2 comms team members at the club. Both are proper charlton
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    . Charlton never cease to amaze, as I learnt from a very early age. Ultimately I guess all everyone wants is our team to be there, enjoy the highs, take the sometimes expected lows, but just have pride in being a Charlton fan no matter what - and we've had some whats! There are so many ifs, buts, maybes and should it be that it permeates in the wrong direction then there are enough people that care enough to ensure that the heart, soul and spirit of our club will never be broken. If circumstances dictate that people are not physically at Wigan is that a problem? Not at all, the heart will be there and the spirit and unity that makes our club so great.
    Made my sandwiches for the coach already:)
  • Options
    See you on the coach, RS !

( Can you make my sarnies too, please?)
  • Options

MC is the only cafe fan reppin us in the national press. Jimmy is one of 2 comms team members at the club. Both are proper charlton

Has his dad retired now then?
  • Options
    Michael Collins dad? He is well old
  • Options
    SD knew better than to post what he did rick

How long did he work at the club remind me

Everyone of a certain age knows of steve dixon and when he posted it he knew people would react and believe it

Now if as I have said from the start it was posted in genuine mistake because it was third hand nonsense then put out a oops barking up the wrong tree

The tweet was here as quick as a flash yet no one posted the ooops one

If someone has told him bullshit it would have to be someone he trusted and who he genuinely thought would be in the know

And if that's the case why, why do that to SD

It was trouble making straight and simple if it was fed to steve in that way

The difference with yann is loads of people knew it and that was before I even posted it

People at the club low and high ranking

People close to scp knew it yet no one posted it till he had gone the only reason I posted it was to say hold up why is RD getting all the flack

Players knew it

Yann to bournemouth was well publicised on here and was discussed at length people in pm knew what stage it was at

And when it was posted by SD it was instantly said

If people on here know where yann is how can powell not

So you may think that this is perfectly normal and acceptable I don't

I think and I don't believe I am alone that there are people intent on undermining and trying to cause bits of discontent against this board and I think powell is being used as much as a pawn in some respects as fans

You may not agree but a conspiracy theory it is not

Do you not think that if senior members of the new board read the post from steve they may wonder where such info came from especially if it had been true

Powell needs protecting enough from those with agendas against him the mgr let alone those who like him
  • Options
    RS/FF See you in that marquee place under the away end. The pie & peas are fab..........wouldn't mind some of your sarnies though!
  • Options
    edited February 2014

Everyone of a certain age knows of steve dixon and when he posted it he knew people would react and believe it

Now if as I have said from the start it was posted in genuine mistake because it was third hand nonsense then put out a oops barking up the wrong tree

If someone has told him bullshit it would have to be someone he trusted and who he genuinely thought would be in the know

The difference with yann is loads of people knew it and that was before I even posted it

People close to scp knew it yet no one posted it till he had gone the only reason I posted it was to say hold up why is RD getting all the flack

Players knew it

Yann to bournemouth was well publicised on here and was discussed at length people in pm knew what stage it was at

I think and I don't believe I am alone that there are people intent on undermining and trying to cause bits of discontent against this board and I think powell is being used as much as a pawn in some respects as fans

Do you not think that if senior members of the new board read the post from steve they may wonder where such info came from especially if it had been true

Powell needs protecting enough from those with agendas against him the mgr let alone those who like him

Nobody on the board bar Murray would have any idea who Steve is and Murray wouldn't be so daft as to think he was in contact with Chris Powell. It's just another piece of gossip on social media, which wasn't even around when Steve worked for the club.

If anyone seems to have an agenda over the last few days it's you posting your gossip about Kermorgant. So Yann may have behaved unprofessionally. Does anyone seriously think the club has been a model of rectitude in its behaviour towards him?

But I have no idea who might have an agenda against the new owners - all I see is some people reacting to events.
  • Options
    "When I was a lad", I do believe (and I'm willing to stand corrected because it would have been about 40 years ago) that I used to sit in front of an equally young Steve Dixon and Dad.

Well if my memory serves me correctly Steve's old man was let's say somewhat opinionated (I do believe it might have been in a Scottish "lilt") to the extent that my ears were still ringing some two days later.

