Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Philip Seymour Hoffman

2»

Comments

• Options
    Jesus H

A junkie dies with a needle in his arm that none of you know and everyone wants to offer their respects. Getting like an LFC forum on here.
  • Options
    Only watched Charlie wilsons war last night ...such crap news. His best was still to come and he had already done do much good stuff. RIP
  • Options
    careful
  • Options
    Shocked...

A fine actor and - it always seemed to me - a decent man.
  • Options

buckshee said:

Jesus H

A junkie dies with a needle in his arm that none of you know and everyone wants to offer their respects. Getting like an LFC forum on here.

How much of a class A cunt do you have to be to post a comment like that?
    Don't know , how much of a class a cunt do you have to be to die after injection yourself with smack and leaving behind three young kids?
  • Options
    very sad news great actor
    RIP
  • Options
    Buckshee, I was out tonight and only found out a little earlier and made my thoughts known fairly late. This is a thread giving our regret, so understandably your comments are seen as inappropriate.

Incidentally, I would see the same about Pete doherty, he is a great talent, but we know where it will end up.
  • Options
    I think an RIP to RIP threads on here would be brilliant.
  • Options
    He was Mr. Lebowsski's butler
  • Options
    RIP always looked out for his films.

Frankly buckshee you're not looking to make an opinion or have a debate. You're scratching to make an ill-informed, tapped out, cliched, thought by pompous judgement, small minded comment in order to aggravate. I'm sure his kids and family really value your moral stance in denigrating their loved one.

I think any sane person would love to not have you're moralising inability to forgive in their family.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fair enough , everytime in future I read about someone having died of an OD in the paper from now on no matter who it may be from Fred Bloggs to someone famous and seemingly more deserving (according to some) then I'll start a thread on it ok?
  • Options
    This was his favorite movie role of mine in Charlie Wilson's War....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eOccnRyCUUQ

His role was made even harder because he never met the guy he played - CIA operative Gust Avrakatos - who died before the movie was made but the real Charlie Wilson (also now dead) described Hoffman's performance as "spine chilling."

• Options
    stonemuse said:

Buckshee, I was out tonight and only found out a little earlier and made my thoughts known fairly late. This is a thread giving our regret, so understandably your comments are seen as inappropriate.

Incidentally, I would see the same about Pete doherty, he is a great talent, but we know where it will end up.

and there speaks an adult that doesn't need to resort to name calling.
  • Options
    Probably my favourite film actor of the last ten to fifteen years. Very sad.
  • Options
    Here is the way that Mr. Murdoch's Daily Telegraph in Sydney covered this....

.....I thought it had to be a hoax.

It wasn't.
  • Options
    No class. Throwing the children in the spotlight just to further their agenda.

All of Murdoch's papers aren't worth the paper they're printed on.
  • Options
    Was great as Lester Bangs in the very good "Almost Famous".

Absurdistan, it came up on my twitter feed. Sorry for taking an interest in the world beyond "would yas" and Big Brother

Buckshee, so what if he was a drug user. How many of the 80s/90s bands you are into never over did drugs. "Don't ask for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee"
  • Options

It wasn't.
    Absolutely disgusting exploiting children like that, how many drug users which are parents have od'd in the past? I've never seen the angle taken like this, those poor kids, heart goes out to them at this sad time, Murdoch you should feel ashamed of yourself!
  • Options
    He was like a serious Steve Buscemi, in that he was not often the lead character in films but would often steal the film. I did not know he had addiction problems but I am not surprised, he always seemed to be the kind of actor consumed by his "art".

RIP (if the scum media allow it) and sympathies to his family.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2014
    My favorite Phillip Seymour Hoffman role was in a little seen film called Flawless from 1999. He plays a transvestite who is befriended by his neighbor played by Robert De Niro . If you get a chance to get it on DVD it's well worth it.

http://youtu.be/ObrdmtHZsvw
  • Options

My favorite Phillip Seymour Hoffman role was in a little seen film called Flawless from 1999. He plays a transvestite who is befriended by his neighbor played by Robert De Niro . If you get a chance to get it on DVD it's well worth it.

http://youtu.be/ObrdmtHZsvw

Christ! I had forgotten that was him too!

Bloody great film, I think that was the first movie I saw him in.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Fair enough , everytime in future I read about someone having died of an OD in the paper from now on no matter who it may be from Fred Bloggs to someone famous and seemingly more deserving (according to some) then I'll start a thread on it ok?

I do find the actual 'RIP' thing inane - particularly for a popular millionaire who apparently jabbed himself in the arm with too much heroin and died leaving three kids aged under 11 without a father, who blatantly wouldn't have wanted to go that way, and certainly wouldn't be at peace - but there's nothing wrong with sharing memories in a time of reflection.

Here's a gallery of his film roles, in case you forgot some...

http://skymovies.sky.com/philip-seymour-hoffmans-life-in-film
  • Options
    I loved Flawless as well, and Capote.
  • Options

It wasn't.
    Murdoch is a scumbag.