Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Straw Poll - Andy Carroll Red Card

Flores reaction is disgraceful but for me, Carroll's arm movement is not natural.

http://www.joe.ie/football/football-news/video-andy-carroll-sent-off-against-swansea-for-this-elbow-on-chico-flores/

Won't get over turned.

Comments

• Options
    Flores should be punished for the reaction.
  • Options
    Never a red card
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Never a red. Chico should be banned.
  • Options
    never a card, Swansea player should be banned.
  • Options
    Not a red for me but Andy could do with the time off ;-)
  • Options
    Flores has previous, a dirty, sneaky player ... ban him and rescind the red
  • Options
    it wasnt a red however, carroll does know what he's doing. if you see it from another angle, as soon as he span with his arm out, he looked straight to the ref.
  • Options
    pathetic overreaction to his bun being touched but there was intent on Carroll's part.
  • Options
    Never a Red.

Flores was all over him, clambering all over his back and Carroll was just shaking him off.

As an old battering ram number 9 myself I can tell you that it's bloody painful when the centre half is putting his whiole body weight on your neck like that.
  • Options
    He should be ashamed for acting in such a manner that would make you think he was sunk with a right hook. And he has previous form for play acting against the hammers that happened right in front of Big Sam who laughed so hard I thought he was going to have a coronary! No need to fine the guy as the ridicule should be enough to haunt him for a few games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not a red.

Personally think Chico should be banned, disgusting behaviour.
  • Options
    His arm movement is odd but not a red card. I would rather see Flores' behaviour stamped out.
  • Options
    Frivolous appeal increase Carroll's ban by a game.

Oh no it's not Charlton and Osei Sankofa but the 1966 world cup winners.

To be serious it looked harsh and the reaction of the player was way over the top.

Not sure whether it will be overturned though.

• Options
    Two parts to this for me...

Chico is the biggest fanny in the whole of the PL. Time and time again, he goes down like a sack of spuds, feigns serious injury then jumps up and he's fine. He does it at least once a game on average. Its players like him that give footballers a bad name.

As for Carroll, it was nothing and the contact didnt deserve a red but Webb is likely to have deemed the intent to be there. I cant see it being overturned and will be surprised if it is.
  • Options
    Don't think it was a red, but not 100% sure, a bit sneaky by Carroll .. a bit of intent. Flores should have been booked for clambering all over him though plus the reaction.
  • Options
    Law 12 - A player, substitute or substituted player is sent off if he commits any of the following seven offences:
    - serious foul play
    - violent conduct
    - spitting at an opponent or any other person
    - denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply to a goalkeeper within his own penalty area)
    - denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player's goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick
    - using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures
    - receiving a second caution in the same match

"A player is guilty of serious foul play if he uses excessive force or brutality
    against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it is in play".

Red.
  • Options
    Looks like intent to me, if he had connected it would be a different story.
  • Options
    Chico is an arse and got him sent off but...

It's a sending off for me. Regardless of if full contact is made Carrol pulls him off of him and swings with the intention of smacking him. If a player dives 2 footed and over the ball but doesn't make contact with the man then it's a straight red; same applies to this imo.
  • Options
    The swing seems to be a 'get off' movement rather that intent to elbow him the face.

Ridiculous reaction from Chico as well, made himself look like a right twat
  • Options
    Yellow not red.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2014

The swing seems to be a 'get off' movement rather that intent to elbow him the face.

My point exactly, his arm is straight and not cocked.

Back in the day Fash the Bash would have considered Carroll's 'elbow' the work of a powder puff merchant.
  • Options

Back in the day Fash the Bash would have considered Carroll's 'elbow' the work of a powder puff merchant.

Good old Fash the Bash.

Still not forgiven him for assaulting Gary Mabbutt...

Can you imagine how many times Chico would have rolled over if Carroll had done this to him?

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Good old Fash the Bash.

Still not forgiven him for assaulting Gary Mabbutt...

Can you imagine how many times Chico would have rolled over if Carroll had done this to him?

He would still be down now.

Fashanu was an animal, go watch any video of him on You Tube and watch the way he jumps - one of his elbows is always cocked ready to hurt his marker.

His capping by England was surpassed in absurdity only by that of Brian Deane.
  • Options
    Yellow card and a stern warning for both of them, but most of all we need to get hold of the nonsense that goes on in the penalty area for corners etc.
  • Options
    He threw his arm in frustration. He opened himself up for trouble as soon as he did that, and IMO cannot complain that he got a red. Although it wasn't a red-worthy connection, I don't think that was really the point.
  • Options
    About time they introduced retrospective action to look at play acting and dished out bans for anyone found guilty
  • Options
    Flores is a tool. Always has been. Used to pull that shit for Mallorca.

Carroll is a moron. Seriously - he makes Jonathan Woodgate look intelligent. Red card all day long.
  • Options

the problem is, you cant swing your arm at head hight for anything as if the ref sends you off for it and you appeal, 99% of the time the red will stand as you swung an arm (regardless of the other player trying to dry hump your neck whilst heading the ball)
  • Options
    wasn't even a 'swing' of the arm, if that's a red card then most games would end up 5-a-side.
  • Options
    If you hit someone, you risk getting sent off. So, to prevent getting sent of: don't hit anyone.