It would appear that the desire to express ones opinion is in the genes. But, I suppose, if anyone should know about that it's me.

On the other hand, I've only been awake an hour or so and it might all have been a dream.

Perhaps, Airman Brown, who knows SD a lot better than I ever did could put me out of my misery and confirm whether or not I am going mad ;-(
  • Options

I know Jimmy personally, we were in a 5-a-side team called the 'growling badgers'. He was fantastic.

This is was in the catford power league btw (7 a side!)

Did you lose a couple of mates Mickey? ;-)
  • Options
    Bit like votv eh AB we all have agendas
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Bit like votv eh AB we all have agendas

What is yours exactly?
  • Options
    Made my agenda perfectly clear and I will say it again if you wish

When it was announced that yann was going (look at the thread yourself) there's was a constant theme

F**k off RD
    The club is a shambles
    Selling the family silver

Then a person very well connected at cafc, someone who had worked for cafc and was involved in somew amazing things for cafc posted that yann was on his way to bournemouth and powell didn't know

However that was simply not true

Powell did know
    Lots of people knew where yann was and why he was there

Lots of people knew yann had been offered a 2yr deal some even were told roughly how much per week

Some even had been told by differnt sources that yann had chosen to let RD know that the contract extension that was mentioned in the negs " couldn't be utilsed if I was injured"

Mysteriously in one of our biggest games of the season and the first game of the 2 needed before the window closed and the clause could have potentially been envoked

Yann is "rested" he travelled but didn't play

My agenda as I said at the time was

Hang on a minute before you make your decision understand all the noises doing the rds

Now those noises have not come from people that do not have connections at the club and may work at the club and maybe even with yann

So its not guess work its not fantasy it may be there is a lot more to it

If you don't want that side of the story to make your mind up then ignore it

Me I fully believe that someone told SD a load of shit and in my opinion Steve would have only posted it if he thought it was true and therefore must have come from someone he trusted and who he knew had good links to the club

So who and why did they tell him that when the total opposite was correct

So my agenda is to post what I hear when I am able to without giving away where I heard it so that anyone who wants to can form an opinion

If you don't like that I couldn't care less

• Options
    I was never very good with crime thrillers, which must be why I still don't really understand what it is that you're alleging. Thanks for posting, anyway.
  • Options
    I aint alleging anything just curious and thinking out loud
  • Options
    NLA - what I'm saying is that I don't necessarily disagree with your conclusions or with the fact that you're just reporting stuff you've heard from trustworthy sources.... my point was that when others do exactly what you are you start going on about dark forces when it's no different at all to how you're describing why you're posting. I don't think there's a big conspiracy, just a lot of different messages out there and a lot of concerned fans who want to share what they hear with their fellow supporters.

Anyway.... I'm glad there's a match in half an hour so we can forget about politics for a couple of hours and concentrate on what's going on on the pitch.
  • Options

Lots of people knew yann had been offered a 2yr deal some even were told roughly how much per week

Some even had been told by differnt sources that yann had chosen to let RD know that the contract extension that was mentioned in the negs " couldn't be utilsed if I was injured"
    So its not guess work its not fantasy it may be there is a lot more to it

To be brutally honest, with sources like "told by various sources" and "lots of people" supplying information like "roughly how much" I'd say that this reads like complete guesswork and fantasy.
  • Options
    The dark forces bit mate is because you only ever hear one side from certain posters and it always seems to have the same theme, and that's aimed at those who only ever say negatives either against powell or the way the club is running and even at some who's pro powell stance needs to be thought about as its not and he is not perfect

I try not to do that and I must do ok at it because this week I have had a fair amount of people saying I do not understand why this is not pissing you off or why are you so calm about all this

So the fact I am posting an opposite to what people thought I would must mean I am looking at all aspects and not just one side

I agree its a good thing and about time the football was the focus
  • Options

Players knew it

I think and I don't believe I am alone that there are people intent on undermining and trying to cause bits of discontent against this board and I think powell is being used as much as a pawn in some respects as fans.

Whilst I don't wish to make any comment on the content of this post, you may like to look up the definition of a conspiracy theory.
  • Options
    I would call it conspiracy fact not theory 8)