Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nightclubs in London

Does anyone know any good nightclubs in London that does house and trance music?

Comments

• Lardy Dars
  • BIG_ROB said:

Lardy Dars

Sounds very posh.

• Ministry does The Gallery on a Friday night which is superb for Trance heads.

House wise, there's plenty of places in Brick Lane, plus XOYO has Eats Everything residence.

Go on Resident Advisor mate.
  • mickc said:

BIG_ROB said:

Lardy Dars

Sounds very posh.

Up there with Whisky Mist pal and if I went there its gotta be posh
  • Defected in the House next Saturday at Ministry
  • Plaaayer said:

Defecated in the House next Saturday at Ministry

Don't be disgusting. Animal

• Goochies.
  • Carter said:

Plaaayer said:

Defecated in the House next Saturday at Ministry

Don't be disgusting. Animal

I'll send a photo, I know that's what you're after.
  • Egg can be a good night, 2nd what ValleyGary said about XOYO. If you can get tickets for defected next week then go, certain to be a good with an alright crowd
  • Egg is class... Eats everything was possibly the maddest night I've had in my life when I saw him in Bournemouth, so if he is indeed resident at XOYO go, you wont be disappointed.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2014
    Plaaayer said:

Defected in the House next Saturday at Ministry

Second this... Defected is the nuts.

Saw Joris Voorn tonight aswell... Was good
  • Cargo is good.
  • Huge fan of xoyo
  • edited September 2020
    Been out for a beer this lunchtime and was discussing long gone clubs, couldn't remember the name of the one in Vauxhall but just remembered it was Colluseim. 

Does anyone remember the one by Chancery Lane tube? Had a pink sign.
  • Leisure lounge??
  • Leisure lounge??
    Funny enough we just realised that, it was where Peach was.
  • Satellite Club?
  • Used to go Colloseum 10-15 years ago for their monthly salsa night! 
  • Sponsored links:

• buckshee said:
    Leisure lounge??
    Funny enough we just realised that, it was where Peach was.
    Peach as in Graham Gold?

That was always at Camden Palace for me then it moved to Vauxhall (club 133?)
  • Completely unrelated, but I used to go to an indie nightclub in the late 90s called Kaleidoscope, . The DJs were Erol Alkan and a Charlton supporter called John Sterne, cannot for the life of me remember his DJ name. Really nice guy, he was a couple of years older than me and would let me tag along with his mates to matches around 93/94.
    For my years I thought it was @Rothko on CL.
  • edited September 2020
    That'll be @buckshee who was ya man at Kaleidoscope @PopIcon, not me, although am a good friend of Mr Sterne
  • Rothko said:
    That'll be @buckshee who was the man at Kaleidoscope, not me, although am a good friend of Mr Sterne
    Thanks for that bit of info, must be a reason I've got the pair of you muddled up.
    I was youngish teen in 93/94, none of my mates went Charlton, so big up thanks @buckshee
  • PopIcon said:
    Completely unrelated, but I used to go to an indie nightclub in the late 90s called Kaleidoscope, . The DJs were Erol Alkan and a Charlton supporter called John Sterne, cannot for the life of me remember his DJ name. Really nice guy, he was a couple of years older than me and would let me tag along with his mates to matches around 93/94.
    For my years I thought it was @Rothko on CL.
    I remember Kaleidoscope well - loved and still do love all that music. A very sensitive fire alarm if I remember rightly which was a proper momentum killer...
  • Wednesday nights @ the Loft in Camden. Had some cracking nights in there
  • Not a club but a night.

Bedrock at heaven, charing cross / Honey club in brighton
  • edited September 2020
    Had some crazy nights/mornings in the early to mid 2000s at The Egg, The End, Turnmills and Fabric.
    Stand out sets would be from Ivan Smagghe and Craig Richards.

• edited September 2020
    Danepak said:
    Had some crazy nights/mornings in the early to mid 2000s at The Egg, The End, Turnmills and Fabric.

Went to all of those too except Fabric. Gurnmills was dark, dingy and bloody brilliant. The End was an after party venue wasn’t it? Then settling back at someone’s house for another 10 hours of partying. Oh to be young and free again....
  • HandG said:
    Danepak said:

Went to all of those too except Fabric. Gurnmills was dark, dingy and bloody brilliant. The End was an after party venue wasn’t it? Then settling back at someone’s house for another 10 hours of partying. Oh to be young and free again....
    I don’t think The End was after party. Opened around 10pm and closed 6 or 7 in the morning (from memory).

I do remember a nasty experience once. We ended up in an after party place on Oxford Street called The Office. Left around 1pm (I think). They played hardhouse. I hate hardhouse, but couldn’t move. Everything in front of me was like a film in slow motion. Scary, scary experience, until I finally had enough courage to get off my seat, move through the scary crowd and out onto a sunny Oxford Street.