Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Philip Seymour Hoffman

Comments

• Options
    Bl@@dy hell. Sad news. R.I.P
  • Options
    RIP. A good actor who was starting to get more prominent roles. Some other reports I have read have stated that his death was caused by a drugs overdose.
  • Options
    Shocker if true. Fine actor

RIP
  • Options
    In my opinion the best actor around. Synechdoche New York is my favourite film ever. Devastated to hear this.
  • Options
    Great actor....very sad RIP
  • Options

Oscar-winning American actor Philip Seymour Hoffman has been found dead in New York, US media have reported.

The 46-year-old was found in his Manhattan apartment, the reports quote police as saying.

Medical officials have not yet commented on the the cause of death.

Hoffmann made his name in the 1990s in films including Boogie Nights and the Big Lebowski, before winning the best actor Oscar for his portrayal of writer Truman Capote in 2005.

...puts things into perspective RIP
  • Options
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/philip-seymour-hoffman-dead-46/story?id=22335771

Henry do you trawl the internet waiting for people to pop off?
  • Options
    Hadn't realised that he had drug addiction issues. Great actor; one of my favourites. Young family too. Gutted. Makes losing to Wigan less meaningful than it felt yesterday.
  • Options
    Wow, that's terrible. I know he did some great stuff, but for me he'll always be Dusty in Twister.
    RIP
  • Options
    To me he will always be Freddie Miles in Talented Mr Ripley
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP. Was a wonderful actor that was brilliant in every film he was in.

Horrible to hear about the circumstances, drug addiction can happen to anyone. Thoughts go out to his partner and children.
  • Options
    A truly terrific actor .. always seemed to play the role of a troubled man .. perhaps this was art reflecting reality .. RIP
  • Options
    So sad, a great actor.
  • Options
    Shit. that is a shocker ! Great actor . 1 year older than me.

RIP
  • Options
    Genius. R.I.P.
  • Options
    Tragic, a unique talent.
  • Options
    A tremendous talent. Why does this happen so often in Hollywood?
  • Options
    The kop remembers
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    He put in some quality performances. Such a sad loss of a very talented actor. Excellent in 'Happiness'.

RIP.
  • Options
    One of my favourite ever actors. RIP.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have to be honest, I didn't have a clue who this was til I Googled him. Recognised him straight away, so for me he'll always be the Count in The Boat That Rocked.
  • Options
    "Dude, I just sharted"

one of the funniest lines ever

He was brilliant
  • Options
    Great actor , RIP
  • Options
    46. No age. Shocked. Found with needle in arm apparently. 3 kids youngest born in 2008. Sad news. Wasted talent. Most recently seen in Doubt.
  • Options
    Only 46, wow. Great actor. Think the last film I saw him in was Charlie Wilsons War. Have got The Master on Blu Ray but yet to get round to watching it.
  • Options

He put in some quality performances. Such a sad loss of a very talented actor. Excellent in 'Happiness'.

RIP.

Happiness fantastic film and a brilliant performance from him, as you say.
  • Options
    That is really sad, a great actor. RIP
  • Options
    This is so so sad, the best actor in the world today, always made me smile. Such a waste. Just so wrong.
  • Options
    A real shocker. RIP